“So so experience”

Ranked #483 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
San Francisco, California
“So so experience”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed four nights and thought it was okay, weekend were noisy because the park near by we hear a lot of screaming via sports @ very late hours. The services was okay, weren't very helpful when I asked them about tourist information. English abilities of front desk was not very fluent. Showers always spill water out, which drives me crazy! The room is no where close to pictures on any website. I didn't even feel like taking pictures.

• Stayed July 2013
COCOUAL, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Bercy, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Sir,

Your stay in my hotel did not meet your expectations and you have highlighted certain issues regarding the services that we provided.

Please allow me to say how sorry I am that we did not meet your expectations.
I consider such matters to be extremely important, your comments have therefore been shared with my team and together we are working on solving these issues so that our service will no longer disappoint in this area.

I do hope that, despite these issues, we will be able to welcome you again as a client of Novotel.

Yours sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while in France on holiday, it was the second of our two hotels during the trip but it definitely was the best one, none of us can speak French very well but the staff were very helpful giving us advise on attractions to see and nice places to eat. The rooms were lovely and the hotel facilities were excellent The only bad thing was some of the breakfast staff were a little rude and did not wish to help as they "were busy" but overall I will definitely stay here again the location was prefect with easy access to public transport. Our room was overlooking the concert/sport venue thing and at nights there were a lot of kids mucking around who were very loud but it did not keep us awake .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
COCOUAL, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Bercy, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Mrs Megan L.,

Thank you very much to take the time to write a comment regarding your stay in my hotel in Paris.
I'll share your positive feedback with my team so they can be aware that their work meet your expectations.
As you mentioned above the Novotel Bercy is ideally located just 1 min away from the metro 14 which is the fastest metro line in Paris so you can reach every part of Paris very easily.

Due to the number of guests we welcome during summer time, indeed, the breaskfast room can sometine be very busy althought the breakfast time is extended until 10.00am.

I'm looking forward to seeing you soon at the hotel.

Best regards,
Chateaugiron, France
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed there beg of July-13 for a business trip in Paris. I chose the place since it was very close to my meeting place (French MoF). This surely explains the high room cost, compare to other experiences I had at Novotel in Paris. The room was OK, my only concern though, was that while minibar was inclusive, it had not been checked prior to arrival, and water bottles had been used by the prior guest... quite a bad surprise.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quiet room, ask one NOT facing the Bercy show place. People tend to stay th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michel G
COCOUAL, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Bercy, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear M. Michel G.

Thank you very for taking the time to review your stay at the Novotel Paris Bercy.

I will share your comments with my team so that they become aware of the importance of service that we have to bring our customers.

We do sincerely apologize for this unusal lack of rigor in the supply of minibar and I hope that this unfortunate event will not compromise your confident in our hotel.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again as a client of Novotel.

Yours sincerely,

Annick Cocoual
Cairo
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had to stay in Paris for 2 weeks for a sports event held in Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy and this Novotel was the perfect place to stay with walking distance to the venue.
On the other hand it`s location was very good regarding the restaurants all over the place beside,and with a 10 min walk through the Parc de Bercy you can reach one of the nicest places in this area "Bercy Village" having more and more fine restaurants there.
For the hotel it self,the staff was very friendly specially with our long stay there.the rooms were clean but still the price was not that cheap..

Room Tip: The higher floor the better view specially to the Park side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I visited Paris for the first time in April and stayed in this hotel which looked attractive in both quality and price. It matched and exceeded in being modern, good quality rooms, clean and having welcoming friendly staff. The breakfast buffet offered by the hotel is also good with a nice variety of choice. It's very easy to get around from here as the metro, gare de Lyon and the seine are close by with plenty of good restaurants around in bercy village.

Room Tip: If you're a non smoker like me make sure you ask for a non smoking room, even though there is no...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank D777td
COCOUAL, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Bercy, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Mrs,

Thank you to share your feedback.

I very appreciate you positive comment regarding your stay at the Novotel Paris Bercy.
My team remains at your disposal and is always doing its very best to meet your expectations.
Positive feedback from our customers are our best reward.

I hope to see you again at the Novotel Paris Bercy

Best Regards,
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a much better hotel with very helpful staff .....with reference to the ghastly Ibis next door. The rooms are lovely ...tea and coffee making facilities and a large wifi mac station.

The restaurant and bar were pleasant.

Would recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kirstyskennelmate100
COCOUAL, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Bercy, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Mrs,

thank you to share your feedback.
I am very glad you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Paris Bercy.
As you mentioned, each guest will find in its room a set with tea and coffee. It is also possible to have a snack or a drink at our bar, wich is opened from 6:30 am until 12:00 pm. Moreover if you want to taste French Food I suggest you come to our restaurant, Novotel Café. You will find there seasonal French food as well as international dishes.

I hope to see you soon at our hotel.

Best Regards,