“Excellent location, great hotel”

Hotel Royal Elysees
Ranked #1,508 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Reviews on this site are very misleading. We were there this weekend and had a fantastic time! As stated previously the location is excellent, 30 seconds to the Arc and we had an excellent view of it from our window. For people to complain about road noise, what do you expect when booking a hotel pretty much on the busiest roundabout in Europe? When the windows were closed we barely heard the traffic but then we kept the windows open a lot of the time as the atmosphere in that area is fantastic. The rooms are not the greatest but are far from terrible. Clean and acceptable would sum them. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful and speak very good English. Prior to leaving i was a little apprehensive about the hotel after reading the reviews on this site but we had a fantastic time and would certainly go back.

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank DHookway

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Let me start from beginning I was in hurry to book hotel in Paris where I could not find excellent rated hotel available near by Champs Elysees Avenue then I barely find this hotel with single room. Although I have doubted that single room will not be enough for two person and hotel might not accept to allow two person in single room unfortunately booking agency in my country have stated that no problem with single room.

I was coming from Brussels and I was staying in five stars hotel. I also have enough experiences with hotel in Europe with 4 stars rate. Any how I have mentally lowered my expectation but what to do I have not get any option.

I have reach hotel just on time. First hotel location was excellent. It is just very near Charles de Gaulle – Étoile so it is very excellent access to all metro. It is very close to Champs Elysees Avenue. My room window had nice view where it was fascinating me during my stay in this hotel. Staffs were very understanding and helpful. Room size was quite small and it is relatively clean. Bath room was clean but breakfast was very basic. Room wall could not isolated noise where I daily enjoy lessening to couple chatting and arguing. Any how I was able to sleep. I like most in this hotel location and staff but nothing is so special about this hotel apart of very nice staffs and location yes I would recommended this hotel for solo travel and quick visit to Paris.

Room Tip: choose double room for couple
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MohamedAlJilani
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Great little hotel. So close to Arc and Champs. Clean, comfortable with very helpful staff. Breafast area small but nice breakfast and off you go for the day.great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2012

pretty cheap for Paris, basic and small accomodation, free fast wifi was good, breakfast a little cramped...but location is amazing, outside door the Arc De T, wow, so easy to get around. staff very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: get one away from road
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank billmfinn
Reviewed May 2, 2012

On our trip to Paris we selected this hotel as it was just down the road room the Arc de Triumphe.
The room was very small, and the noise in the hotel from guests in other rooms was shocking. The road noise outside was very loud. The breakfast was very average, and the dining room, if you could call it that was so small we all had to take turns to get to the toaster.
The one shining light was the Concierge who was very helpful and cheerful.
Would not recommend for a stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Retcon
Reviewed February 4, 2012

For the price we paid I didn't really expect anything great. The room was ok, soft beds, but it smelled like smoke. The breakfast buffet was alright, it had what you needed in the morning. The worst part was when I checked out and they said I had used the mini-bar and wanted me to pay €8 for some sodas. I hadn't touched the mini-bar, but the employee was trained in French costumer service (i.e horrible costumer service), so he kept saying that I had to pay and that I had used the mini-bar. I ended up leaving without paying and almost missed the bus to the airport due to the argument.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DeaMarc
Reviewed November 21, 2011

In line with other recent reviews, the location of the Hotel Royal Elysees is ideal - literally two minutes walk from the Arc, five minutes the the Champs and close to several Metro lines.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful and spoke more-than-adequate English.
The facilities at the hotel, however, left a lot to be desired: the plywood doors were splitting; paint peeling from the walls and ceilings; bathroom tiles and window panes cracked; the bed/mattress was distinctly bowing in the middle; the lift came to a jolt; no clock in the room; no way of regulating the heating (other than openiong the windows); etc. - in other words, the entire hotel is in dire need of an entire refurbishment and some thought needs to be given to the dining arrangements.
Speaking of which, whereas the continental breakfast was adequate, there is only seating for about 12 people so there were often queues for seats, and there was very little room to manouvre, so spillages and similar mishaps were common.

Room Tip: Despite Ave. Victor Hugo being one of the quieter roads leading from the Arc, noise can be a problem...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple