“mediocre”

Novotel Paris Centre Bercy
Ranked #391 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel is very close to the train station. There are also restaurants nearby. That's all to praise. Others are so so. The lobby is tiny. The room is not spacious. We thought breakfast was included in the package and had breakfast in the hotel everyday. However the variety of food wasn't that great and a bit over-priced. No swimming pool or gym to go to. Pretty basic in facility and service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Write a ReviewReviews (1,472)

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed 4nights with family in April. 2adults 2children in a what I guess was a standard room, Room quite small with couch turned into bed but this didn't bother us since we only spent time there when sleeping!

Great breakfast. Our son is gluten intolerant and the hotel had cereals and a baguette for him the first morning (we didn't think it was a point pre ordering since we assumed they wouldn't have anything, how wrong we were!). The morning after the staff had been out shopping for more gluten free food without us asking for it, that's what I call great service!!

Location near Bercy Metro i great. Small shop with drinks etc just 100m away. A couple of restaurants really near, ate at Hippopotomus outside the hotel, good food and kids friendly.

The park behind the hotel was nice to stroll around in, lots of flowers when we visited in April.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have stayed in multiple Novotel hotels and this has been one of the not as good ones. The room I slept in was quite noisy and of mediocre sleep quality. The rooms are functional and clean. The hotel has free WiFi and very good breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I only spent one night at the Novotel Paris Bercy and really enjoyed the quietness. I often had concerns with horrible sound isolation in Parisian hotels (as per other reviews) but this one was almost perfect. Although I was facing the street, I didn't hear more than a couple of cars driving by during my stay, and not a single sound from the corridor (it is carpeted) or the other rooms.

The room itself was pretty big, with all the amenities you can expect from a good hotel (fridge, safe, free wifi, coffee maker, etc ...), the only diasppointing part was the TV, really small and a bit blurry.
There is also a large (for a hotel room) sofa, a bath + a shower and the good part is, you can watch TV while relaxing in the bath as the double door of the bathroom almost faces the TV.
The shower is a bit narrow but is still functional.
Nothing to say about the bed except that it was comfortable.

The only minuses are the lack of garbage bin in the toilet and some yellowy spots besides the shower head of the tub. Apart from that the room was super clean.
The sink, although looking nice, isn't practical and the water (from the sink only) is pretty cold.

I would also add that I didn't have much interaction with the crew but check-in and out were done in a couple of minutes, and the employees were nice.

As a former Parisian, I find the location really good, near the metro line 14 (automatic and running pretty late compare to other ones), close to some nice restaurants or Bistro and Bercy Village.

I didn't try their breakfast but unless you want to stuff yourself for the day or want to eat in your room, 16€ is pricey as you can find cheap places to have a decent/good breakfast in tons of places just a few minutes walk from the hotel.

All-in-all I would definitely recommend this hotel if it fits your budget.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Mosespa
COCOUAL, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Bercy, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a comment on Tripadvisor.
We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Paris Bercy. I am glad you enjoyed all the facilities and amenties the hotel provide.
Nevertheless, I am sorry that you were disappointed with the Tv. I have shared your comments with the team, so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and inform you as well as possible.

I look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel Paris Bercy.

Best Regards,

Annick Cocoual, General Manager.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have always had a good stay. Most recently we stayed at the Bercy Novotel because we were going to a concert at the POPB, which is virtually on its doorstep. The room was well appointed and we were even given our own Nespresso machine, and also very functional. The breakfast is slightly pricey but the buffet is of good quality with a lot of choice.

Locationwise you cant beat this hotel if you are going to the POPB for a show. But even if you want to use it for touristy stays it is conveniently located on Metro Line 14, which takes you straight to the centre in 5 minutes in the most modern of all of Paris' tube lines.

We stayed there many times and will definitely come back as and when the need arises.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I generally hate it when people write bad reviews so feel bad having to do so. We had an awful room that had stains all over, was poorly cleaned (hairs around the sink) and smelt feintly of vomit. Not enough to notice immediately but certainly enough if you are staying there.. By then you are settled!! There were stains on the valance and walls in room 427. Truly awful experience. It was also incredibly noisy as its located opposite a row of bars open late so sleep was poor.

To top it off, they didn't service the room on the night we stayed there (18/19 Jan).

Won't be coming back here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EarthExplorer000
COCOUAL, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Centre Bercy, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing the problems you experieced during your stay in my hotel.

I see that the time you spent in my hotel clearly did not meet your expectations and you have highlighted certain issues regarding the services that we provided.

Firstly, please allow me to say how sorry I am that we did not meet your expectations.
I consider such matters to be extremely important, your comments have therefore been shared with my team and together we are working on solving these issues so that our service will no longer disappoint in this area.

Yours sincerely,

Annick Cocoual
Directrice / General Manager

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very clean hotel with friendly and helpful staff at front desk and during breakfast. Room is small but alright to Paris Standards. Very covenient for public transportation. The only negative is the noise in the evening coming from outside. I assume that in summer it is noisier.

Room Tip: Avoid facing Bercy Stadium for the noise.