“Great location”

Hotel Bac Saint-Germain
Ranked #879 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here for business, three nights in September 2013. The location was perfect, walking distance to the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, Jardin des Tuileries, and other sights. Cafes, shops, and restaurants aplenty. Yes, the room is small and no-frills but there was plenty of hot water for showering and the front desk staff were extremely nice and helpful. I also had a street side room but the noise didn't really bother me (I live in a large city so am probably just used to it). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank arthist66

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed here for five nights. It was very hot and the air conditioner didnt work. The windows open luckily. The hotel is on a very busy intersection. I had to open the windows to cool down a bit but then I couldn't sleep because of the traffic noise.

if staying I'd recommend asking for a room facing away from the street or else one on the top floor (I was on the second). i found one of the staff members friendly and accommodating.

It is close to the Musee d'Orsay, the Seine and the Louvre. It is quite a long walk to the Eiffel Tower but there is a bus that takes you there. The bus service is good and the metro is just across the road. The neighbourhood was interesting, safe and nice for walks. I was travelling on my own and never felt unsafe.

Because I couldnt sleep, because of the sullenness of the staff and because the place needed a basic sprucing and cleaning up I wouldn'd stay there again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank rosrigby
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a small impersonal hotel located at a busy crossroads in the fancy Parisian Latin Quarter.
Rue du Bac is a busy small street with nice boutiques and several cafés and brasseries.
The street leads you to the river Seine and by crossing it you are at the Louvre Museum etc. etc.
The hotel is small with four tiny rooms on each floor. Access to the floors is via a narrow spiral staircase or a truly minuscule lift that just about fits one guest and a suitcase. The rooms are relatively clean but (excuse the slang phrase) "there is not enough room to swing a cat". There is not a rack where to place your luggage and if there are two people staying in the room (that was our case) the two suitcases on the floor leave very little space to move about in the room. The hotel mainly offers a reasonably priced basic accommodation to visitors who spend most of their time outside walking the streets of the ever so exciting city of Paris.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pervanet
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We spent 4 nights here in the last week of August 2013, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had rooms on the 5th floor, one at the front and one at the back - both clean, bright and quiet. Bathrooms small but perfectly acceptable. Some of the beds were very soft - might suit some but might not suit others. There is a patio area on the reception floor, and a delightful dining terrace on the top floor where we had a fine breakfast one day. You don't mind waiting a few extra minutes for your orange juice when the pleasant waitress explains that she just has to get a few more oranges to squeeze - no cartons of processed juice here!

Location is excellent. Plenty of dining locations nearby for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a short time to watch the world go by. Easy walking distance to Musée d'Orsay, Rodin Museum, Louvre and river. Stroll a little longer along the quays to the Eiffel Tower. The other direction, a lovely stroll along Boulevard St Germain, passing the wonderful shops to lovely places like Les Deux Magots and onwards to St Michel.

If you don't want to walk, or have tired feet, the Metro is across the street, and the line will bring you straight to locations like Pigalle and the base of Montmartre. Alternatively, just go a few stops along the line to Concorde and the range of options is staggering.

Staff were, without exception, friendly and helpful. We arrived early, before check-in time, and we checked out with nearly a whole day before our flight was due - on both occasions we were able to leave our luggage while we made the most of our time in the city.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and the St. Germain location could not be beat. It is right by several restaurants and grocery store. The hotel is small yet clean and the staff was very helpful in checking us in and setting up a taxi for an early morning departure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Valerie O
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Bac for three nights in a shared room, from May 15 to 18, 2013. Before departure, I made a booking at reception to stay for a further one night on July 19, 2013, my last night in Eurpoe.
On July 16 I phoned the hotel to cancel my booking, as I decided to stay closer to the airport, for an early departure to Australia on July 20. As I was known to the receptionist, I thought it unnecessary to ask for written confirmation.
Last week I received my card statement, being charged 190 euros ($225 AUS) for a room that I did not occupy on July 19!!!
I request that his charge be reversed.
I am sure my many friends on Facebook will help to spread the word re this shoddy practice.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This Hotel is simple in it's decor, and rooms are small, but very clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful.. It is within walking distance to restaurants and shops.. Would not hesistate to stay here again..

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business