“ming suite was ooh la la”

Le Dokhan’s, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Ranked #252 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bermuda
“ming suite was ooh la la”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I spent weeks researching the perfect accomodation for my 20th wedding anniversary trip to Paris - my first trip to Paris. I mean, there is SO MUCH to choose from and a HUGE range of prices. I had a fairly generous (though not unlimited) budget to work from, and the mandate from hubby that it had to have an eiffel tower view. Unfortunately we were too late to book an apartment, so that left hotels. The Ming suite at Radisson Blu Le Dokhan's Hotel was the perfect choice for us. Radisson was easy to deal with, the staff were fantastic, the hotel beautiful and intimate and the suite itself very Parisian. The hotel is pleasant a 5-10 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower and the subway lines that cross through that area. We found it very easy to get around to all our tourist destinations from the hotel: the Seine, the tower, Louvre, the musee d'orsay, Notre Dame cathedral, many nice cafes and boulangeries. There is a bakery we stumbled upon within a couple of blocks from the hotel that has heavenly pastries. In fact, I'm certain the hotel is supplied by them for their breakfast baskets. The breakfast at the hotel (which was included) was very nice. The perfect start to a day of exploring.
I was a tiny bit disappointed on arrival day with the view of the Eiffel tower because you cannot see it from the bed. You can see it from your desk window (if you stand) and a perfect view from the bathroom window. By day 2 I did not care - we saw the tower from everywhere and walked down there nightly to see the lights and soak up the atmosphere. The bathroom and amenties were very nice, though it took me until day 3 to figure out how to get the water hotter than luke warm out of the jacuzzi bath. I should have asked. If you do enjoy a bath, there is no where to place anything within reach, except the floor. The edge of the tub is too narrow.
I mentioned the staff were great - very friendly and attentive. Though they all appeared to be able to speak English, I tried my french out with them for practice and they were never impatient with me.
One small annoyance we encountered was outside of the hotel's control. There was street work one day - the city must have been resurfacing and paving. The hotel is so close to the street (which is normally very quiet) that the machine work literally rattled the hotel.
Overall, I was very pleased with our stay.
After much dithering, what finally convinced me to book this hotel and suite was this travel blog article called "My Parisian Fantasy" http://fathomaway.com/postcards/romance/my-parisian-fantasy/

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lanavy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Just spent two days at the Radisson Blu Dokhan in Paris and absolutely LOVED it!. Awesome hotel with great employees.
We arrived from the USA mid morning and took the metro. The metro is easy to understand, and Charles de Gaulle has a metro/train station in the building. We only had to change once, taking the metro to the Trocadero exit. A short walk, maybe 5-8 min from the station you will find the hotel, nestled away from the hustle of the main Trocadero, down a side street. The exterior of the hotel looks typical of your boutique hotels and it is lit up beautifully at night time. We arrived around 11am and they said our room would be ready around 1pm, so we asked them if they could watch our bags so we could do a little sight seeing in the meantime. The concierge was great, very friendly and very knowledgeable. We decided to visit the Eifel tower as this was very close by. Walking back in the direction of our metro stop, Trocadero, across the street and around the corner is the Eifel Tower! Fabulous view from a higher elevation. Later we made it back to the hotel where check in was smooth, and the concierge said he would bring our bags to our room, then walked us to the unique elevator consisting of a vintage Louis Vuitton steamer trunk! Very Parisian and cool! The room is small as many have mentioned, but having stayed in Europe on many occasions this is typical, especially in France. It is very clean and very cozy and did instill a little Parisian feel with the decorative bed crown.. Being from England I had asked if they had any kettles and they delivered one to the room within minutes to keep in the room the whole stay. In fact on a couple occasions I needed some milk for the tea and the politely offered some from the kitchen and brought it right out to me. Beds were very comfy and bathroom was modern and clean.
Quaint breakfast room, I love architecture so I love that they kept paneling on the walls, the colors of the room, to me, very typical Louis style décor.
2 options for breakfast – continental, and full. Full breakfast is 29 euros pp so you may want to consider a room package that includes the breakfast if you chose to eat at the hotel. We chose the full breakfast and it was delicious.
First they brought 2 bread baskets which consisted of 8 different pastries/croissants/ and mini French baguettes (which my daughter loved!) in each basket. We could order juice and coffee/tea. There were several cereal choices to pick from. Yoghurts and a fruit salad were available. Hot choices included eggs/omelet’s, (your choice) bacon and I ordered toast also. The food was hot and freshly cooked and the breakfast waiters were fabulous (especially the first morning - I wish I got his name!). The waiter was so friendly and genuinely loved chatting – it was such a pleasure!
Walk down the side street the hotel is situated on there is a small convenient store that is open until 8, where you can buy fresh baguettes and large bottles of water for less than a euro! - Instead of paying much more for these in the tourist areas.
The reception staffs were also friendly and I have to say this, by far, was my best trip to France. They are more than happy to give you recommendations on sight seeing, restaurants and anything they can do to make your stay more enjoyable. I will definitely be coming back to Paris and I will DEFINITELY be staying at this hotel again! Anybody would be silly not to choose this hotel next time their plans take them to Paris. Location, cleanliness and friendly staff would make this a win-win for all!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank covbrit
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The staff at this hotel is phenomenal and makes up for many of their shortcomings. The issues with the hotel are that the rooms are very small,the bathrooms are tiny and the staircase needs to be re-carpeted. One plus is that they are in a great location. They do need to repaint some of the bathrooms and redo some of the knobs in there due to rust.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank captus
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We arrived outside the most beautiful building and were greeted by friendly efficient staff. The lift was Louis Vuitton inside and the room was beautiful. The bed was luxurious and the shower superb. It's expensive but we got a deal through Expedia. Definitely worth booking if you want a nice treat.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank GrayboBauer
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The hotel is within walking distance from the metro. Neighborhood is fine with many restaurants. Staff is correct, professional and helpful. The hotel is decorated in an 18th century french style: sweet and cosy. Very well done. Rooms are tiny. Real Tiny. It worked for us because we were only on a short trip with almost no luggage. But I can imagine that you just can't get in with a pair of large suitcases. On the other hand the decoration is lovely and doesn't give it a cramped feeling. Breakfast (in a - i must admit - great breakfast room) is not up to the standards of a 4 star hotel. The quality of the products is fine but you except more from an continental breakfast of 19 euro's than some croissants, jam and coffee. I like the luxury of being able to chose from a not ending line of bread, jams, yoghurt, fruits, cereals, etc... Ok, I don't have that at home either, but checking into a 4-star hotel isn't exactly an act of modesty. Would I stay here again: on account of the hotel, neighborhood and staff, yes. But as far as breakfasts go - and I'm a breakfast man - there are better options.

Room Tip: If you travel with a lot of luggage, don't go for the classic rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank erasmus115
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed for six nights and loved it. The hotel is within walking distance from major Paris sites and a short distance from the train that will take you to other Paris sites. The neighborhood is quiet and has many really good places to eat. The staff is wonderful and extremely helpful. Franco helped us to navigate our way around Paris on the Metro and directed us to great places to eat. While in Paris, I had a dental mishap and Franco was able to find me a English speaking dentist the next day that resolved my issue. That's service !

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Marie W
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My partner used his points accrued from work travels for us to stay here which was very lucky. We were upgraded from the basic Classic to a Deluxe room on the third floor. Had we paid as regular guests, the Deluxe would have cost us $680 per night and even then we had to pay a few hundred dollars for the shortfall in points.
Our bedroom walls were upholstered in a smart navy and gold star cotton fabric, with matching bedspread, half-canopy bedhead and curtains. Our balcony - as deep as my size 8 shoes - overlooked nearby buildings and the bisecting Parisian streets. We had seen that some rooms' views perfectly framed the Eiffel Tower, but we didn't expect ours to for the price. A gorgeous room, it was short on space, providing just enough room to store our suitcases yet no chest of drawers to put things away, so beware, you will be living out of your suitcase! Never mind, there is so much to do, you will forgive this for stays of 3 nights or less.
You can always spend more on a bigger room by spending less on dinner. We had a takeaway coffee and chocolate croissant for breakfast at the tiny cafe on the corner for about 2 euro and on the first night we had a wonderful and inexpensive three-course French cuisine meal for only 24 euro plus drinks at Le Saint-Didier Restaurant on Rue St Didier. We would have reached it within 1 minute of leaving the hotel (it is only 30 metres from the entrance) had the rain and my inability to read a map not caused me to miscalculate where it was.
It's wonderfully central (Boissiere is only a couple of blocks away), with the Arc D'Triomphe at the end of Avenue Kleber (which we walked up to watch the Bastille Day parade) and the viewing area to watch the 14 July fireworks over the Eiffel Tower.
You can catch the Roissy bus from the airport but we chose to take the train line B to Denfert-Rochereau, getting off at Boissiere on metro line 6.
Oh - and you have to check out the hotel's lift, which is the interior of a Louis Vuiton suitcase!

Room Tip: Ask for a Deluxe at least (or only pack a cabin bag) as there are no drawers to put your things away...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple