“Nice and comfortable city hotel”

L’ Hotel Pergolese Paris
Ranked #1,028 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent 2 nights here on a business trip and was happily surprised by the standard of this hotel. It is very well situated near the Arc de Triomphe and the Métro station. The building is old and has some grandeur, but the interior is modern and up to standard. I had a room at the top (6th) floor and although it was warm, the airco did its work, so it was very comfortable in the room. I had a quiet (backyard) and spacy room and also the bathroom was spacy. The only thing is that the bath tub is under the loft roof, so you cannot shower standing up.
From my colleague I understand that the streetside rooms are noisy, but that is true everywhere in Paris.
Wifi is free and working well.
Breakfast is fine and staff is friendly and helpful.
I surely can recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MBMW

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Small Hotel in the center of the City, so close to the Arc de Triomphe, maybe just 300 meters.
We booked a Family Room and we where given 2 rooms connceted, we found it an ideal situation with 2 separate rooms, 2 toilets and especially 2 TV sets (..kids....).. the rooms where Ok, clean and well equipped, i think the rooms have been recently renewed.
The reception is friendly and professional they showed us the Hotel and booked for us taxi's and gave our daughters lots of chocolate that they of course enjoyed.
Breakfas was charged and probably had not much choice but i think for such a size of hotel was more than enough.
for short stays and for downtown walkers this is an ideal nice small hotel.
we will definetly be going back there.

Room Tip: if you go with kids ask for the Family room, we had 2 connected rooms 46 and 47... very good solutio...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank GDP1967
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We were lucky to stay in superior rooms so that made a big difference in space and quietness with rooms located on the courtyard side with no street noise although the air conditioning was sluggish at best and the room pretty warm so easiest solution was to open the window but watch out for peeping toms... The hotel had scaffolding on its facade although I never saw anyone actually working. There is no parking in front of the hotel (although you can stop and block traffic to unload luggage) and there is no or little parking in the neighborhoods whatsoever and further away, there are some embassies which bring about larger cars, cop vans and blocked parking. This hotel is a 10 minutes walk from the Air France airport shuttle bus. I did not try the breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jjlasne
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights last November. Arrived in the morning around 10 but was told there are no rooms available yet so we have to go back at 2pm to check-in. Fair enough. The guy in the concierge who speaks very good English gave us maps and showed as the good places to go for the days that were there.

Went back at 2pm but no one is in the front desk to check us in so we waited until someone came out and checked us in. The guy told us we can go to our room and they will just bring our luggage up. We took the elevator and surprisingly the elevator is so small that four people of average size barely fit. When we come out of the elevator we started following the signs to our room. The hallway to our room is a bit dark and narrow. Our luggage were not yet in the room when we arrived and we waited for about 30-40 minutes before it arrived.

The bed is very comfortable but the bathroom does not meet my expectation. There are parts that are mouldy and rusty. Breakfast is basic.

Also, there are only two elevators and it is also used as maintenance elevator. There's one time we waited for a couple of minutes and when the elevator opened it is full of bedding, towels, etc. Good thing we're only on the third floor so we decided to just use the stairs instead of waiting for the person to offload all the stuff that’s in there.

Overall, it is just a basic hotel which I think is a bit overpriced. If I’m coming back to Paris I will definitely try another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Close to the Arc de Triomphe and the Convention centre, but seems very expensive for what it is. Small rooms, but clean and comfortable. Free internet. There was a problem with my payment card (their fault, I think) and I had no end of hassle sorting it out; they just didn't seem interested in helping. I wouldn't go there again because of this.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kevin S
PergoleseParis, Propriétaire at L’ Hotel Pergolese Paris, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear Sir,

It is with great disappointment that I read that you would not come back to stay with us again due to the problem you encountered upon check out.

Despite what you think we were not to be blamed for the payment issue you faced : your reservation had been made by your company on Booking.com and we did not have any information concerning the fact that the payment should be made by your company.

I can understand that you were unpleasantly suprised that we asked you to pay your bill as you thought everything would be taken care of, but I can assure you that the person who made your reservation did not asked for it.

As for being "overpriced", I can assure you that 199€ for a 4* hotel in the 16th district, during a major international fair such as Intermat, is a very reasonable rate...

Of course I remain at your entire disposal should you need any further information.

Sincerely Yours,

Julia Vidalenc
Manager
j.vidalenc@pergolese.com

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Nice hotel with clean rooms and comfortable beds. Not in the middle of the hustle and bustle but a 3 minute walk from the metro. My wife and I have been to Paris 4 times and this has been the best place we've stayed. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012
7  Thank Hartgang
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Have been going to this hotel for almost 20 years. We have always been impressed with the high quality of service and the regular updating of room decor. Situated near the Etoile and the M1 metro line gives easy access to many sights and museums. The street is quiet and there are many reasonably priced restaurants in the area

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple