“Awesome!!”

Ranked #643 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Connecticut
“Awesome!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here and had a great time. It was in a great location. We took the train from the airport to the hotel and it was a 5 minute walk. There were plenty of things within walking distance. We had a view of the Eiffel tower from our room. The 3 of us had plenty of room. My daughter slept in a fairly large daybed. It was quiet and clean. I do wish the hotel served dinner. The staff were nice. They had WiFi...my daughter's kindle connected quicker then mine. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel is located in a great area - near the Opéra Garnier, easy access to metro, Roissybus, with good shopping nearby.

My room was clean and comfortable, and spacious (by Paris standards) and the reception staff were courteous and friendly.

Breakfast in the hotel costs €12 and was probably not great value, but there are bakeries/cafés in the area nearby with much nicer pastries and coffee.

The "free wifi" was very disappointing.
The download speed was 11 kB/sec, which is slower than old dial-up, and connection would frequently drop out. I tried connecting with an ethernet cable, but the speed was the same.
At best, a facebook page on the web browser took 2minutes to load.
I was unable to skype with my family at home, nor was I effectively able to upload photos to share.

I complained to the evening manager who said their internet was a 'little slow' but there was no fault. He suggested my iPhone and ipad may be faulty/having trouble with the connection.

I tried in all areas of the hotel, over two nights, and the fastest download speed (using the Speedtest app) was 11 KB/sec consistently.

I went to the (nearby) Apple store and tried the wifi there. The download speed there was 1000 kB/second, and there was definitely no fault with my iPhone or iPad.

For me, functioning internet access in a hotel is essential for my travelling needs.
Even if I have to pay for it.

To be fair, the hotel was otherwise clean, & comfortable, with friendly staff and a good location.

However I would not choose to stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: Some rooms on higher floors have a view of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I would characterize this place as (great location - 5-10 minutes to Louvre by walking and 2 minutes from Opera Garnier). The hotel is nice, clean, panoramic windows. The price is high but it deserves this money for location. The size of room is 20 sq meters in total (incl. bathroom and hall and I guess balcony :) everything is in good state It's obviously that they control the state of everything. We asked the high floor originally and it was good idea, 6th floor with good as it's possible on Avenue Opera city view. 2 minutes from Opera subway station. Have a good trip!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

small and nice hotel, VERY close to opera so you're at the center of the main attraction area. Walking distance to Louvre. Close to restaurants are in the Rue's surrounding the hotel. Opera metro station is close, and it's also a walking distance from the Roissy bus stop that transfer you from Opera to CDG

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed with this cozy hotel for 3 nights during my business trip to Paris. The main advantage of the hotel is its location. Everything you need is right there – plenty of promenades, sightseeing, cafes, shopping facilities (including Galeries Lafayette), metro… The staff is worth mentioning as well – it’s very friendly and benevolent. Though I was solo I’d booked Double and it turned to be fine, the room was spacious enough (Single is a tin, in fact) and I believe it will be good for a couple. Breakfast is modest so do not expect to see variety of meals in the morning. Rooms are clean and made up on daily basis.
The only negative I faced was the internet. Despite of 3 or 4 Wi-Fi spots available it performed extremely slowly (or did not at all) whichever you chose to connect.
My main conclusion is that the hotel is fine for both travel and business purposes, for solos and couples though I would not recommend it for families with small children.

PS if you happen to come late at night don’t be terrified (like I was) by absence of any human existence in the hotel – though doors are deadly shut and there’s no single sign of light in the darkness in front of your eyes, there’s a small magic button on your left – a night bell, in fact..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Palm Beach Gardens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I, along with another couple spent three nights in Paris at this hotel in September of 2012 and were extremely satisfied. They have everything you could possibly need. Competent and helpful staff were always available, a lift, a nice bar, a comfortable lounge and reception area, wifi and a computer at a reasonable fee, breakfast, etc. Our rooms were comfortable, safe and clean with comfortable beds. The location is near to the Opera Garnier, the subway, hop on/off bus and city bus stops were just a block away. There is also a major shopping center just blocks away but we didn't have time to visit. If we're fortunate enough to revisit Paris we would again stay at this lovel hotel.

Room Tip: Several of the rooms on the top floor have a view of the Eiffel Tower. Lovely at night.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OcieBea
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights for business and was pleasantly surprised. My room was spacious for a Parisian hotel, very clean, friendly staff and a great bar with life every night. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business