“Nice, Clean and great for Paris”

Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon
Ranked #446 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Regular visitors to Paris will know that there are a lot of bad hotels in Paris, but I can safely say that this is one of the better ones.

I had advised the staff via email before my stay that I will be arriving earlier 2pm check in. Check in times in Paris seem to be enforced just of the sake of it but after I advised that I had emailed them the staff gave me a room...I had come of a night flight and really wanted to rest. The check in staff were more efficient than say nice.

The Rooms were compact modern and clean. I had a bath and a fridge. The hotel had a pool and a gym which is pretty rare for Paris. Breakfast was also pretty good.

I mean generally when you stay at a Novotel you know what you are going to get, however from my many experiences standards always seem to be a bit lower in France. I can however vouch for this one and say that it is one of the better Novotel properties in the city.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank superpang
J-JBruyand, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay in my hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the services and I do thank you for those comments.
I have passed on your remarks to my teams and I can assure you that the whole staff is involved to welcome our guests as efficiently as warmly.
We all hope to welcome you again at Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon.
Yours sincerely,
Jean-Jacques Bruyand, Manager

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed just one night in September of 2012 en-route to our holiday in Annecy, in south-eastern France and had an excellent night there. Just wish we had stayed longer and would definitely return. Hotel was clean, modern, efficient and had room service 24/7 - we arrived on Saturday evening obviously looking tired and worn and were upgraded to a suite without even having to ask. The restaurant was open to midnight and we had a lovely light meal with a bottle of well chilled Chablis and the costs were very good considering where we were. Paris can be a tad expensive to eat out unless you eat where the locals eat but the Novotel are very reasonably priced. They have a spa and swimming pool but we did not get to use either as we were leaving early next morning.

Room Tip: The higher floors give a commanding view over Paris - and if you can get a room or suite at the fron...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anthony_Mangnall
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I already wrote a detailed review about this great Novotel on 18 March 2012. But after staying again in this Hotel along with my wife and 2 kids in February 2013 (Reservation number: H0J-0CYM), I just want to say that this magnificent Hotel keeps on getting better and better in terms of exceptional customer service, especially the upgrade to the 5th floor, which we have highly appreciated!

I truly want to thank all the marvelous team at Novotel Gare De Lyon, who truly went beyond our expectations to make our stay as memorable and as enjoyable as possible!

We will never even think of staying somewhere else when we are in Paris and it is due to our wonderful experience at Novotel Gare de Lyon, that we have now become loyal clients to the Novotel chain of Hotels!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NACH112
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've stayed here several times and always enjoyed the area. It is within on the door step of Gare de Lyon literally and there are many good restaurants and bistros (bouchons in the local parlance) close by, especially the well known Le Train Bleu.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Location was great. Next to the train station. Room size was comfortable but bathroom is 'Japanese hotel' style-not spacious but clean and ok comfortable.
Swimming pool was a big plus. The free computers and printers in the lobby were handy. But sometimes could be long waiting for use.
It maintained good value of Novotel. Bed was comfortable and the staff speak good level of English, friendly to assist the guests!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Nice to have a swimming pool after touring Paris. Could be packed w/ kids sometimes. Central location with supermarkets nearby. Metro close by. There's a big open space (park) in front and looks like a residential area to me.

The room is not big. The bathroom is fairly small. It's has installed tailored plastic basin & bathtub so to make the best use of the space, so it's functional. On the other hand, the rate is very reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Convenient location just next to the Gare de Lyon. I had a renovated executive room with free mini bar (soft drinks). Very large TV, free Wifi, comfortable bed. Nice see-through bathroom with rainbow shower.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business