“Fine hotel in great location”
Review of Hotel Westminster

Hotel Westminster
Ranked #240 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
New york
“Fine hotel in great location”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Hotel Westminster is just steps away from the legendary Place Vendome,a magnificent place in Paris.I stayed at the hotel in a junior suite which was very comfortable ,facing a interior courtyard and very quiet.The staff at the hotel are friendly ,competent and responsible.At some point in time the rooms will need some updating,but we were fine.The General manager of the hotel,Emmanuel Taore made our stay most wonderful and we will return.Andy l

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Lawrence,

What a wonderful experience you had at The Westminster! Thank you for sharing this on TripAdvisor.
It is a pleasure to read how much you have enjoyed your stay and especially the service offered by our staff.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon.

Emmanuel Traoré

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Hotel Westminster is very well located near Place Vendome and the metro, shops and restaurants in the area.

The hotel was clearly a very fancy hotel in its heydays, however it now feels quite outdated. Some people may find the rooms' decor charming but to me it was just old as well as old-fashioned. The bathroom was clean but needed modernising. Wifi internet connection in the room was slow but usable.

Service was good and breakfast in the morning was very good and had a big selection of savoury and sweet food as well as fresh fruit and coffee.

Hotels in Paris are expensive but I would not pay myself for what you get (I was travelling on business). Therefore I wouldn't recommend unless location is your main concern.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience.

We take your comments and feedbacks very seriously, and we are sorry to hear your stay did not match your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused and please rest assured we have shared your feedbacks with our team.

We certainly hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you another time.

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Having seen that this is rated as a 4-star hotel, and regarding the high price, I was expecting a luxorius and stylish hotel. It is stylish, though it is not luxorious at all.
To start with - reception. There was very friendly junior hotel staff at reception, however manager of the staff/hotel was rude when I spoke to her and refused to let me make a call to my travel agency without giving a reason. It also looked like her rudness has some nationality background, as she asked me if this call is supposed to be to Russia (which was not, as well as I am not Russian, so I have no idea why at all Russia popped up in the conversation) before refusing. The groundfloor of the hotel and reception area looks very lavish, historic, elegant, however that is it. You start to get worried when you see an old elevator, and you get disappointed when you enter the room. I was allocated a room at the top floor. It was very small, there was no corridor, so the door opens right into the bed. Biggest disappointment is the outdated bathroom. It was not shiny clean, towels were stained, and most of all bathroom was smelly! Awful smell from the pipes or from 'air exhaust' made you want to leave the bath as soon as possible. Water pressure in the shower was so poor, that it was really hard to rinse properly. It is clear that this building was not renovated for many many years. To give you a feeling what 'luxorious' in hotel Westminster understanding means: when I arrived to my room some roommaid knocked the door as said that she has a cadaeu ('it's a present' - she added in english too) for me from the hotel - and she left a bottle of tap water .... (awsome!).
In hotel Westminster what you pay for is location. Is is just next to Opera and grand boulevards, it is close to everything and you can have nice and save walks in the evening. There are also many affordable restaurants in this area.
Even if the hotel looks so posh from the street or from the photos, it is not really what it is inside. Don't expect good standard for the money.

Room Tip: do not choose a room on top floor - they are small because of the roof slope
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Aneeshka
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Hotel Westminster and for taking time to provide us your feedback regarding your recent experience with our property.

I wish to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with your room and service.I would like to let you know that we are now working on our hotel enhancement project so you may rest assured that the problem concerning this point will be taken care of.

We appreciate your feedback, which will help us to improve our quality of service.

Once again, I would like to apologize for all the conveniences that you encountered during your stay, I hope that you will accept to give us another chance to change your perception of our property.

Yours sincerely,

cleveland, ohio
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Westminster in December 2012 for 6 nights on a pleasure vacation to Paris. We were able to get a junior suite at just under €300.

The good: The location is quite nice for tourism,walkable to many attractions and in a great shopping district. It is 2 min walk to Opera metro station making it easy to get all over Paris quickly and efficiently. The room itself was larger than I had been expecting. The concierge was quite helpful in making some restaurant reservations.

Not as good: Upon our arrival to the hotel at 1pm we were told the room would not be ready until 3 pm. That part is expected. We had lunch and strolled and returned at 3:30pm to be told the room still wasn't ready. Finally at 4:45 they finally had the room ready to go. Ugh
The cleaning service was also fairly poor, leaving dirty glasses, empty wine, used coffer cups on the mantle ... repeatedly. I got to the point where I felt I had to put things outside the door myself.

Finally, and the most bothersome, the hot water took a full 5 minutes to reach our room. Probably some old plumbing, but irksome in the mornings.

Overall, this is a hotel in the neighborhood with a lot of 5-stars, trying to pretend it's a 5-star, but not really in the same league. If you can get a good deal on price here, go for it, but don't expect to be blown away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dergondarkhelm
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience.

We take your comments and feedbacks very seriously, and we are sorry to hear your stay did not match your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused and please rest assured we have shared your feedbacks with our team, to avoid any future occurrence.

We certainly hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you another time.

honolulu
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were only here one night before going on a barge cruise thru Burgandy. We found the hotel very lovely with lots of beautiful fresh flowers and gracious lobby with very helpful staff. Had requested large bed and happily found our room larger than expected and unusually large bathroom with nice amenities. Had included breakfast buffet which was excellent, very good food terrific variety, made your pot coffee or tea fresh when ordered. Would definitely stay here again pending rates....after barge cruise stayed around corner for quite bit less, but not as nice and nothing compared to their bathroom nor their breakfast! Photo submitted doesn't do justice to room, it had big closet, desk area and chandler.
Location is perfect for sightseeing or shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Emmanuel T, Directeur général at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Westminster Hotel during your recent stay in Paris and taking the time to share your comments with us.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for the very positive review of our hotel.
We will share your feedback with our management and teams. Our staff is working hard to make sure every guest feels special and it is always very encouraging when our guests compliment their involvement.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to the Westminster Hotel.

Yoknapatawpha
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel is an excellent location, close to all the main tourist sites. The service is friendly and efficient. There is also a superb restaurant on site, where we had a superlative meal at a reasonable price. But the room we were given was tiny, basically a single room with a double bed. It was so small that the bed was pushed against the wall and one of us had to step over the other to get out of bed in the morning. More information than you may need, perhaps. But be warned.

Room Tip: Ask to look at the room. Make sure you don't make the same mistake we did. If our experience is...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank QuentinYoknapatawpha
Emmanuel T, Directeur général at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments. I am extremely pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Westminster.
I will definitely share with all our staff your positive comments. Your satisfaction is an encouragement to us in the pursuit of making each stay memorable. I have well noted your comment regarding the size of your room; I would like to let you know that we are now working on our hotel enhancement project so you may rest assured that the problem concerning this point will be taken care of.
I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel Westminster.

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip - so (luckily!) cannot really comment on value, but the location is superb, just off Place Vendôme.

Rooms are clean and staff obliging - when you can get hold of them. On site gym also a plus!

Not stellar, but would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank jdingley
Emmanuel T, Directeur général at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for you very positive comment on TripAdvisor.
It is great that you enjoyed your stay and we are happy that our teams were at your disposal.
Again we are delighted to share your compliments with our teams and do hope to see you soon again.