“Good Hotel Close To Attractions, Shame About The Price”

Le Dokhan’s, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Ranked #240 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 13, 2012

PROS: A very good hotel with small but very comfortable rooms. Rooms were cleaned meticulously every day and all bed linen changed. Very close to major attractions, just 10 minutes walk to the Eiffel Tower. Hotel staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. Excellent restaurant called 'Saint Didier' literally 20 metres from the hotel front door.

CONS: The hotel is quite expensive with hardly any facilities. Its theme is an Edwardian Hotel but in lots of places it is very 'tired' and could do with a complete makeover. Breakfast is quite expensive at 29EU but there are lots of local delis and cafes where you can pick up a quick coffee and croissant. Supposed to be a 4* Hotel but I think it would be lucky if it got 3* in UK.

OVERALL: A very comfortable and hospitable 4 night stay, but quite expensive. Paid £260 per night for little more than a place to sleep, but it is Paris and very close to the attractions. Paris is a balancing act; Pay expensive prices to be near the attractions or stay further out and get a better/cheaper hotel, but spend some of your day on the metro/bus. I think the Radisson Blu gets it just about right.

Room Tip: Paris is a balancing act; Pay expensive prices to be near the attractions or stay further out and ge...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Its Europe so the room is small and 'charming' means over-decorated and somewhat marred paint/walls. The service, however, overcomes any and all incidental issues. My husband and I were in Paris for our 25 wedding anniversary and the hotel gifted us with a champagne tasting and other room goodies. More than that, the staff assisted us in all ways with restaurant recommendations and reservations, travel advice, cab, and any type of info that we requested with always the utmost professional and friendly manner. Every time we entered or left the hotel we were warmly greeted by every single member of the staff. It was a real pleasure staying at Le Dokhan because of the people that work there.
PS If you re going to the hotel in 9/2012 inquire about a room away from the street construction, which is no fault of the hotel of course.

Room Tip: If you re going to the hotel in 9/2012 inquire about a room away from the street construction, which...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This was the perfect Paris hotel. Close to many iconic destinations (ie. Eifel Tower and the Arc)
Small, but comfortable an clean. Wonderful hot showers. Excellent customer service. We were so glad to stay in such a stylish, Parisian spot.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel has a very good location: 5 minutes to metro, 10 minutes to the eiffel tower. We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and got very unlucky that the lift was broken. They did not manage to fix it during all our stay, so we walked to the 5th floor couple of times per day.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SupremoEst
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I spent weeks researching the perfect accomodation for my 20th wedding anniversary trip to Paris - my first trip to Paris. I mean, there is SO MUCH to choose from and a HUGE range of prices. I had a fairly generous (though not unlimited) budget to work from, and the mandate from hubby that it had to have an eiffel tower view. Unfortunately we were too late to book an apartment, so that left hotels. The Ming suite at Radisson Blu Le Dokhan's Hotel was the perfect choice for us. Radisson was easy to deal with, the staff were fantastic, the hotel beautiful and intimate and the suite itself very Parisian. The hotel is pleasant a 5-10 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower and the subway lines that cross through that area. We found it very easy to get around to all our tourist destinations from the hotel: the Seine, the tower, Louvre, the musee d'orsay, Notre Dame cathedral, many nice cafes and boulangeries. There is a bakery we stumbled upon within a couple of blocks from the hotel that has heavenly pastries. In fact, I'm certain the hotel is supplied by them for their breakfast baskets. The breakfast at the hotel (which was included) was very nice. The perfect start to a day of exploring.
I was a tiny bit disappointed on arrival day with the view of the Eiffel tower because you cannot see it from the bed. You can see it from your desk window (if you stand) and a perfect view from the bathroom window. By day 2 I did not care - we saw the tower from everywhere and walked down there nightly to see the lights and soak up the atmosphere. The bathroom and amenties were very nice, though it took me until day 3 to figure out how to get the water hotter than luke warm out of the jacuzzi bath. I should have asked. If you do enjoy a bath, there is no where to place anything within reach, except the floor. The edge of the tub is too narrow.
I mentioned the staff were great - very friendly and attentive. Though they all appeared to be able to speak English, I tried my french out with them for practice and they were never impatient with me.
One small annoyance we encountered was outside of the hotel's control. There was street work one day - the city must have been resurfacing and paving. The hotel is so close to the street (which is normally very quiet) that the machine work literally rattled the hotel.
Overall, I was very pleased with our stay.
After much dithering, what finally convinced me to book this hotel and suite was this travel blog article called "My Parisian Fantasy" http://fathomaway.com/postcards/romance/my-parisian-fantasy/

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lanavy
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Just spent two days at the Radisson Blu Dokhan in Paris and absolutely LOVED it!. Awesome hotel with great employees.
We arrived from the USA mid morning and took the metro. The metro is easy to understand, and Charles de Gaulle has a metro/train station in the building. We only had to change once, taking the metro to the Trocadero exit. A short walk, maybe 5-8 min from the station you will find the hotel, nestled away from the hustle of the main Trocadero, down a side street. The exterior of the hotel looks typical of your boutique hotels and it is lit up beautifully at night time. We arrived around 11am and they said our room would be ready around 1pm, so we asked them if they could watch our bags so we could do a little sight seeing in the meantime. The concierge was great, very friendly and very knowledgeable. We decided to visit the Eifel tower as this was very close by. Walking back in the direction of our metro stop, Trocadero, across the street and around the corner is the Eifel Tower! Fabulous view from a higher elevation. Later we made it back to the hotel where check in was smooth, and the concierge said he would bring our bags to our room, then walked us to the unique elevator consisting of a vintage Louis Vuitton steamer trunk! Very Parisian and cool! The room is small as many have mentioned, but having stayed in Europe on many occasions this is typical, especially in France. It is very clean and very cozy and did instill a little Parisian feel with the decorative bed crown.. Being from England I had asked if they had any kettles and they delivered one to the room within minutes to keep in the room the whole stay. In fact on a couple occasions I needed some milk for the tea and the politely offered some from the kitchen and brought it right out to me. Beds were very comfy and bathroom was modern and clean.
Quaint breakfast room, I love architecture so I love that they kept paneling on the walls, the colors of the room, to me, very typical Louis style décor.
2 options for breakfast – continental, and full. Full breakfast is 29 euros pp so you may want to consider a room package that includes the breakfast if you chose to eat at the hotel. We chose the full breakfast and it was delicious.
First they brought 2 bread baskets which consisted of 8 different pastries/croissants/ and mini French baguettes (which my daughter loved!) in each basket. We could order juice and coffee/tea. There were several cereal choices to pick from. Yoghurts and a fruit salad were available. Hot choices included eggs/omelet’s, (your choice) bacon and I ordered toast also. The food was hot and freshly cooked and the breakfast waiters were fabulous (especially the first morning - I wish I got his name!). The waiter was so friendly and genuinely loved chatting – it was such a pleasure!
Walk down the side street the hotel is situated on there is a small convenient store that is open until 8, where you can buy fresh baguettes and large bottles of water for less than a euro! - Instead of paying much more for these in the tourist areas.
The reception staffs were also friendly and I have to say this, by far, was my best trip to France. They are more than happy to give you recommendations on sight seeing, restaurants and anything they can do to make your stay more enjoyable. I will definitely be coming back to Paris and I will DEFINITELY be staying at this hotel again! Anybody would be silly not to choose this hotel next time their plans take them to Paris. Location, cleanliness and friendly staff would make this a win-win for all!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank covbrit
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The staff at this hotel is phenomenal and makes up for many of their shortcomings. The issues with the hotel are that the rooms are very small,the bathrooms are tiny and the staircase needs to be re-carpeted. One plus is that they are in a great location. They do need to repaint some of the bathrooms and redo some of the knobs in there due to rust.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends