“lovely”

Ranked #220 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
San Diego, California
“lovely”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was delighted with my stay at Hotel Westminster. Room 338 was lovely and spacious. Breakfast was excellent and this hotel's location is highly convenient and desirable. Friendly and helpful staff . I'm so looking forward to my next visit in Paris and staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Emmanuel T, Directeur général at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving a review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

It is a delight to read that you experienced the hotel and the location to be superb and our ambassadors as friendly, helpful and professional.

Our ambassadors wish to have the chance to welcome you back to our hotel.

Emmanuel Traoré

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Copenhagen
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I'm giving the hotel a 4 star despite the title of my review for the below reasons.

I stayed at the westminster for a week with husband and toddler. As mentioned in other reviews, the location is great, nice for shopping for expensive jewelry and walking distance to les champs elysees (if you are in shape), galeries lafayette and printemps.

I experienced great service from the staff and when i asked to change room because of a musty smell in my room, a nice young man worked some magic with a smile and a great attitude. Yes the hotel is obviously dated but it was clean and i can certainly recommend it and will consider going back. I have stayed in much fancier hotels but this place made me feel comfortable with a nice easy feel.

In addition to the above, upon departure I forgot my child's coat in the closet. I called and requested that they send it to me, they found it and agreed but after a while they couldn't locate it and so they offered to replace it. I was a bit annoyed but as mentioned above the level of service was spot on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GammelMont
Emmanuel T, Directeur général at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, February 10, 2014

Such a fantastic review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor!

We are indeed conveniently located for all our guests. Luxurious shopping areas, beautiful museums are all within walking distance.

Your kind words give us great joy. Our ambassadors take great pride in providing excellent service and I have shared your nice comment with all of them.

It would be wonderful for our ambassadors to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Great position but the rest didn't live up to expectations.
It's expensive (with a massive single room supplement) and I have stayed in many cheaper but much nicer hotels with better facilities.
The room I had was very tired and dated in decor and it was very small- just enough room to walk around the bed! The bathroom although clean was again tiny and very dated in its fixtures and fittings- no luxury here unfortunately.
The room was also VERY noisy- you could hear the ancient lift working, people walking around overhead and talking and banging from the room next door.
Check in was very slow and disorganised- we waited for ages at an empty reception desk before someone came to assist us and then the receptionist didn't seem to know what she was doing and rudely kept ignoring us to answer phone calls- not what you expect in a top rate hotel!
Sadly very disappointed- not worth the expensive price tag

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Emmanuel T, Directeur général at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the hotel Westminster and for taking time to provide us your feedback regarding your stay.

I wish to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with your room and the service but please rest assured we have shared your feedbacks with our team.

We appreciate your feedback, which will help us to improve our quality of service.

I would like to let you know that we are now working on our hotel enhancement project so you may rest assured that the problem concerning this point will be taken care of.

Once again, I would like to apologize for all the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay, I hope that you will accept to give us another chance to change your perception of our property.

Yours sincerely,

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Took my wife here for our first wedding anniversary.

They allowed us to check-in early at no extra charge. All staff we encountered were friendly and spoke excellent English (allowing me to be able to keep my questionable GCSE French to myself)

The room we had was on the small side, however I am not so naive to think that you would get a suite in the centre of Paris for the price paid (£180 per night I seem to remember). The room was very clean, comfortable bed, and English TV for when we wanted to flop down at the end of a day. The only reason this place does not get an excellent rating is due to the extortionate price for drinks. A can of Fanta was 10 Euros and a bottle of Corona was 13 Euros - it made us feel a bit cheap when we had to scuttle through reception hiding bottled water and some wine from the supermarket!

Having said that, perhaps we need to be a bit better off before staying at a hotel like this, because it does not pretend to be cheap and cheerful - a beautiful building, great staff and on the whole a wonderful stay - thanks Hotel Westminster!

Room Tip: Do ask staff for help on restaurant recommendations and taxis - they were very helpful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HereAndThere1982
Emmanuel T, Directeur général at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to make your observations regarding your most recent stay at The Westminster Paris.

Your constructive feedback regarding your experiences is much appreciated. As your feedback is considered as a valuable tool to ensure consistency in our usually high level service, we have shared your feedback with our ambassadors.

Yours sincerely,

Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Very chic, totally in classical "Belle Époque" style, confortable. We had a very special treatment from the employees that made us feel important in a city so crowded that you usually feel like just one more in the crowd.
Breakfast is not included in the price for the night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We spent 3 nights in this beautoful property during our Paris trip.
First of all, you have to know that this hotel offer best location for every type of trip within Paris - close to the shopping malls, cafes, restaurants, historical sites.
Negatives: as someone wrote before me, slow check-in, not ready room - it is true. I have to say, staff is the weakness of this hotel. Front Office - work without system, under pressure, no smile, sometimes you feel very uncomfortable. Restaurant staff - we ordered breakfast only, very avarege and limited choice for 30 EUR/person and day, but the biggest problem - staff: no smile, remoteness.
Positives: location, location, location. Room quality, hotel cosmetics and cleanliness very good.
I can truly reccomend this property to all travellers, try to check for special packages, to pay more than 200 EUR/night is waste of Money (we payed more than 800 for 3 nights).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ian F
Emmanuel T, Directeur général at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving a review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

I would like to express my true disappointment for the experiences you had with the service. This is not according to our usual high standard of service we offer to our guests. On behalf of all Westminster Ambassadors, I would like to apologize for these discomforts.

We hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in Paris.

Oak Park
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We spent Christmas at the hotel after a flight from Chicago. Surprisingly, our room was ready at 10:00 am! The staff was most helpful, especially House Manager Belen. She was cheerful and delighted to see us. It was most heartwarming, especially since we were dog-tired.
Hint, hint....try out your French..."Bonjour", "Ca va", and "Merci beaucoup" are the best way to introduce yourself. Remember, you are not in Kansas anymore.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Zosia-7
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, January 20, 2014

Such a fantastic review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor!

Our ambassadors are truly passionate about their profession, they bring the hotel to life, a ray of sunshine to everyday life and place their considerable talents at the service of our guests.
On behalf of all ambassadors we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.