“Disappointment”

Ranked #821 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Zilina, Slovakia
“Disappointment”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Several positive things, reception staff are helpful, a short walk from Metro Line 1, inviting nearby are shops (bakery ...), the Paris quite large rooms, good beds.
Hotel deserves to renovate, while in the bathroom functional but at least it should belong to redecorate, old kitchen when we wanted to cook dinner pots were larger than the plate for cooking. Dishwasher - rather it should be discarded.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VladoTi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lawrencetown, Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Easy to get to & lots to see in the area. We took the RER-B from CDG to Chatelet, then, the M1 to Reuilly - Diderot & walked around the corner to the hotel. Did it all on one ticket per person. The property is on the M1 & M8 lines, so you can get to everywhere from there. Bought a metro carnet which allowed us the option of walking and or riding everywhere. Short 10 minute walk from the hotel to Gare de Lyon as well. Lots of outdoor markets, and great restaurants in the area. Bercy village and park are worth the walk.

Citadines are blessed with great staff who are very helpful, and efficient while being professional friendly. I have been to several Citadines, and enjoyed them all. Clean and nicely appointed apartments that I would recommend to anyone. Considering this is Paris, the studio unit was spacious. The beds were comfortable, and we slept very well. Again, no surprises here and my travel companion and I enjoyed ourselves so much that we will be back here again next year.

Room Tip: Take public transit rather than a shuttle taxi.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carlo S
SYDNEY
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This Apart/Hotel for us was a bit too far from the centre of Paris. We are walkers and tend to walk everywhere rather than use the Metro, so in fairness I should point out that the Metro station is close by the hotel. We walked to Notre Dame, Louvre etc, but it took more than an hour to do this. Our one bedroom apartment was well supplied and was in an external part of the hotel which we liked. We were able to open the doors onto the balcony for fresh air rather than have air con. The property had free Wi Fi, but we found that our apartment was in a blocked area and I had to go to the reception area lounge to use my wi fi. There is also a PC in the lobby for use. There is a good launderette situated within the hotel at a low cost to use. A supermarket over the road was well stocked. Property was well maintained, Reception staff were very friendly and helpful in organizing us transfers, taxis and generally with things to do in the area.

Room Tip: Our apartment on level 2 was quiet and had plenty of room. Only problem was lack of Wi Fi in the ap...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MOBTours
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I used to live in Paris many moons ago and was a left bank girl for a long time. More recently for stays / visit, I have been doing more right bank, often around Opera area since it is easier to get around and can walk to some places too. I have some friends in the Bastille area but this is my first time staying in the area.

I am also familiar with the Ascott group having stayed at their property in Auckland for 6 months on extended stay basis. Have had 1 short stay in London for Citadines a long time ago.

This location is a tad more complicated if you try to take public transfport with luggage from CDG since you would have to transfer RER and also to metro. the walk between RER and Metro is very long. I would be tempted to do RER to gare de Nord and take a cab for a few euroes more. Better yet, take the Roissy bus to Opera and a cab. When I left I was leaving from Orly and the amount of hassel to go by public transport make me take a cab and glad I did.

There are a few decent looking restaurants and cafe around but I was meeting people so end up not really eating in the neighbourhood. There is a little supermarket on the street if you need a few staples to fill your fridge. Some pastisseries near by where it could be possible to buy something to heat up.

I had a 1bdrm unit and only myself but need to do some work while I was there so thought the extra space is worth it. Unfortunately not sure if the 1bdrm units have been renovated and the set up is not logical. I can see this configuration might be useful if you are 4 travelling but TV is only in the living room and I prefer to watch TV in bed. Would have been nice to have a small TV also in the bedroom.

The bedroom while small was perfectly fine. The safe was closed and locked when I checked in so it was something I had to get resolved. The bedding seems ralatively new so it may have been updated recently.

I looked at a studio while I was there and it has a far better setup / configuration to me and it seem newer / more renovated. The unit I had had the kitchenette in the foyer section between bedroom, living room, bathroom and toilet cubicle. it was reasonably equipped but the stove top was pretty old since the numbers on the dial for the hobs were worn out that I could not tell the numbers or what is off vs low vs high heat. The staff took a marker and tried to write on the hob knob for me to tell but this really need to be replaced.

My main issue was with the internet service. it is free internet service but it kept cutting out which is difficult for doing something on VPN. Each room has a router appearently for wifi and not that great. I switched to wired cable for internet but that involved getting the living room side table with the cable and phone halfway to the desk with and stretch the cable to connect to my laptop and stretch my charger for my laptop across the living room doorway so it can plug into an outlet on the other side. If it was more than me, it would be a safety hazard. The staff tried to help but there is only so much that can be done with the limitation of the physical configuration. Citadines need to provide longer cables and maybe an extension cord in the unit or move the furniture around so it could be more logical for the 1bdrm. The studio seemed to be fine but I did not try to work in it just a quick look.

24 hour front desk but doors locked and accessed by keycards or be buzzed in. With only 1 person on staff on Sunday, I seen some people waiting to be let in.

