All reviewseiffel towerprestige roomchamps elyseesexcellent locationbig roommodern bathroomvisit paris againfive minute walkcroissantsby paris standardsbaguettewithin walking distancewonderful staygood sizeheart of parisnight stayconvenient location
Reviewed October 31, 2012

If you are looking for a small, comfortable, family-run hotel in the centre of Paris, then look no further. We stayed at this charming hotel last week and it suited us perfectly. Only a short walk to the Etoile and Metro, with a corner cafe about 20 yards down the street, what more could you possibly need for a short break in this wonderful city? Enjoy.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor have been tastefully refurbished and some have views of the Eiffel Tower. We were quite happy with our room on the second floor, with a little balcony looking out onto the street (see photo).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Guy B
Direction_Sevigne, Responsable réception at Hotel de Sevigne, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Hello,

We appreciate the time you took to leave a comment.

We are pleased to note that all our efforts have enabled you to enjoy your stay .

We will congratulate our teams for their kindness and assistance,

Kind regards,

Sébastien

Reviewed October 29, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This hotel would be great for you if you're concerned more with location - a 5 minute walk to the Arc de Triomphe anaathe Champs Elysees, and probably 10-15 minutes from the Eiffel Tower.

If you're looking for a quality boutique hotel , however, you're best looking elsewhere. The rooms (or certainly the one I was in) are tired and outdated, with dirty paintwork. Really needed to be redecorated...

The staff on reception are really helpful and friendly, with good English.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Our room was on the top floor, wonderfully charming, beyond what we'd expected. Our view of the top third of the Eiffel Tower was awesome; I took video footage of it twinkling every night before bed. Our king bed and pillows were beyond comfortable! The carpet in the room was beautiful, unique, artsy.

The neighborhood is perfectly located, walking distance to everything we wanted to see; also surprisingly quieter than expected, considering its ideal location in the greatest city in the world.

The bathroom was new, squeaky clean with a unique glass artsy window between the hallway and the bathroom, allowing additional light through. Very pretty. The shower and bathtub were both appreciated as we enjoy morning showers and evening baths. Towels were bright white, fluffy and soft. All amenities were provided, and more. We loved the towel warmers, the lighting, the tiles, everything.

We enjoyed our balcony very much, and breakfasts in our room were delightfully delicious. I loved the French doors to the balcony, and the white, pretty, whimsical drapery. Everything was perfect.

As my husband was out running the Paris Marathon one morning, I relaxed in our room and enjoyed the ambiance sipping my coffee, gazing out the window, dreaming of living in Paris, and housekeeping showed up to clean the room.

She was very sweet and I learned she'd been employed at this hotel for 28 years (If I recall correctly -- It may have been 24 or 29?). She enjoys her job working for the family, and that confirms my suspicion this hotel is a very special place.

The owner appeared at the door of our room to say goodbye to her employee because she and her husband were going to the countryside for Easter weekend. It was a pleasure to get to meet her. She translated for me the writing or poetry on the wall of our room, and as she did, with her arm around my shoulder, explaining it to me, I felt like I was in a movie. Sweet! You'll see it (the quotes on the wall) in the photos on their website.

The couple who owns the hotel have nice taste. I'd love to reserve the same room next time we're in Paris. I wish I'd written my review months ago when it was all fresh in my mind because I no longer recall the names of all the kind people we met.

We couldn't have had a lovelier stay in the romantic city of lights. We spent 17 days in Western Europe this trip, and we decided Paris is hands down our favorite city of all the cities in the world.

We highly recommend Hotel de Sevigne. We will return again and again, as we have become attached to this charming hotel.

We should also mention the fantastic services of Marathon Tours and Travel. We are so pleased they selected such a perfectly Parisian hotel for us. We've traveled with them twice since 2010 (The other trip was Athens); both were extraordinarily memorable, fantastic adventures, and we have two more trips already booked with them. Marathon Tours has proven to be a great value, and with their friendly, experienced staff, their top-notch, superb service is cerise sur le gâteau!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple