“Good choice for an overnight stay”

Hotel Etats-Unis Opera
Ranked #531 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Booked hotel for a short 3 days business trip. Positives: definitely location, is about 1 minute walk from Opera, receptionist - truly professional and polite, experienced man, average size of the room, but compare to other hotels still ok, clean room - in general, due to room on 7th floor also amazing night panorama with lighting Eiffel Tower on the left side and statues on top of Opera on the right side. Negatives: absence of proper breakfast - no hot meal selection, absence of fresh juice, but several marmelades, boiled eggs (and cold), few fruits, not much more...all that for 13 Euro is not much especialy when their guests are mostly from countries used to serve proper breakfast..Also CNN and BBC News were of a poor quality on LCD, probably bad reception or so. This 7th floor was also quiet, but 2,3 floor could have a problem with noice from Avenue de L´Opera, which is right next to the short street where is this hotel. Overall, when you know Paris and it´s hotels, this is a good solution for a 3 star accomodation without being devastated from final bill...

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room on 7th Floor with view to the street, and go on balcony at night..
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed September 25, 2013

reception staff was so unfriendly and showerbooth was full of mold.

a staff knocked my room many times, it bother me and i felt uncomfortable.

i would never stay here again...!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lisapelt99
Reviewed September 18, 2013

we stayed here recently and the staff and the hotel itself were excellent.
We had arrived in Paris and the hotel we were booked into was appalling, s we went looking for another hotel. Some people we met on the train from Amsterdam saw us I the street and asked how our hotel was, when we told them they took us to where they were staying which was Etats Unis Opera.
Martine and Yves were so kind and helpful and made our upsetting arrival in Paris to an
enjoyable experience. Thank you so much

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gail B
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked into this Hotel after leaving another Paris Hotel that could only be described as a dump. On arrival at this location we were greeted by a smiling, friendly face by the name of Martine. Martine went out of her way to ease the utter frustration we had endured at the previous location. This Hotel is located in the Opera District and was central to everything, very close to the Metro trains and an easy walk to the Louvre and, if you were a little more energetic, the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Élysées. It is located in an area where there are abundant up market stores, but if you're looking for more of the "local shops" to buy cheese, wine, pastries etc, I would suggest a Hotel in the Latin Quarter. The only issues I had with this Hotel were that there were no tea/coffee making facilities, breakfast was a little light on and needed to offer more and the choice of TV stations were terrible unless you spoke French, it desperately needs to provide cable TV. Overall, a good, clean, roomy Hotel close to shops, numerous restaurants, train station, great friendly staff, in particular, the very helpful Martine and the very obliging Yves.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family and I stayed here and had a great time. It was in a great location. We took the train from the airport to the hotel and it was a 5 minute walk. There were plenty of things within walking distance. We had a view of the Eiffel tower from our room. The 3 of us had plenty of room. My daughter slept in a fairly large daybed. It was quiet and clean. I do wish the hotel served dinner. The staff were nice. They had WiFi...my daughter's kindle connected quicker then mine. I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel is located in a great area - near the Opéra Garnier, easy access to metro, Roissybus, with good shopping nearby.

My room was clean and comfortable, and spacious (by Paris standards) and the reception staff were courteous and friendly.

Breakfast in the hotel costs €12 and was probably not great value, but there are bakeries/cafés in the area nearby with much nicer pastries and coffee.

The "free wifi" was very disappointing.
The download speed was 11 kB/sec, which is slower than old dial-up, and connection would frequently drop out. I tried connecting with an ethernet cable, but the speed was the same.
At best, a facebook page on the web browser took 2minutes to load.
I was unable to skype with my family at home, nor was I effectively able to upload photos to share.

I complained to the evening manager who said their internet was a 'little slow' but there was no fault. He suggested my iPhone and ipad may be faulty/having trouble with the connection.

I tried in all areas of the hotel, over two nights, and the fastest download speed (using the Speedtest app) was 11 KB/sec consistently.

I went to the (nearby) Apple store and tried the wifi there. The download speed there was 1000 kB/second, and there was definitely no fault with my iPhone or iPad.

For me, functioning internet access in a hotel is essential for my travelling needs.
Even if I have to pay for it.

To be fair, the hotel was otherwise clean, & comfortable, with friendly staff and a good location.

However I would not choose to stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: Some rooms on higher floors have a view of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I would characterize this place as (great location - 5-10 minutes to Louvre by walking and 2 minutes from Opera Garnier). The hotel is nice, clean, panoramic windows. The price is high but it deserves this money for location. The size of room is 20 sq meters in total (incl. bathroom and hall and I guess balcony :) everything is in good state It's obviously that they control the state of everything. We asked the high floor originally and it was good idea, 6th floor with good as it's possible on Avenue Opera city view. 2 minutes from Opera subway station. Have a good trip!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple