“Another excellent review - sorry!”

Grand Hotel Francais
Ranked #109 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I chose this hotel specifically on the favourable trip advisor feedback so I was expecting the hotel to be welcoming but this was surpassed.
The staff are very friendly and very keen to please. It was a particularly nice touch to be told on arrival that we had been given a larger room and breakfast included during our stay as it was my wife's birthday.
I know that negative feedback makes for better reading on Trip Advisor but we couldn't fault the hotel - sorry!

Room Tip: Rooms are on the small side by international standards but this is not uncommon for Paris and is mad...
4  Thank GarrySibbald
happymanager, Manager at Grand Hotel Francais, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

dear madam Sir

What's else to say , we give you post of ambassador of the GRAND HOTEL FRANCAIS and of course Thank you, THIS IS The kind of comment that makes me love my work and make me up in the morning with the smile Thanks Hope to see you again in our hotel

warm regard from the staf of the grand hotel francais his manager ZYAD

Write a ReviewReviews (2,060)

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is excellently located near the metro. The neighbourhood isn't too touristy and there are plently of good local cafes and restaurants nearby that are not over flowing with tourists.

The rooms are clean and relatively modern. Staff are very friendly and chatty. Breakfast is also decent. Overall very good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank dragondrop
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have just got back from spending 4 days in Paris and did so at this Hotel.

To report Small Rooms would be a massive understatement, I have never had nor seen such a tiny room anywhere else in the world, the room and en suite combined would fit easily into my bathroom at home and the whole place is life in miniature and you need to be a limbo dancer to get to the breakfast room.

BUT - The location on rue Voltaire is ideal for getting around and the area is quiet with some good places to eat and drink, the Hotel is spotlessly clean, bright, and modern, and the staff very engaging, helpful and speak perfect English.

We'd be happy to go back and if they really do have bigger rooms (which I Seriously doubt having looked at the internal plans) then it would be perfect.

1  Thank Ian F
Reviewed February 17, 2013

It was a memorable 16 night stay at this hotel and I have no regrets with choosing this accommodation. By Parisian standards, rooms are relatively spacious and very clean.

Hotel
- situated in a very secure and quiet area - Bastille
- two metro stations just 5 minutes away on foot - Rue des Boulets and Nation
- good restaurants in the area especially in Nation square
- 24 hour reception - very polite and welcoming receptionists
- free daily local newspapers in English and in french
- excellent french breakfast incl. a selection of savory and sweet items

Room:
- we had a superior room which I definitely suggest
- complimentary chocolate and champagne upon arrival
- clean and tidy
- TV service
- free wi-fi with excellent download speeds
- spacious and well equipped bathroom

I would like to thank all the staff for making our honeymoon a dream come true!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Hotel Francais for my husbands birthday 9th Feb. The hotel was excellent, really well located for the metro and the continental breakfast was very good. As mentioned in other reviews the rooms are quite small, but we have stayed in 5* hotels in London and believe me, some of them are smaller. The room was fine, free soft drinks, very clean and hydro shower 1st class. The real plus for this hotel is the staff, the concierge was so helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable. He was more than happy to answer any of our questions, always helpful and pointing us in the right direction. The icing on the cake was the complimentary 1/2 bottle of champagne for my husbands birthday - THANK YOU xx

2  Thank Shaz-Tony
happymanager, Propriétaire at Grand Hotel Francais, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear madam sir

thank you very much for your compliement on our staff and hotel, it is always a pleasure to see it compared to a 5 star hotel and see that our customers are satisfied but the most important is to know that we managed to make you spend your stay as friendly as possible because we always ensure that our customers feel at home.

hopoe see you again

warm regards
the staff of the grand hotel francais his manager
ZYAD

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights feb 2013, paid £130 per night for two in a superior room (request a balcony by email if possible) rooms are small but very modern and clean. Service was fantastic -English speaking staff are very receptive of attempts at French! Hotel itself is on Boulevard Voltaire, which is a short (5min) walk to the nation metro station where you can jump on loads of rail line across Paris. Good value for money when you consider it's Paris!
It's in the quiet part of town away from the landmarks but won't take too long to get into Paris centre. We stopped in room 551, with a balcony.

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank stephie21385
happymanager, Manager at Grand Hotel Francais, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

dear madam
thank you for very much for choosing ou rhotel

it was a pleasure to welcome you we are happy that you enjoyed your balcony room and our services

hope to see you again

zyad

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I spent a weekend in early February at this hotel and had a fantastic experience. The staff is very friendly and welcoming, and provides excellent advice and service. I arrived at 11 AM and was able to check into my room, which was very nice. Upon check-in, there was even a box of chocolates waiting in my room and a note welcoming me to the hotel. The gentleman working at the desk during the day (unfortunately, I did not catch his name) provided me with a map of Paris as well as a map of nearby restaurants - very useful.

The location is not exactly in the center of the tourist destinations of Paris, but they are all very easily accessible. The hotel is conveniently located to two metro stops, including the Nation stop which is serviced by the RER and four metro lines. It is very easy to reach all of the major destinations in Paris from the hotel.

This was my fourth time in Paris and my best hotel experience by far. I will certainly not hesitate to book again with the Grand Hotel Francais on my next trip and look forward to enjoying the hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Madame Sir

Thank you for having chosen our hotel

We are delighted that we have helped you spend one of best stay in the capital, the satisfaction of our customers and hospitality are the two most important things for our team, we listen and try to make any changes to improve the stay of our customer and we are delighted to see that this was the case with you

warm regard

the staff and his manager zyad