“I would go back :)”

Novotel Paris Centre Bercy
Ranked #460 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family and I stayed here last week during a trip to Paris. We've stayed in Paris many times but this time, we decided to stay here. Bercy and this hotel, is as it says, around '15 mins' on the metro from lets say, notre dame area. Just jump on the Metro 14 line and head towards Saint-Lazare, getting off a Chatelet and then getting the metro to Cite (then your in notre dame).

The hotel itself, was very clean, staff efficient and the rooms very nice (small but this is normal for Paris). My only niggle was breakfast and the timing. Breakfast was to a good standard but during the week, breakfast finishes at 09:30 and when I mean finishes at 09:30, everything is cleared down and gone at 09:30.. Clearly, a business hotel but travelling and staying at this hotel with families, not ideal. That said, I would stay again if we decided to stay in the area again.

1  Thank James W
COCOUAL, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Bercy, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear James W,

thank you very much to take the time to write a comment regarding your stay in my hotel in Paris.
I'll share your positive feedback with my team so they can be aware that their work meet your expectations. As you mentioned above the Novotel Bercy is ideally located just 1 min away from the metro 14 which is the fastest metro line in Paris so you can reach every part of Paris very easily.
As far as the breakfast is concerned it is true that during week days it finish at 9:30 AM and at 11:00 AM during the weekend.

I hope to see you again at the Novotel Paris Bercy.

Best Regards,

Annick COCOUAL

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was robbed off from within the hotel premise of most of my foreign currencies and quite a number of precious, to our sentiments, items like the most favourite pairs of sunglasses of my 7 year old daughter or the purse itself of my wife which was bought just recently before coming for the trip, very important medicines which you tend to keep handy while on a trip. And to top it, the pre booked day trip of paris with eiffel tower and river cruise was also missed as for the major portion of the day we were busy in police stationlodging complaint.

I had booked myself a room for myself and family for 3 nights at the Novotel Paris Bercy, starting from the 17th of May this year. On the 19th morning while were having breakfast in the restaurant of the hotel (which is not just by the entrance but you need to get in some distance to be there & hence you can perceive of it being a decently safe place), right from the table the purse was stolen. At that very moment, there were barely 3 tables which were full while the rest of the restaurant was quite empty as it was pretty early in the morning, around 7.45 am and the rush starts from 9. There were another 2 of the hotel staffs as well.

My utter surprise was that the hotel staff and the retaurant incharge were out if the blues saying that they did not see any body moving away with the purse which is quite surprising as it was not at all crowded. The more harrowing was, on repeated request to show me the cctv capture, they said that the restaurant do not have a cctv. The entrance has one but they cannot show the same to me without the manager's permission who stayed on leave happily through out the entire 3 days of our stayand hence we could not see it finally.

Another extremely disturbing was that they kept on saying that I can claim on insurance and get the money back. Also, on the day of my return, which was the next day of the theft, the restaurant incharge mentioned that this was not the first time such an incident was happening. Then why were we not cautioned prior? ? we had been extremely careful through out the trip outside and fortunately I found Parisiens to be very corteous and did not feel like tagging a single incident, though extremely harrowing, to make a final statement on Paris in general. But how can one remian clinged to ones belongings even within the hotel? And an incident like this leaves an extremely bad taste which you cannit overlook by an insurance. Secondly, insurance has huge amount of exclusions and we cannot get back entire. I am saying this with significant knowledge as I am from financial services industry and work in a decently senior position to comment on this with fairly above average knowledge. Thirdly, what about the precious items of sentiments.....and for this particular incident, we spent almost half of the day at police station lodging complaint when we had a prior booked cit tour with eiffel tower and river cruise. As we could not arrive on time to the reporting place, we lost the entire excursion as well without a single penny return.

I come from India. World over and in my country, too, ther are thieves and miscreants. But I can ensure that if one choses a decent hotel, you should not be facing such untoward events.

I am probably being able to segregate an event from the general expreience of the city but one thing is for sure which most people will do is that they will generally feel that Paris is not a good city to visit which my 7 year old daughter mentioned saying that she will never come back to Paris ever. Here I can say that she has been to quite a number of countries and at prsent I am posting this review from Switzerland.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kaushik76

Dear Sir,

your stay in my hotel clearly did not meet your expectations and you have highlighted certain issues regarding the services that we provided.

Please allow me to say how sorry I am that we did not meet your expectations.
I consider such matters to be extremely important, your comments have therefore been shared with my team and together we are working on solving these issues so that our service will no longer disappoint in this area.

I do hope that, despite these issues, we will be able to welcome you again as a client of Novotel.

Yours sincerely,

Annick Cocoual

Directrice / General Manager

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed at Novotel Paris Bercy last September. We booked wrongly booked the room for 2 people while actually we stayed with 3 people in a room. The reception was so kind to upgrade us to the room with sofa as extra bed. We were very grateful for that.

1. Location wise, it has very good access. It is only 3 minute walk from the nearest train station (Gare de Lyon). The hotel surrounded by many shops, restaurants and cafes. Frankly, we did not get the chance to grab breakfast at the hotel because of the price, we bought sandwiches at the cafe next door. There is also a small groceries store nearby.

2. The room is clean but very small for three people. The quality of the bed is good, we had no trouble sleeping. The bathroom is very small as well. The price was very expensive of us but we realize that almost all of the hotel in Paris are that expensive. So no complain here.

3. The staff was super friendly. The woman in the reception kindly show me the tourist map and show us where the attraction are. She also tell us the station where we needed to stop to get a much better view of the Paris Eiffel Tower.

4. WiFi is fast and stable.

Room Tip: Ask the reception which metro station to stop at where we can get the better view of the Eiffel Towe...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed over for a weekend break. Location is great if traveling by train (Gare de Lyon). Quick and easy access to metro and to city center. Service was not personal. Breakfast was decent. Had an issue with room cleanliness and reported it the 1st morning. It was not attended to. At check put, the hotel management did respond and compensate. This could of been avoided!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My 5yo daughter, husband and I stayed here for one night in early May. It is very close to Gare de Lyon, which was why I booked it, as we had just come off a train from Avignon and wanted to be able to settle in quickly. The hotel is right off the Parc de Bercy which is LOVELY and amazing for strolling about. It is also one of the few hotels I found that accommodated families well; my daughter had a sleeper sofa to herself, and there was a bathtub that she used as well (most hotels seemed to have showers only). I would recommend walking all the way through the park to the Cour Saint-Émilion metro station and visit Bercy Village for dinner.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Value for money hotel, with good & correct service. Location is o.k.and nice near the parc Bercy, were on a sunny day you even can have a walk and a drink. Reception staff gives you a warm wellcome and their service is very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Dutchy855
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The hotel was very well situated with a good access to the town (close from the tube line). When we arrived to the hotel, we didn't have a nice welcoming: it seems that the receptionist was annoyed and not smiley at all (paradoxal for a group who has a slogan saying : "Your smile has a future"...) Our room was not ready and we had to wait more than one hour at the bar.
The room was clean but because we were three people, one of us had to sleep on a sofa transformed into a bed. The breakfast was good but it was very busy, the waiters were over-whelmed but nicer than at the reception. We stayed during one bank holiday in France so we wanted to do some shopping and we asked at the reception if the shops were opened at La Défense which the person didn't have any clue and she even didn't propose us to get information. In general the experience was not too bad but it will be good to explain to the employees that a smile can make a big difference...

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family