It is a decent option for an extended stay type accomodation but it could be better with some minor changes (longer cable, extension cord, etc.) and better eye on the upkeep.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room if they have some.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary H
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the end of March 2013.We had a warm greeting from the reception staff who were multi-lingual and explained the facilities available and nearby.
The accommodation was clean and comfortable. The one bedroom apartment we stayed in had a twin bed room and a very comfy sofa bed. There was free wi-fi available (and an ethernet connection if required..) A kitchen area near the entrance provided a sink/worktop, a two ring hob (which was painfully slow to heat up), a microwave and dishwasher.
Unfortunately the electrics were not very good - There were two loose sockets in the apartment and the light above the sink area flickered depending which other switch was pressed.
The hotel caters for budget travellers very well indeed. There are many supermarkets nearby along with a selection of restaurants (including a McDonalds), Boulangeries etc. within easy reach. The nearest Metro station Reuilly Diderot is just round the corner for connections to the main tourist sites and rail stations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank thenuttster
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I just returned from our swiss-paris trip yesterday. It was difficult to choose which hotel to book in Paris because Paris has numerous choices of hotel. Because we had 10 month baby with us, Kichenett, connectivity and Airport shuttle was my priority when looking for hotels. This hotel served my purpose very nicely. It is an extremely good choice on budget. Not very cheap and not over priced . just the rightly priced and it does provide everything that it promises on its or booking.com websites.

We arrived to Gare de lyon station from Geneva and this hotel is very close from this main train station. Just 7 to 10 min walk. Also the Reuilly metro station is just 2 min from the hotel. The hotel is in city yet nicely located at a calm location so you can relax if you want to hide from city chaos. You can travel most of the Paris attractions by metro so having M1 metro station near was very convenient.

These are Apartment hotels and they have well maintained and clean apartments. We had booked 1 studio and 1 apartment with 1 bedroom. Both were extremely good. There Kitchen has dishwasher, fridge and plenty of pots, pans and dinner sets.

There are many restaurents and supermarkets nearby withing 2 to 5 minutes distance, McDonalds on 5 min walk which was a thumbs-up for us :-)

They do have washing machine and dryer that you can use for some charge. However, there is a big coin operated washing machine center just beside the hotel building.

The Lobby and reception area is very nice with a iMAC in english ( and not french like most of hotels) and printer was working fine( we had a very bad experience in Swiss about this). The reception staff was very helpful and also helped us suggesting the trips and guiding to the various travel plans and offering agencies. They all were good in english so it was not so difficult understanding them.

They were also very honest and returned us 256 euros while checking out informing us that there was a mistake in rate we booked via bookings.com. we did not even know that and we really liked their honesty.

They dont have their ownairport shuttle but they ave tie-up with a shuttle provider company, you pay 18Euro per person and can book this shuttle. It came 10 minutes before time ensuring that no-one gets delayed.

I will surely return to this hotel and also recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: If you have special needs, its better to call them and inform personally. We had put our special nee...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just returned from 5 day stay at this place. The location is excellent - 5 to 10 minutes straight walk from Gare de Lyon or a 2 minute walk from the Metro. The yellow metro line 1 runs directly to all of the major tourist attractions and our one day pass enabled us to hop on hop off when we wanted to. The area of the hotel is very safe to walk around and we were able to walk down to the Bastille comfortably. We also one evening walked back from Notre Dame as the evening was so pleasant.

Opposite the hotel is a mini-market which stocked everything we needed for our stay, there are a couple of excellent boulangeries - one at the end of the street as you turn left, and one as you turn right at Rue Diderot. There are plenty of restaurants on the Rue Diderot and also around the Bastille area all within walking distance.

Our studio on the first floor at the front of the hotel was too hot for us (even at the end of December) and we asked to be moved to the top floor at the back of the building where we could sleep with the windows wide open. This was not a problem for the staff and they were more than helpful.

Having toyed with the idea of an apartment - I was glad that we opted for the studio at a far less cost and this was more than adequate. Our bedroom was a large room with tv and table and chairs and an en-suite bathroom, the kitchen area, toilet and wardrobes were seperate as you entered the studio with a door to close the bedroom off.

The kitchen was well equipped with microwave toaster cooking utensils fridge dishwasher and all utensils including kettle. The bed was so comfy we have returned to the UK and are looking for a similar one - very very firm, lovely duvet, sheets and pillows.

All in all the hotel was exactly what we wanted - we could get up at our leisure and make breakfast in our room without having to rush around and try and get to breakfast within a certain time. There were no maids knocking our doors in the morning and nobody running up and down the corridors backwards and forwards to their rooms which we always tend to find in hotels.

The staff spoke excellent english and were very courteous, the safe in our room - which was free and an added bonus - locked out one day and the staff couldnt do enough to ensure that they got it open for us.

I wouldnt hesitate in stopping here again - next time we will drive and I understand we can park in the garage for 20 euros a day.

We flew Air France and picked up the bus outside CDG which dropped us outside the Gare de Lyon, the bus leaves every 15mins and 45mins to the hour. 17 euros each - one way -worked out a lot cheaper than a taxi.

We had a final meal at the Train Bleu in the Gare De Lyon - blew 200 euros but well worth it for the experience - decent wine a dozen oysters fresh grilled fish and hand made macaroons. Im sure there are better restaurants offering exquisite dishes less expensively however this was walking distance, a great ambience, and pure indulgence!

Our only fall into the tourist trap was to visit the Sacre Cour which was breathtaking at night and to be talked into having our portraits drawn by the artists in the square. We said we didnt want our pictures drawn and the artists ignored us - started chatting away in English and before we knew it the pictures we drawn. We were then charged 60 euros each (!) we said we didnt have enough cash and the artists asked the manager of the restuarant where we were eating to take our credit card payment and give them the cash. What the heck it was Christmas Eve - but be warned !!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have road noise if you want to sleep with the windows open. We opted for a top f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple