“Great 10 Day Stay in the Heart of Paris”

L’ Hotel Pergolese Paris
Ranked #948 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
nkdewitt
“Great 10 Day Stay in the Heart of Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel. My partner and I (we are both on the cusp of turning 30) were in Paris for a conference at the Palais de Congres, which was about 2 blocks away from this hotel--super easy walk in the morning to the conference center, with an ATM at the corner of Rue de Pergolese, and a DELICIOUS Boulangerie/Patisserie with sandwiches, bread, desserts, and croissants on the same corner.

We weren't sure the best way to get there from the airport, and when we emailed for assistance, they quickly responded that the most hassle-free way was to catch the les cars bus offered by AirFrance. It was 17 euros one way, but for that price we got picked up at the airport and dropped off about 2 blocks away from the hotel. Upon our arrival, a bellhop was there to greet us and brought our bags up to our room.

We were also offered a free upgrade from a standard (double is what it said in our email confirmation) to a superior (we think---it was 179 euros a night before the upgrade). Our room was on the 5th floor (room 51) and it was facing the street. I am a light sleeper, but I was so exhausted from walking around Paris and from the conference that I slept very well, even with some street noise.

Pros: There was an iPod/iPhone alarm clock dock, so we were able to use our white noise app to help us sleep and drown out any undesirable noises.

The staff was incredibly nice, warm, and welcoming. We bought some paella from a street vendor, and by the time we returned to the hotel it had gotten cold. They heated it up for us and delivered it to the room, at no cost or fuss. They also called and made reservations for us so we didn't have to do it.

The rooms were clean----SUPER clean. The sheets were soft and there were extra blankets if you needed them. The room itself was comfortable, and simply decorated.

The free apples at the desk were awesome with the cheese we bought at the market and the caramels we bought in the Marias district.

The courtesy umbrellas were fantastic. We forgot ours and we never got caught in the rain, because they were there for us to use.

There is a metro stop one block away, and a bigger metro hub inside the Palais de Congres, 2 blocks away.

You walk a few steps to the end of Rue de Pergolese, and you get an awesome view of the arc de triomphe---and you have easy access to the entire city from this hotel, without having to stay at a "touristy" location.

The most amazing steak and frites you'll ever have is also about 2 blocks away (Relais de Venise http://www.relaisdevenise.com/ ) if you get in late and are starving and you're scared of French people, this is the easiest nearby place to eat--you say how you want your steak cooked, if you want wine, and then they bring you food. It's that easy.

Cons: The air conditioning was a terrible joke. It just made clunking noises. Luckily, we had a window in the bathroom that faced another building/tiny alley (no noise) and the large windows facing the street (some noise, but we closed them at bedtime), and being Paris in late April/early May, it was perfectly chilly outside and we had a nice breeze. Otherwise, I would have been terribly uncomfortable sleeping at night.

There is a mini fridge, but it's full of mini bar stuff, so it's not really usable as a mini fridge.

The noise from housekeeping in the hallways in the morning can be a bit excessive. They always cleaned our room VERY nicely, and they are lovely nice people, but the hallways are so tiny and narrow it would be hard not to make noise. And, to be fair, we slept in until 9am some mornings, which is when the noise happened--they didn't clean when most people were waking up. But if you want to sleep in, that might not happen for you.

The shower/tub in our room was difficult to get in and out of--I'm 5'3" and sometimes I felt like I might risk death hopping out of the tub. It was pretty high up, so this room is NOT for those limber enough to take a hop from the shower.

The breakfast was too expensive for us, especially for the price we were paying to stay there. We never tried it, because of the cost, so we couldn't tell you what it was like. I think it was 12 euros, and we were on a 1 euro pastry/morning budget.

With all that said, I wouldn't even consider staying in another hotel if I'm ever in Paris again. The bounty of pros far outweighed the cons. After our conference was over, we could have moved to a different hotel away from the Palais de Congres, but we didn't because we enjoyed our stay so much. We were sad that, on our last day, there was a new lady at the desk we didn't recognize and we didn't get to say goodbye to the staff we got to know over the course of our visit.

Stay here if you are a simple person, and all you need is a comfy place to sleep and a staff that will attend to your every need. If you need a lot of room to lounge or spread out, these rooms might not be for you. We had plenty of room for the 2 of us, and we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher up, the less the noise. And the less likely it is that second hand cigarette smoke will w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lengara_Pace
LHotelPergolese, Directeur général at L’ Hotel Pergolese Paris, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

How nice it is to read your great experience with us.

I'm just surprised about the noise in the hallways with the housekeeping and engage myself to talk to the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you again, please accept, Dear Guest, my most sincere regards.

Nathalie ROTH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cordoba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

A beautiful petit hotel with a perfect service. Personnel with a clear customer oriented attitude, even at night. Nice room, perfect size. Clean and well equipped.
The surroundings are out of this world. A few meters from the Metro station "Argentine", a few more from the Arch du Triumph. Magnificent.
The only thing to improve, breakfast not included in the rate and its a little expensive compered with other Hotels in Paris.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
West Paterson, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Perfect location as it is about .5 mile from the Arc de Triomphe. There are several outdoor cafe's in the area and plenty of places to eat. The rooms are very small but it is Paris so who needs luxurious rooms. The room has a nice bed and bathroom and that's really all you need. The staff was very helpful with booking reservations and calling taxis as we did not speak a lick of French. I'd definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for a place to crash and not spending too much time in the room.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

First of all, a big warning if you are asked to book and pay for your hotel in advance. You will be asked to present your credit card for 'authorisation' when you check in - but you don't get told this! Its to prevent fraud apparently and to reduce the hotel's risk that you will demand a refund from your credit card company.

I had a real problem as my ex-boyfriend had booked and paid for it, he then transferred the booking into my name when we split up (all done without a problem on booking.com) and the hotel then wanted to refund his card and charge mine when I arrived (without him as they had expected) to check in. No ways was I going to allow that to happen as I had already paid him directly for this. It took lots of to-ing and fro-ing, faxed copies of credit cards, authorisation forms, etc, before they were finally satisfied but I can assure you that my ex-boyfriend was not. I tried calling booking.com to help sort it out without any success. Whilst both hotel and booking.com were vaguely apologetic, doesn't really help when they don't tell you in advance what their expectations are - and effectively they won't let you check in unless you can either present the credit card you used to pay for it or allow them to refund that card and charge you on one that you have with you. I wasn't happy and I won't be staying at this hotel again - I will also think long and hard before using booking.com too. Neither offered any compensation or any kind of a complementary sweetner to offset this horrible experience.

The hotel was really average and not what I would have expected from a 4 star hotel. The rooms were basic, many things were not working properly, electrical sockets were hanging open, the staff were generally unhelpful and on some occasions just plain rude.

The upside is the very central location. But I reckon that you can pay less somewhere else for what this hotel provides - and still be in a very central location and probably get better service from the staff.

I won't be going back, that's for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sarah_s749
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

What can I say! It was a fantastic hotel wished I could stay longer. The reception and staff very helpful. I very modern updated hotel with a great price. Rooms very clean and maintained and such a great location - would definitely return to this hotel if ever I am back in Paris.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MissDetox
LHotelPergolese, Directeur général at L’ Hotel Pergolese Paris, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many may thanks for your appreciation.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Nathalie ROTH & her Team
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights at this small hotel in January 2013 with our two boys (6 and 9) and we can honestly say that not only do we have nothing to complain about, but the rooms and service were exceptional.

We booked a family room through booking.com and we got way more than we thought.....two large rooms, two good size bathrooms and a private hallway with a second door leading out to our private entrance off a staircase on the 1st floor, rooms 16 and 17. Both rooms had doors that opened for fresh air into a court yard into the middle of the hotel.
Beds were super comfortable, towels were really thick and soft and everything was really clean.

Natalie and her staff all spoke exceptional English and treated you like family rather than a hotel guest. They went out of their way constantly to ensure we knew where we were going, had what we needed and even went above and beyond to assist with some laundry needs.

Very close to Arc de triomphe and a few train stations (Port Maillot to get to Versailles or Charles de Gaulle Etoile to get to Disneyland). Great Italian restaurant down the street called Del Papa, Fromagerie Pergolese (great cheese and wine), Boulangerie and supermarkets.

Definitely would recommend for anyone travelling with children! Thanks so much.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It wreally was a great pleasure to assit you during your stay with us.
We wish you a Very Happy New Year !
With warm regards,
Nathalie ROTH & her Team
Lagos
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was in room 45 on the 4th floor. The bathroom needs some updating as the ceramic is starting to brown and think someone over 6ft tall will find it really difficult use the WC - No big & tall Americans :)

Otherwise the staff are nice, helpful and professional. The hotel is situated only 3 minutes from Argentine Metro station, 3 stops from La Defence Mall, close to nice restaurants, Bancomart/ATM/Cash machine just in the corner, easy to find but never-the-less I expected a bit more from 4 Star hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors always better
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
LHotelPergolese, Directeur général at L’ Hotel Pergolese Paris, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

We actually are renovating all the bathrooms and hope you will give us another chance to stay with us.
With kind regards,