“Fantastic, friendly hotel. Highly recommended for the price.”

Grand Hotel Francais
Ranked #105 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I stayed here for two nights with my parents. The staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. I had mentioned in advance that it was my parents' wedding anniversary and so the hotel upgraded them - they were delighted. The rooms are very modern and comfortable with free WiFi, I would say this hotel is equally good for couples or solo travellers - anyone really. Breakfast was fine - cereals, orange juice, pastries, coffee etc. The hotel is right by Rue des Boulets metro and it's a short walk to Nation for further transport options. Overall, for a 3 star hotel, I thought it was superb.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank LondonScot20
Write a ReviewReviews (2,062)

Reviewed October 4, 2009

Good location, friendly staff, good breakfast and nice rooms. When there, we were given an upgrade. The rooms are slightly larger than Paris norms, front desk was very friendly and helpful and facilities in room very good. Soom good restaurants and cafes nearby. Might seem a little bit out but of the inner ring of paris but safe and very near metro station.

1  Thank savystayer
Reviewed October 4, 2009

We had read the excellent reviews on this hotel before travelling, and were not disappointed! Good location, spotlessly clean refurbished rooms, welcoming helpful staff and more than adequate breakfast - what more can you ask for? Even the small room and even smaller bathroom we were given would not deter us from using this hotel again and recommending it. We ate at Les Galopins, one of the recommended restaurants on two evenings, and this was excellent, again the staff were welcoming and offered complimentary drinks before and after the meal. All in all, an excellent city break which we intend to repeat as soon as possible.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank MHB48
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Stayed 3 nights. Room was modern (w/in-room air conditioning/heat control). Reception and breakfast room staff friendly. Location just a couple of blocks from Metro: Nation. In short, this is a perfect choice, as they do everything just right.

1  Thank Rahwayan
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Easy to find- straight down the road from Rue de boulets Metro. On arrival we were kindly upgraded to an executive suite as I informed in an email that it was our honeymoon. The most polite and helpful checkin staff we'd met! The room couldn't be faulted following a recent redecoration (they were just finishing the reception area). Champagne on ice complementary with a kind congratulations note. A/C was great, shower brilliant. Breakfast was simple yet exactly what you need for a day of sightseeing. Upon check-out were left our bags in the store at no charge for as long as we needed. Great Value stay, hopefully will return.

Reviewed October 1, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for three nights at the end of our month around France. The newly renovated rooms were a delight and larger than the usual Paris closets. I had actually only booked two nights and we had a large room with balcony and a king size bed, shower and bath. It was delightful and the staff were most helpful and gave great advice, especially when I realised we needed a third night. We had to move rooms, but got to experience another slightly smaller but very comfortable room. Breakfasts were good and we suggest you try the restaurant recommended be the hotel - Les Gallopins. It was friendly, cheery and good local food. We went back two nights. The area is a bit out of the trendy districts, but so close to the metro this is not an issue and the local neighborhood offers plenty of food, supermarket, cafes and laundromat options - great for travellers.

Reviewed October 1, 2009

I have just returned yesterday from being in Paris and staying at this hotel. I was travelling alone and was worried a bit about my first time visit to Paris but this hotel settled my nerves from the moment i stepped into it. I encountered Ludivine the lovely lady receptionist who always had a smile on her face and lovely to talk to she was really friendly and made me feel at ease, i then met Zyad and he was exactly the same really friendly. I had requested a room with a balcony and was given a room on the 5th floor which i did not mind it was just the right size for me and i would not say it was small. The room and bathroom were well decorated and everything was sparkling, i have never seen a hotel being cleaned so much so it was good to see this. I was staying for 5 days so got to experience alot of paris and this hotel is not far from Nation station for metro and rer and only short ride to places as i went everywhere also i like the hotels location as it is not touristy where it is so you get the french feel of way of life. All the night time staff were very friendly also the cleaning ladies and breakfast room ladies, they made me smile because they always were and that is a good sign. I felt as though i had been here for ages so i was sad to leave but hope to return to this hotel next year and see some more sights of paris. I can be fussy about things but at this hotel i did not want for anything and that made my trip even more special knowing that after a day of wandering around i could go back to a clean comfortable friendly hotel with nothing to worry me. This hotel and more importantly the staff are what makes it well deserving of all the good reviews it gets also being high up on the list of popular hotels. Thanks very much Zyad and Ludivine, from Anita, England (room 52)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo