“Absolutely magical holiday!”

Ranked #234 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Absolutely magical holiday!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I suprised my now fiancee with a 3 night stay in Paris and chose the Hotel Westminster to stay. The hotel surpased all expectations. The location was perfect, close to the Lourve and all the major tourist sites in Paris. The entrance to the hotel and the lobby will make anyones mouths drop. The chandeliers instantly give you the feeling of luxury which the hotel is 100%. The staff were welcoming and polite. We had a fantastic time and plan to return to the hotel over the Christmas holidays. Loved it.

Room Tip: The vendrome room is incredible. It is well worth the extra money you spend to get it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James K
CarineBaubriau, Deputy Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear James,

Thank you very much for having taken time to provide us with your feedback regarding your experience with our property.

I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with your fiancee and our services and facilities truly met your expectations . I was particularly pleased to read your encouraging comments about our personnel, which, you may rest assured, I will forward with a great pleasure to our team members.

On behalf of the entire team, let me thank you once again for your kind comments and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel Westminster in a near future.

Kind regards,

Carine Baubriau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel has a great location and an air of grandeur...if somewhat faded...
The reception staff are brusque and classically what one hears about French staff!
My room at over 300 euros was so small I could only get out of bed one side.
Breakfast is good but way overpriced as is a kir at 12 euros.
This is not value for money and I am surprised at some of the other reviews.

Room Tip: Check out your room and complain if necessary
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank PenguinTuk
CarineBaubriau, Deputy Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Hotel Westminster and for taking time to provide us your feedback regarding your recent experience with our property.

I am terribly sorry to learn that our standard facilities and services did not fulfil your expectations, please let me express my sincerest apologies for these facts. I have well noted your comment regarding the size of your room; I would like to let you know that we are now working on our hotel enhancement project so you may rest assured that the problem concerning this point will be taken care of.

I am pleased to know that you liked our breakfast; however I am sorry to know that you found it to be overpriced. I truly regret to learn that you did not feel the value for money, please note that we are working very hard to maintain the high standard of a 4 star luxury hotel and to meet the satisfactions of our guests, I assure that we will work on our drawbacks striving constantly towards improvement and high-quality customer service.

Once again, I would like to apologize for all the conveniences that you encountered during your stay, I hope that you will accept to give us another chance to change your perception of our property.

With warmest regards
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is an outstanding hotel. The rooms well appointed. The breakfast (full) delicious. Omlettes, custom eggs, plus usual European delights. The concierge very helpful. Location super for L'Opera area. Discount cards for major shops. Definitely will stay again. Easy walk to all the sites, and shopping;Metro right around the corner. Room is "Europe sized"..suited us just fine. Stayed a week.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hotel Westminster and for taking time to provide us your review regarding the recent experience in our property.

I am delighted to know that you had a great time and enjoyed the room, breakfast and our location. Thank you for letting us know that you would stay with us again, I am proud that we were able to deliver you the positive experience and that you brought the good impression about our hotel back with you.

It will be such a great pleasure for us to have a chance to welcoming you to our property in the near future.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed September 17, 2012

In a very charming building, with delicate decoration and the utmost quality staff to welcome and to support you during all your stay. We have been used to overnight at Westminster Paris Rue de la Paix since almost 15 years now, and each time we feel like beeing home. Team is very customer oriented and anytime ready to support you. Excellent quality hotel, gorgeous entrance and lobby, excellent restaurant and very cosy bar to have a last drink. Room are spacy and very very comfortable. The very classy and elegant decoration brings you directly into the right parisian ambiance. From the hotel you are nearby everything and what best it is very quiet, safe, and in the middle of the very chic street in Paris with many jewellers Cartier Bulgari etc... and just a few meters from Opera Ganier, Place Vendome, Jardin des Tuileries, Louvre Museum et 10mn walk from down Elysee and Avenue Montaigne.
A lot of nice and affordable restaurant in the surrounding.
This is our place once we have a stay in Paris - we are very demanding and we are value for monay driven. YOU'll never regret... WE love this hotel and the team.

Room Tip: This is probably the most discrete and elegant hotel in Paris, but just nearby all the spots to visi...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bellomo M
Dear Bellomo,

I would like to thank you very much for being our loyal guest and for having taken the time to share your experience upon your different stays with the Hotel Westminster.

I am thrilled to know that you consider our hotel as your place in Paris, your kind words are very greatly appreciated by all of our team members. Indeed, creating a warm and welcoming home-away-from home atmosphere has always been and remains essential for us and therefore, we pay a lot of attention to details in order to provide an exceptional experience to our guests at any time.

Once again, please let thank you for giving your trust in our hotel over the years, we would be truly happy to welcome you back to our property again and again.

Kyoto, Japan
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Our stay at this hotel was just wonderful! The location is very convenient, so close to the metro and easy to walk to many tourist attractions. The room is a bit small but hey it is Paris! especially in this area (Place Vendome - Opera) I think the price that we paid was reasonable. Our room was very clean and our bed was very comfortable. Staffs were friendly and helpful,thank you very much. We will definitely be back !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank FifiVivi
CarineBaubriau, Deputy Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hotel Westminster and for taking time to provide us your feedback regarding your recent experience with our property.

I am very glad to learn that your enjoyed our convenient location and that our standard facilities and services were up to your expectations.

Thank you once again for letting us to be your host in Paris; we are looking forward to the pleasure to welcome you back to our property in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Very disappointing, extremely small room,street noise,no comfortable chair to sit and read, no chance for larger room @ 219 Euro a night.!! House keeping not up to 5 star standards, room service trolly's stored on second floor hallway in front of room. Room lighting, outlets poor, internet okay.
Lobby beautiful and location great. Did not feel value for price. But after submitting guest survey with issues hotel management seemed concerned. Bellman seemed to be the most helpful of staff, front desk staff pleasant but not understanding.

Room Tip: Make sure when booking what room type you have, i know paris rooms can be small, but this was "...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Daniel M
Dear Daniel,

I thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to write your review regarding your recent experience with the Hotel Westminster.

I would like to apologize once again for all the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay at our hotel. You can be sure that the issues concerning about the condition of hotel will be taken care of as we are now working thoroughly on our hotel enhancement project.

Your comments regarding our reception and our house keeping service and have been well noted. Altogether we will ensure effective employee training in order to improve and avoid such unpleasant situations and to meet the standards of a 4 star hotel.

Please note that we take every feedback and comment seriously as they are very helpful in assisting us to improve upon our facilities and services in order to succeed in delivering the positive experiences to our guests.

Meanwhile I hope that you will accept to give us another chance to prove that we can be the better hosts. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back again to our property in the near future.

My warmest regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed at the Wesminster for two nights during a business trip.

The service I received was great - closer to a 5-star than a 4-star hotel. The staff was attentive, helpful, polite, smiling, and really made you feel like a valued customer.

The room was larger than similar hotels in the area and the bedding was quite comfortable. The bathroom was large, classic, and had all the amenities you would expect. Only drawback is that furniture / decor of the room is a bit old. In fact the entire hotel could use a refurbishment. The decor is very classic French, which matches well with the surroundings and the building.

The breakfast was very good, with a large choice and on-demand eggs. The quality of the breads and croissants was great, and every product used is fine. The service at breakfast was also particularly attentive and smiling.

Overall, I would recommend the Westminster, more for the service than for the rooms. They could be great, but need some renovation

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bel20
CarineBaubriau, Deputy Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hotel Westminster and for taking time to provide us your comments regarding your recent experience with our property.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed the breakfast as well as I am very happy to learn that overall our standard accommodations and services truly met your expectations. I really appreciate your generous comments about our staffs; you may rest assured that I will forward them with the pleasure to our team members.

Nevertheless I have duly noted your comment regarding the hotel condition and decoration, please let me offer you my sincere apologies for this fact and I hope that it will not deter your from visiting us again. Please allow me to inform you that we are now working diligently on our hotel enhancement project, including updating the furniture.

Please let me thank you once again for your efforts in writing your detailed comments, we hope to have a chance to welcome you back to the Hotel Westminster in the near future.