“Good, simple hotel in the centre”

Hotel Etats-Unis Opera
Ranked #453 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The hotel is a bit old but clean with friendly staff, pretty big rooms and not much noise. The bed was comfortable and bathroom ok.

Positives:
- Combination of an old hotel and a late 70s reconstruction (my guess). Gives it a unique atmosphere.

Negatives:
- Breakfast was actually pretty bad. No cheese, no ham or salami, no vegetables, just some half rotten fruits.
- I know Paris is expensive but still I find 185E for one night/1person to be a bit too much.

Overall:
It's not a hotel you would seek out and look forward staying at but it's an ok solution if something better is booked (my case)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Despite its very central location (making it possible to walk to most of the main touristic areas of Paris in minutes), the rooms are very quiet as this hotel is located in a small side street.
Highly recommended location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Mathieu G
Reviewed May 25, 2012

After being hesitant about booking a 3 star hotel in Europe I was quit surprised with this hotel. The location is excellent, once we figured out where we were, walking from this hotel to almost any place we wanted was a breeze. The metro is also right there as well as many very good restaurants and cafes. Now back to the room, yes the room is small and the furniture is small but it is Paris and as an American I just needed to get over it. Our room was clean and had everything we needed to stay. We were also lucky enough to get a little balcony that we had a great view of the Effiel Tower, at night we enjoyed looking at the most amazing view. It was picturesque. The staff was decent, not overly friendly but very Parisian. They have a bar at the hotel but it seems to never be open. We went there our first evening for a night cap but then never saw this place open again. For the price we really lucked out, it was everything I expected and more. When I decided to come back to Paris, which I will one day soon I hope, I will definitely consider coming back to this hotel. It has everything that you may need without spending the crazy money!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank olgita522
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Clean and propre in a location that makes it a good deal. Good cafes around to compensate for a not so good breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Recently in Paris for 5 days with a friend celebrating a birthday. I had booked a hotel that turned out to be horrible! I expecetd small but this was small and dirty! I had to get out.
I checked out and started walking around and came upon this little hotel in a lovely section of town, very Central to everything. The receptionist was so kind,and helpful and showed me a room that was lovely, charming, immaculate, and much less then what I paid for in the previous place.She helped me to call hotel.com to see if I could get back my pre-paid, money back and arranged for me to leave the other place and did eveythig she could every day to make our stay wonderful! Her name is Martine. The gentleman in the evening, Beli helped with dinner reservations, quaint small eateries that were exceptional.The staff made the experience a wonderful trip! And the hotelis nicely appointed, clean and lovely. The rooms in Paris are not what we have in the US as far as space, but close to NYC hotel rooms.
This hotel is a gem.and the staff deserve an excellent for customer service.Etats- Unis Opera 16 rue d'Antin Paris
Tel 01420505 email: us-opera@wanadoo.fr
Randy Griffin and Gwen Wayne

Room Tip: The double room was charming that we saw. We opted for two single rooms only because we wanted our o...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ath;etes
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We stayed here for the first time 13 years ago - upon recommendation from a regular guest. Got the same room on the second floor this time. It's a nice hotel with a very good location. We especially like that the area behind the hotel is full of nice japanese restaurants. The only thing we had great trouble with was the hot room. The so called air conditioning didn't cool down the room. It was more like a slow fan. We had to have the window open 24/7. As we travel a lot we always bring a pack of earplugs, so the noise from the street was acceptable during the nights. The covers in the bed was very, very thick and we were sweating a lot and had great trouble to sleep. It was even worse for our friends who stayed in 3 other rooms higher up in the hotel. One of these rooms had a nice small balcony - but it was hot hot hot!
Next time we consider to try one of the hotels next door this one, Best Western l'Horset Opera or Hotel France d'Antin.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank RunningAround42195
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Very conveniently located close to the Opera/public transports but in a quiet street, a large selection of restaurants in walking distance. Comfortable rooms, friendly staff, only the choice on the breakfast buffet could be a bit larger.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business