“Our second visit”
Review of Hotel Westminster

Hotel Westminster
Ranked #245 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our second visit to the hotel this year
We were treated royally by all the staff-the reception and concierge desks
Have exceptional people
Our room was more than comfortable,clean, and quiet
Once again the location cannot be beat
The general manager, mr.toare, was very attentive to every need -
We cannot wait to return again
Susan L

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was wonderful to have the pleasure to welcoming you back at The Hotel Westminster Paris and thank you for taking the time again to leave a review here on TripAdvisor.

We highly appreciate our loyal guests and it delights me that our ambassadors took great care of you during your Stay.

Your kind words give us great joy. Our ambassadors take great pride in providing excellent service and I have shared your nice comment with all of them.

We are privileged with your intention to stay with us next year and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Emmanuel Traoré

Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My colleage and I arrived at 830 am. We requested an early check-in but we were told the room was not ready. Whether it was not yet fixed or it was occupied I couldn't say.

So we requested to use the gym/spa to shower before going to our meeting at noon. At first they gave us 1 key card. I asked why we can't have two - 1 for each of us. Yes we are colleagues travelling together but we are not a couple. The answer was something to the effect that they do not usually let the gym/spa used so 1 key card should be enough. [--]. Anyway I guess they saw our incredulity and gave us another card. So I went ahead while my colleague was checking in. Guess what, my key card doesn't work and neither does my colleagues. Luckily someone was coming out and held the door open for us.

Anyway, they held on to our suitcases and when we came back at 11pm they had already delivered it to our rooms. That's was nice and very convenient after a tiring day.

The room was decent and acceptable. You are located in a traditional, parisian old building. You do have modern amenities such as a flat screen tv, mini bar, dryer. The bathroom is huge although I never liked the tub where you need to take a shower but the glass only covers half the tub. result? water outside the tub.

Breakfast was ordinary. It opens only at 7am. I guess if you are a tourist that's fine. But if you are there on business you may need it to be a little bit earlier.

Check out is at 12 but I checked out as I couldn't come back to my meeting. They held it until I picked it up in the evening and no issues there.

Overall decent price-quality ratio at Eur 269 incl bfast

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the hotel Westminster and for taking time to provide us your feedback regarding your stay.

I wish to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the fitness but please rest assured we have shared your feedbacks with our team.

We appreciate your feedback, which will help us to improve our quality of service.

Once again, I would like to apologize for all the conveniences that you encountered during your stay, I hope that you will accept to give us another chance to change your perception of our property.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Westminster for seven nights in September. The best aspect of this hotel is the location just north of Place Vendome. It was great for walking to some of the major sites in Paris like the Louvre, Champs Elysee and Arc de Triomphe and was also very convenient to the Opera Metro station and a short walk to the major department stores like Galleries Lafayette and Printemps. The hotel itself had an appealing old world charm and looked great in the photos online. However, in reality, our room was quite tired with a re-enameled bathtub that was peeling, an overly firm mattress (OK if you like it llke that), broken hinges on the writing desk and a constant musty smell as there was no ventilation in the bathroom (had to open the window to let air in). The night concierge, Gael, was one of the most enthusiastic and helpful people in the hotel, the daytime concierge almost the opposite. You have to walk up a flight of stairs to access the slow, tiny lift (which only fits two people and their suitcases at one time) via a narrow landing whilst opening a heavy, self closing door. Not the easiest thing to do with your hands full. The price you pay to stay here is really for the convenient location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to make your observations regarding your most recent stay at The Westminster Paris.
We are indeed conveniently located for all our guests. Luxurious shopping areas, beautiful museums are all within walking distance.
Your constructive feedback regarding your experiences is much appreciated. As your feedback is considered as a valuable tool to ensure consistency in our usually high level service, we have shared your feedback with our ambassadors.
I would like to let you know that we are now working on our hotel enhancement project so you may rest assured that the problem concerning this point will be taken care of.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This property was a little bit like stepping into a time long ago when majestic rooms capured the heart of Paris. Although the modern conviences of internet, tv, and simple pleasures were available, the rooms brought you back to a time of worry free beauty.

The staff was helpful and the breakfast was abundant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving a review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. It goes without saying that we really appreciate such positive feedbacks about our location, our staff, and our overall service.

Please rest assured I will share your kind words with all our ambassadors.

On behalf of all ambassadors we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Beautiful hotel but a little run down. Things look old because they are. Can’t say they were well maintained. Things were falling apart. Our toilet seat was broken the entire time we were there. My room was clean and housekeeping does a good job considering the shape my room was in. The appearances of the hotel may attract the more seasoned travelers but in my bathroom they have this half shower partition on the side of the bathtub that doesn’t do a good job stopping water from splashing onto the slippery white marble floor. But perhaps in Paris we should do Paris. This is very Paris. Everything in the hotel reminds you of where you are. Services were generally great apart from one or two staff. Breakfasts were served in a beautiful room. Hotel location was central and walking distance to many attractions. If you can scarify a little creature comfort for some genuine Paris nostalgia, this can be a beautiful experience. Many restaurants to choose from in the neighbourhood and some high end shopping as well. For the price they were charging I would expect the place to be better maintained.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at The Hotel Westminster Paris and for leaving your review here on TripAdvisor.

I would like to express my true disappointment for the experiences you had with your toilet seat. This is not according to our usual high standard of service we offer to our guests. On behalf of all Westminster Ambassadors, I would like to apologize for these discomforts.

We certainly hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you another time at The Hotel Westminster Paris .

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed at this wonderful hotel with my boyfriend for 2 nights, we had a lovely Deluxe Saint Honoure room overlooking the courtyard. It was a very quiet, spacious room with a huge bathroom. The hotel was beautifully decorated throughout and absolutely spotless. Location was excellent, very central to many major attractions. The staff were faultless, nothing was too much trouble. I would recommend this Parisian gem to everyone and I cannot wait to be a guest again!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest,

We are honoured that, for your stay, you have taken the time to leave your review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with your stay, especially with our service quality, the staff, location and the comfort in the room. Our staff strives to provide the best service and we promise to maintain and continuously improve our standards of the hotel.
We all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Paris

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was our first Paris trip, and we were so pleased to find our hotel to be beautiful with all of the modern conveniences one would hope for. Yet, it had the ambience of the old world which was just what we wanted:- lots of beautiful wood panels, marble, brass, crystal chandeliers. Our bedroom was large and lovely as was our spacious marble bathroom with double sinks, bidet, tub & shower. The toilet was in a separate private area of the room which was perfect. We really like the high ceilings and beautiful old wooden doors. Our beds were so comfortable as were our pillows. Loved the mattresses. Storage space was so generous with a double wardrobe and chest of drawers. Aside from the fabulous room, the staff of Hotel Westminster was gracious and most helpful in every way. Concierge's Jean Charles, Adele & Gae'l were always available to assist us with sightseeing, tours, dining & handling all questions in general. The doormen were always available to help with any of our needs to include opening doors, taxi service, took care of luggage upon arrival and departure. Hotel was immaculately kept, maid service was timely and thorough. The location of the hotel was perfect for dining: outside cafes, a short walk to bakery for breakfast. Also convenient for shopping and sightseeing. We will recommend this hotel to our family and friends without hesitation, and we hope to return someday.
Arthur & Ann Martin

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Martin,

Thank you for staying at The Hotel Westminster Paris and for sharing your observations here on TripAdvisor.

We are happy you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for the very positive review of our hotel.

We will share your feedback with our management and teams. Our staff is working hard to make sure every guest feels special and it is always very encouraging when our guests compliment their involvement.

On behalf of the entire team, let me thank you once again for your kind comments and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel Westminster in a near future.