“Lovely intimate hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely intimate hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the metro in the trocadero area. It is a small and intimate hotel which is charming. Staff are helpful.
The room was a good size and had a 6 foot very comfortable bed in it. The bathroom would definitely benefit from an upgrade as the paint was flaking on the ceiling in parts but this didn't spoil our overall enjoyment.
Due to the size of the hotel evening meals are not served. It is possible to have room service which we didn't take.
Breakfast was pastries, and jam unless you wanted to pay more for either a continental to include ham, cheese or some cooked items.
There are a number of cafes up near the metro for evening meals and another couple of minutes walk will give you a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower.
My one complaint was the chamber maid banging on our bedroom door at 9.00am Sunday morning! She came twice to hurry us up. Checkout is midday so this was annoying.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Suefrombournemouth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Where to start...
I booked this hotel for a special occasion, and was in contact with the concierge and staff for approximately 3 weeks, just to make sure everything was perfect. They surpassed every expectation. I was after a romantic weekend away and booked into Le Dokhan because it seemed the perfect compromise. Good location, classic French decor, romantic and boutique ambience, with quality of service of a big brand.

We arrived on a Saturday morning, and luckily our room was ready. We were upgraded to the Ming Suite, which was room 604, on the top floor. We ascended in the Louis Vuitton lift, which was beautiful, and entered our room to find it was very well sized and beautifully decorated. There was a sofa, 2 chairs, bar area, desk (with an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower!), TV, wardrobe and a very nice sized bed. In the bathroom, we had a Jacuzzi bath with a proper overhead shower as well. Also, in the room were the flowers, card and gift that I had organised directly with the hotel, which was the icing on the cake (plus they were reasonably priced).

The hotel had also provided recommendations on restaurants and places to visit, both recommendations for restaurants were perfect (Jamin and BON). We knew the recommendations were good, as when we walked into Jamin, one of the hotel receptionists was there!!! BON was on another level, vietnamese food but wow the setting was stunning.

We also experienced the Champagne bar, where the decor, ambience and quality of service and products was of a very high level, as was breakfast. We sampled both the Philipponant Royal Reserve NV (excellent for the price) and the Philipponant Vintage (I think Clos de Goisses) which was a considerable increase in quality and flavour.

All in all, I'm struggling to express how much good the visit was. I would like to personally thank Jean Philippe (Concierge - for organising absolutely everything for us, you're a true Gentleman!), Melanie (Reception - for the warm welcome, advice and guidance) and Anthony/Mikael (Sommelier and bar - recommendations on champagne, and for allowing us to use your valentine glasses). Thank you all for everything.

If you're after a break in Paris, in a traditionally decorated hotel, with a great location and run by staff who actually care about making your stay perfect, then I wouldn't go anywhere else. Will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: The Ming Suite was very good. Good size, view of the Eiffel Tower, Jacuzzi and big bed. Ignore the p...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arun S
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Charming small hotel, central location, great for exploring Paris. The room was full of character with a very comfortable bed and the staff were lovely. They could not do enough to help and we especially loved "French Frank" the concierge. Would stay again so you cannot say more than that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Astley, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband booked this hotel as a surprise for my 50th birthday I was a little shocked as I had dropped lots of hints about how much I wanted to visit Rome !!
Paris !! ?? Was my first thought but I am so glad he ignored my hints as the Dokhan's Radisson Blu was delightful.
All the staff were more than helpful,very polite and friendly.
In particular Franco the concierge was an absolute gem he helped us with our luggage and guided us into our charming room ,recommended great restaurants and even came out and walked part way down the road to show us the way.His attention to detail and customer care was impeccable.
Our room was small but beautiful, the fittings and bathroom were old and yes the bath was tiny but this just added to the charm of the place.
The bed was large and very comfortable ( and I have a bad back ) I have never slept so well !! Even though the hotel is located in a busy area we didn't hear a peep at night .
The hotel lift is very quirky it is made from an old Louis Vuitton travel trunk giving the feeling you are traveling in a suitcase!!
We enjoyed romantic evenings in the elegant candle lit champagne bar and although food at the hotel is limited to breakfast and room service only there are many good restaurants and cafe's in close proximity. Trocadero and Arc De Triomphe are within walking distance and a metro station is close by.
I would definitely return to this hotel I loved its charm ,elegance,quirkiness, location and staff. There may be hotels that are larger and have more amenities but in my past experiences they can be impersonal and sterile. At the Dokhan we were made to feel special :)

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Elaine C
Mauchline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel has great location for the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe.On arrival at the hotel the reception staff were very attentive and efficient.We had booked a deluxe room which was on the second floor,the room had a king size bed and a seating area.The bathroom was small with a shower over a small bath.The bathroom fittings looked very old but this gave character to room.The room was tastefully decorated.The concierge Franko is very helpful(booking taxi's,printing boarding passes and giving directions to all the sights).Although the hotel is situated near a busy junction the rooms are very quiet.The only negative for the hotel is the dining room is too small if the hotel is busy.On our first morning we had to wait 45 mins for a table then when we did get a table the two waiters serving had no system.We would have our croissants served but the tea arrived ten minutes later.Although the waiters were courteous they worked at one pace and I feel if there was someone taking control of the restraunt it would be much better.The other 4 mornings it was a lot better because the hotel wasn't as busy.The lift is small and takes 2 people so you may have to wait.The holiday overall was excellent and I would recommend this hotel

2 Thank Robert J
San Diegan in Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Every detail is accounted for in this hotel. But if you are looking for a larger room and newer bath then you ought to go to the Radisson up at the Grandes Boulevards (next to Galleries Lafayette etc). What you get here at Le Dokhan's is an intimate experience in the most charming building in Paris. The staff is beyond helpful and the food and wine exceptional. My business class room was perfect in every way, and I will absolutely stay here again in the future. One very good argument for choosing this Radisson before the others is the fact that it is not a 'package trip' accommodation. This means there is no line of people fighting over brie at a tired buffet every morning. Instead, you have personal service and people who take pride in remembering your omelette order each morning!
Do yourself a favor and book a room here!

Room Tip: Upgrade to business if possible!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were delighted with this hotel. After reading the reviews I was a little worried about the size of the room.We stayed in room 405 which was a deluxe room and there was ample room to move around in, It was beautifully decorated although a little worn in places.The staff was amazing just as everyone on Trip Advisor said.Two people among the many that worked there really stand out. They are Louise and Franco.Franco walked me to the drugstore when my sleeping pills were not working for me and explained to the pharmacist that I needed something stronger.I read an unbelievable report about he and Louise helping a woman who lost her passport and that was the deciding factor for me choosing that hotel
Everything wonderful that people have said already I agree with. .

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Ours was wonderful and I am a light sleeper.
2 Thank phyllisorlando