“Could do better”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Could do better”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We booked a queen smoking room, however upon check-in we were put in a small non-smoking double. Insult to injury was that a member of staff walked in to our room in the morning for no apparent reason. Luckily I had just put my bathrobe on, or he may have got an eyeful!

The breakfast was overpriced, however this is fairly common for Paris hotels.

Great location for the Eiffel Tower and there are a number of nearby car parks.

Hotel a bit run-down but was clean and tidy

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Turkish first
Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This hotel is in a really nice area, walking distance to eiffel tour, restaurants etc. When we arrived we were told that the 2 twin beds that we had requested did not show on their end. I presented them with my print out and they apologised and told us room would be ready in about 2 hours. We actually arrived before regular check in time so this was not an issue. They held our bags and we set off to explore the city. The two persons at reception were very courteous, helpful and spoke english fairly well.
The hotel itself is very small. The elevator can hold two persons comfortably. We had to do 2 trips with our luggage. On entering room I found it to be a little smaller than expected. I was very disappointed at the toilet.The room housing the toilet was ridiculously small and it was impossible to sit as my knees were knocking the wall which was virtually inches away. I didnt complain as my stay was only two nights and things could be alot worse. Everything else regarding my room was great. Please be advised that there is no fitness facility at this hotel.
The rooms and lobby were clean at all times.
My real problem with this hotel started when I returned home and viewed my credit card statement. There were 3 charges. A pre-authorization that did not fall off of 580euro, a 580euro that was charged on check out and a third charge that was charged 2 days after I checked out.
I immediately called the hotel which was a Saturday and was told I had to send an email to manager. I got no response until Monday. In this response they admitted an error but my card was not credited as yet. I then had to provide my credit card statement showing extra charge. On the Tuesday the manager emailed me and told me they found the issue and i was credited back 580euros. I ask myself the main question, " what if i had not checked my statement?" Also what if I needed that money that was charged extra to facilitate expenses for my continued trip abroad? I could have done without this inconvenience.
I would say though that in my conversations with the manager she was very polite and helpful. Life is not perfect and errors occur, but this is not an error to be made.
I have stayed at other Radisson Blu hotels and will continue to utilize the Radisson Blu brand because I have had excellent experiences.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Markphillip1
Emilien J, Manager at Le Dokhan’s, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Markphillip1,

Thank you for staying in our Boutique Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please accept my my deepest apologies.

It's true to say we were mistaken and this mistake should happen. Inside procedure were apllied since your issue, we will pay more intention to make sure it never happen again.

Emilien Jaltier, Hotel Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2013

What else can I say about this place that hasn't already been said? It's an absolutely lovely hotel with fantastic staff. We stayed for 4 nights in a very nicely decorated room. The location close to the trocadero and Eiffel tower is a perfect starting point for a tour in Paris.
All the staff were so helpful and everything was just done right.
The champagne bar is fun experience before or after the diner.

Overall a fantastic experience and we'd love to go back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clo M
Emilien J, Manager at Le Dokhan’s, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear clo M,
Thank you very much indeed for sharing your experience about the Radisson Blu Le Dokhan's.
I will share your great comments with my staff, they will be more than happy!
Once again, thank you very much from all of us.
Emilien Jaltier, Hotel Manager
Fort Lee, New Jersey
Reviewed November 3, 2013

What a beautiful hotel! True Paris! Lovely old world charm, comfortable, cozy, close to everything, super comfortable beds, excellent service, friendly staff (excellent english). My experience in Paris was great! LV decorated elevator, sketches of Picasso and Matisse (original) in the lobby, tall windows, quiet rooms, small boutique hotel in central Paris. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Standard room is very small (Manhattan size) with queen bed. Recommend upgrading to a bigger room...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nam07024
Emilien J, Manager at Le Dokhan’s, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Nam07024,
Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Le Dokhan's.
We were so impressed with the way you succinctly summarized Le Dokhan’s strongest characteristics: decoration, coomfort, service and staff.
We will make sure to share your kind words with our staff. We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.
Kind regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed here for the first 3 nights of our honeymoon in France. It was a complete Parisian experience right from start. The hotel is small, so it feels much more like a lavish home and has such charming features. We stayed in the Bagatelle Suite, which has a nice little view of the Eiffel Tower over the rooftops and an amazing deep set, round marble soaking tub/jacuzzi. Our suite had ample space, though the bedroom was a little tight, a lovely espresso maker, minibar/fridge and was always very quiet. The staff was very accommodating and sweet and was quick to get us anything we needed. It was really the best way to begin our honeymoon together, and couldn't have been a more romantic spot!

Room Tip: We heard that the rooms are quite small, so our advice would be to save a little more to spring for...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Erin H
Emilien J, Manager at Le Dokhan’s, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Erin H,
Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Le Dokhan's.
I'm really glad your honeymoon could 'not start a better way. It was a real pleasure welcoming you.
Thanks for your comment about the service too. Be sure I will share your kind words with our staff.
Once again, thank you very much indeed.
Kind regards,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Cannot say enough good about Le Dokhan's. This hotel says "Paris", but also feels like home. Rooms were wonderful and well equipped; even clean bed linens each day. The front desk staff is a model for what a hotel should have; very pleasant and very knowledgeable and they all spoke English. Jean Pierre, the concierge, was simply the best I have ever experienced. The breakfast each morning is lovely and included a choice of fresh raspberry juice. At 6:00 each night the breakfast area turns into a champagne bar which, we were told, is the oldest champagne bar in Paris. Close to the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe and lots of shopping. Would not bother to look at any other hotel in Paris.

Room Tip: Our rooms were upgraded at no charge and I'm not sure why. Perhaps because we were there for a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Com4tableAdventure
Emilien J, Manager at Le Dokhan’s, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Le Dokhan's.
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us but it's always a real pleasure to read it.
Be sure I will share your kind words with our staff. We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.
Kindest regards,
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The world’s number one tourist destination has no lack of distinctive hotels, but La Dokkhan is unique in that guests don’t just get to see Paris, they get to feel it. Located in an upscale Trocadero neighbourhood, its’ close proximity to the most famous landmarks of the City of Lights enables the visitor to tour leisurely and effortlessly whether on foot, by public transport or in a taxi. There are convenience stores, restaurants, cafes and quaint little shops around every corner. The structure itself exudes old world charm with dignified and cozy lounging areas and tasteful, authentically decorated guest rooms, many of which have enchanting views of the real Paris from private balconies. The hospitality and service exceed the highest expectations, but it is the personal warmth of Louise, who manages the hotel, Stephane, the concierge, the lovely young French lady (apologies for forgetting her name but she made us feel so welcome right away), the room service, cleaning, all night and day staff, indeed everybody we met made us feel so at home that the experience was visceral. We look forward to returning and meeting them all again, strolling through the neighborhood and enjoying some of the world’s most iconic images. No doubt millions of people feel the same after visiting this city, but I believe that if you want to actually feel Paris, you'll love La Dokkhan.

Room Tip: Well worth your while to upgrade as all rooms are small - and don't expect the same amenities as...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank keithdubai
Emilien J, Manager at Le Dokhan’s, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear KeithDubai,

Thank you so kindly for your recent posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Le Dokhan's.

We were delighted with the way you summarized Le Dokhan's strongest characteristics.
Thank you also for your comments about our staff members, be sure I'll share your post with all of them.

Hope to have the pleasure of meeting you on a future visit!

Best regards,