“So Quiet”

Ranked #1,629 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Warrington, England
“So Quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

My wife have stayed at this hotel on several visits to Paris, it is within easy walking didtance of the Paris Metro and close to 'bus stops for travell the short distance to the main attractions.
We have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
Each time we stay I remark on the silence, considering that we are in one of the world's busiest cities.
Close at hand are a variety of restaurants and cafés that cater for most tastes whether it be Italian, Oriental or French.

Room Tip: try to get a room at the rear which are quieter than those at the front
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David H
Kamal_Barouti, Director at New Hotel Candide, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Customer
Thank you for your comment and your loyalty. We will be happy to welcome you and your wife during your next stay in Paris.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
S E London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Just returned after a 3 day weekend break (Sat 21-Tues 24 July 2012). I chose this hotel because the rooms reportedly had full balconys – a rarity in Paris as most hotels have Juliette balconys only. Other reviewers describing the rooms as ‘small’ couldn’t be more right! My room was on the top, 6th floor (608). Awful room overlooking inner courtyard, literally a few feet away from the building opposite. I could see straight into their rooms, as I am sure them into mine. It was also located right beside the noisy lift shaft. Being on the top floor also meant sloping walls making the room look and feel even smaller. If the bathroom door was open, forget getting into the wardrobe! A flat screen tele is ok if you like CNN! No other English channel available, not even BBC World News. I asked for a fan because the room was so hot, only to be told none were available and could I not sleep with the window open! When I pointed out the security and safety risks, I received a dry, ‘We have no crime here and Tom Cruise won’t be coming’ ! Very droll! Breakfast was boring and despite paying for it, I gave it a miss after the first day. I have never had to write a bad review but I feel I have to be honest; I would not recommend this hotel. Luckily, Paris had so much to offer that I did not have to spend much time either in the hotel or in my tiny, attic room. The bathroom shelf was coming away from its fittings and the only way I could use it was by propping it up with my sun cream lotion bottle! And there was no plug for the sink. To be fair, I didn’t bother raising any of these matters with the hotel staff because from reading other reviews, I figured I’d be wasting my time, and besides, the female receptionist was lovely and had been most helpful. This hotel is overpriced and my jaw dropped when I was charged 3 euros for the bottle of water from the mini-bar. Having Voltaire Metro station 2 minutes away was a real plus as was all the lovely cafés, restaurants and bars close by.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kamal_Barouti, Director at New Hotel Candide, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Guest. We have noted your comment about your stay at New Hotel Candide in Paris. Know that we remain very attentive to the quality of service that our customers are, entitled to expect from our hotel and that is why we deeply regret not being able to give you complete satisfaction.
Sorry that your appreciation of the New Hotel Candide, and hope you will give us the opportunity to be better hosts in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

thunder bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

My friend and I stayed at New Hotel Candide for 3 nights in early July. The staff were so great. It was awesome having bilingual people there all the time. Our cab ride from the airport to the hotel was 70Euro, when we got to the hotel the lady at the front desk helped us set up a shuttle right away before even checking us in, so that our ride back to the airport was only 18Euro. If you don't already have a way from the airport to your hotel, I suggest calling the hotel to see if they can help. The room is small, but we experienced small rooms in all hotels we went to in Europe. There isn't air conditioning, but our room had a fan, and we slept with the window open. It wasn't a problem, especially since the weather wasn't very hot while we were there. Breakfast in the morning was good, always full and tasted fresh. Lots of seating in a comfortable dining area. The entire hotel is clean. Wifi wasn't very good in our room, but there is a computer downstairs and also some seating if you bring your laptop down there is better wifi in that area. As someone previous mentioned, right outside is the Line 9 Voltaire stop. I would definitely stay here again.

This didn't bother my friend and I, but incase you don't want to share beds with who you are staying with you may want to question the beds you are getting with the hotel. We had a choice between two twin beds or a double. We chose two twin beds, but the room is so small they are literally pushed together. We didn't really see the point of choosing 1 double or 2 twin. As I said we didn't mind, but just a warning in case that would bother you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your comment and your sincerity, hoping still to have the pleasure to welcome you and your friends, the house is small but the heart is large.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great location next to Voltaire Metro but to be honest you can walk to Notre Damm in 20 minutes
Rooms just about large enough, great breakfast and lots of bars ,cafes and restaurants nearby. Staff friendly and bilingual for when your French fails you!!

A bargain for Paris

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Customer
Thank you for your comment, we hope to see you again at the New Hotel Candide in Paris.
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Only negative about this hotel is that the rooms are small, otherwise everything is great. very friendly and helpful reception people, especially Innes. She made us all feel very welome and helped us to book stuffs. This hotel is just minutes walk to the line 9 Voltaire metro staion, 15 minutes and you are on Champ Elysess !! Also if you are going to catch fast trains, station Gare Du Lyon is only 5 minutes drive. It has got a lot of food joints near by and you can buy and bring in food and eat in your room which sometime is such a blessing after a long day! I think the breakfast is alos quite good with freshly baked Croissants and pastries and boiled eggs and the ussual staples. I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your comment and your sympathy, Ines will always be there and any other staff to make your stay the best.
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was a bit concerned having read some of the reviews about this hotel. The location is good with a metro stop 2 minutes away. The room was a bit small for 3 people as they put an extra bed into a twin room. I think it would be fine for 2 people. Breakfast was fairly standard continental fare. there was a little bit of noise from the road. If you want a room in paris to just sleep in and get a shower etc, then the hotel is fine. If you want luxury, then this is not the place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Allouttotravel
Dear customer,
We thank you for your comment and your sincerity and it is with pleasure that we welcome you next time.
nahariya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

i like the hotel as it is friendly one' specially Halim at the reception' good location' very good breakfast

i was single and my stay was for 4 nights i got a room for two very expensive may be the foult of www.booking com. that did not gave another price choice. beside the price in my case ' iwas very satisfied and will return

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo