1,244 results
All reviews place vendome rue de la paix duke's bar signature room great location opera metro upgraded to a suite the ritz modern amenities bottle of champagne room was large beautiful hotel wonderful stay an upgrade reception desk central location around the corner
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Checked in 12 noon and they gave me the room 3pm. Room is super tiny, we kno Paris hotels room are small, but for 4 stars and 250+ euro it’s a ripoff!! The room didn’t have a coffee machine and when I talked to the receptionist (has this fake friendly smile) she informed me I can upgrade to suite where they have coffee machine. That’s not good. You get coffee machine in 2 stars hotel and way cheaper hotels. Room was very very very noisy, all night long noise of a bar down the street, when I say noisy I meant extremely noisy in the night. Will never recommend it to anyone.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
1  Thank Sightsee738738
WestGuestRelation, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Sightsee738738

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about your experience at the Hotel Westminster.
We believe in constant improvement and we appreciate all comments in order to try to offer a better service.
We greatly regret that your experience with us did not meet your expectations.

I am surprised by your comments regarding the service offered, since it is an aspect to which we pay attention and special care. We understand that you arrived at noon, and rest assured we always try our utmost to provide guest room ready as early as possible. We would like to bring to your attention that our policy is check-out time is at 12am and check-in is guarranted at 3pm. We are sure that you understand that during peak season, such as Fashion Week, we cannot guarantee early check-in.

Also, it is true that only our Signature Suites category have a Nespresso machine. However, you were offered a complimentary coffee and tea tray when we spoke together, that you declined.

I would like to inform you that Hotel Westminster proposes several spacious room categories, some of which have views over the courtyard. For example, an executive room is about 30m². We also propose suites from 40m² to 60m² for the largest.

May you wish to give us a second opportunity, we will be glad to host you and to take real good care of your stay

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel Westminster Paris engages in an online fraud. You will not receive a room that you saw online you will be told they are fully booked and they will show you to the room the size of 12 sq meters (see picture) with a dirty, tiny bathroom (see picture). Rotten carpet (see picture), moldy tiles (see picture). You will be charged premium price for this old tiny room. Be prepared to be defrauded as the management will tell you that you book that exact room. If you protest the obsurdity of theri statements they will insist that old, dirty room half the size of advertised on their website is exactly the same room and exactly the same price. Their answer to you will be this room is also Deluxe. Just look at the pictures that is what you get for 350Eur per night at Hotel Westminster. No apologies, no price adjustment, just deception and lies from the management.

Room tip: You will not receive the same room as advertised on hotel website. The management runs this hotel as online scam.
2  Thank Lora D
WestminsterGM, Directeur général at Hotel Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear Lora D,

Hotel Westminster is very concerned about guest satisfaction and always respects reservations terms and conditions.

You have booked a Deluxe room and have been accommodated in this category.

This information could be easily verified in each room on the front door.

The room size, including bedroom and bathroom, is one of the criterias to obtain the stars certification and I can assure you that no room in the property is 12 square meters.

Hotel Westminster is built in an Parisian historical building. Therefore, some rooms from the same category may have few differences.

Futhermore, you never complained to the front desk upon arrival.

You sent a guest satifaction form by email, the next day, to our reservation department handled immediately.

The guest relation try to contact you by phone without success and also left a written message in your room asking to contact us back.

We could move you to another room more suitable to your expectations but you never came back to us untill your departure day.

The Hotel management also called you after check out to better understand your unsatisfaction and offered you a complimentary night for a next stay but you declined it.

We remain at your disposal if you wish to reconsider it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been to the Westminster hotel for a business trip. First of all I had a blood stain on my towel as well as a big stain of coffee by the wall near my bed.
The window was locked,so no fresh air, I have asked the reception to unlock it for me, but when I returned in my room, no one done it because THEY FORGOT...
Overall my staying was very unpleasant and I would never want to go back again.

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank Giarly
WestminsterGM, Directeur général at Hotel Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear M. Giarletta,

We are very surprised to read your comment more than 1 year after your stay.

I would like to share the information with TripAdvisor members that you posted this review only because we refused your complimentary night voucher expired since 10 months.

Nevertheless, we offered you a discounted rate for a standard room with a secured upgrade in Suite but you declined it.

I am sorry that our offer did not match your expectations.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The room is very small and dark with 1 socket that is unsafe. No window, only door to the small balcony shared by several rooms, so you can’t sleep with open door to the balcony and therefor no fresh air. You even can not sleep with open curtains, because there are windows on other side building. No coffee/tea set. And you pay 305 euro for night for such “amazing” facilities. If I knew that they have so awful conditions, I never stay here.
At present looking for hotels nearby. Photos attached. Unfortunately I can not attach the smell.

2  Thank Khurliman

Dear Khurliman,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Guests's feedbacks are very important for us in order to improve our high quality of service level as guest's satisfaction remains our main priority.

First of all, we do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that occured regarding the close proximity of the street configuration.
We are a city center hotel surrounded by other buildings, which characterizes the charm of Paris.
The architects of Paris forbid any modification of the facades of historic buildings, it is more a step forward than a real balcony. May we bring to your attention that all our rooms are equipped with sound proof windows.

We are very surprised about your unsatisfaction since we managed to move you into a renovated Signature room, as soon as we got the information.

Despite all our efforts we are sorry not to have reached your expectations

Should you consider to come back at the Westminster , we would be pleased to welcome you back.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked myself in to this hotel through Hotels.com phone app. Without my consent and prior to my arrival Hotel Westminster disclosed my personal information and full details of my reservation by email to a man that has previously threatened me with sabotage of my business unless I arrange a hotel booking through him.
The man’s name is Alberto [--].
This hotel chain states in its privacy policy it may disclose their guests personal information to a wide range of third parties. Their behaviour is highly inappropriate as they are violating their guests privacy. It is unusual for a hotel chain not to have a more restrictive privacy policy.
My name is Mirjam Rouden and my email is mirjamrouden@gmail.com.
Documentary evidence of the truthfulness of my statement here is available on request.

2  Thank Mirjamrouden
WestminsterGM, Directeur général at Hotel Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Mrs Rouden,

Greetings from Paris.

This is important to clarify your review to inform Tripadvisor members about this situation.

You have booked a room through Hotel.com in order to set up a public showroom in our property without any agreement from us.

I would like to inform you that rooms can be used only for accommodation and absolutely not for business purposes.

For such case, you have to contact the hotel in order to sign a contract according to french regulations.

Furthermore, be assured that Hotel Westminster is carefully respecting European GDPR norms to protect guests information and privacy.