Ibis Paris Bastille Opera
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$1,219
  • Bar/Lounge
$616
$590
  • Room Service
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$164
$564
$503
  • Restaurant
2,699 results
All reviewsbreguet sabinmetro stationrooms are smallyour luggagebars and restaurantsbuffet breakfastcomfortable bedreception staffconvenient locationwe've stayedgreat areagare dumin walkcroissantsmaraissupermarketheating
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Whenever I go to Paris, it's my first choice. Close to Bastille Metro Station with an excellent connection to the entire city, straight lines from Gare du Nord and Gare de Lyon, walking distance to the Notre Dame and the Quartier Latin, straightn into the rest of the city, via Place de la Bastille. Tripping distance to Rue de la Roquette with all the bars and restaurants. So location-wise,very nice for a city trip.

Utilities at the hotel are good: small, but clean rooms, very friendly staff, nice bar.. I never use the restaurant due to all the restaurants in the area, incl for breakfast so no review there. But it is often quite busy, so that's a good sign in my book.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
1  Thank Mischa D
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I'd have to agree with most of the comments from other reviewers - that this was a good value basic hotel, with clean beds, and basic amenities, friendly staff - which included free wifi. The location is great, walking distance to the Metro 5 line, and Metro 1 Bastille line.

I'd recommend travelers to bring their own toiletries, as the what was provided was a communal hair/body/hand dispensed soap.

My only complaint about this hotel was the noise level of the doors, and how loudly my door as well as the neighboring rooms throughout the hotel shut closed. Starting from 8 am to 10 am, I woke up to a loud BANG! from the doors opening and shutting loudly as guests were more likely rushing to get to the breakfast level, or to the sites. Consequently, at night - doors shut just the same.

Additionally - the hotel breakfast buffet was the same every single day - no real variation in the offering at 10 Euro per person. We did the breakfast twice, and it was OK - but i think you could get a better value at the Boulangerie literally across the street.

This was my first time staying in an Accor Hotel / Ibis franchise - and after seeing the chain throughout my other travels in Europe, and finally experiencing one for myself - I will more likely choose to stay at one again.

Room Tip: My room was on the 6th floor which had pretty nice views of the Bastille area - but not worth any additional cost (if there is one) to upgrade to.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Von A
François V, Directeur général at Ibis Paris Bastille Opera, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear guest,
thank you for giving us your review about your stay. Your comment is accurate and it is very interesting for our team.

At this time, we are working on adjusting our grooms to ensure maximum safety and low noise level. I'm sorry if the noise bothered you.

Since you say that your first stay with us convinced you and you come back, we have fulfilled our mission!
Next time, go on accorhotel.com or ibishotel.com website, you will often find interesting promotions.

Regards

Reviewed July 7, 2014

During our stay there was a fire alarm. We left by the fire stairs which were unlit, not even the emergency lighting was working. Going down stairs in complete darkness was extremely dangerous and if the rest of the residents had evacuated the building as they should have done then somebody would have been injured or even killed on the staircase. I complained at the time and was met with ignorance and indifference. I have since written to their head office who take days to reply to emails and who also seem completely unconcerned. I have been offered a loyalty card with 2000 points on it worth 40 euros as compensation. In a decent UK hotel we would have been offered at least one free night. They have had my money and they do not care about their customers. AVOID !!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
François V, Directeur général at Ibis Paris Bastille Opera, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear customer,
Please rest assured, all our security system works perfectly and we checked several times a year by many organizations.
Like all Accor hotels, we require a high level of security.
There was certainly a bright spot default but when this is the case, we treat it immediately.

Come back when you want and I will make with you a complete tour of our facilities!
We apologize for this experience.

See you soon

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The hotel is exactly what you expect for a reasonable price. It's clean and staff is friendly. However, rooms are small, the bathroom in particular, so this is no place if you like to spend some time at the hotelroom. It's perfect when you want to use the hotel for sleeping.

The area is quiet, but still central. Just a five minute walk to Bastille Metro station, an area with lots of nice places to eat and drink. We didn't pay for breakfast, but we had a beer in the hotel bar. It was just fine.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
François V, Directeur général at Ibis Paris Bastille Opera, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for your comment expressing satisfaction. I will share with our team.
You are right, our rooms are of a limited size but is optimized for your comfort and we work our quality of service to be attentive to our customers.

I hope you come home we enjoy our great location.

regards

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This review is a warning that if you go to this hotel your room may not actually there. Last week we arrived to this ibis after staying at their hotel in St Petersburg and Moscow. I'm a regular customer and appreciate their formula.

But in this case our room despite being pre paid was not there when we arrived at 1am. The staff muttered that we didn't answer our cell (hard to when you are on a plane). There was no alternate room organised and they spent the next 40 minutes calling other hotels.

I've approached the manager who was not responded to my polite requests to talk. However her 2ic was gracious to speak to me. The Accor social media messages me implying I should be happy that I was upgraded to a Pullman hotel

But when you are delayed in flight then experience not checking into an alternate hotel until 2am it is a zero benefit.

This is revenue gorging as ibis had already banked my funds for the 3 nights and then on sold my room. If this is actually a technical fault then I would expect that the alternate room would already been ready to go

Shameful practice on a loyal customer!

Room Tip: Suggest another hotel is a better choice
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ShanghaiGoofy

Dear sir, I am truly sorry this happened to you on your arrival.
Nevertheless, we did everything we could, in calling you several times, leaving a message and waiting for the last moment to cancel your reservation. Know that every day, several reservations are not honored despite reminders and confirmations.
Prepayment that you have done is done on the internet, the conditions are clearly explained when you make your booking. We work here only from the date of your stay.
Finally, my team and I are always available for customers who wish to meet us. I never refuse to spend time with them to hear what they have to say.

I hope to see you again one day.

Regards