“Nice little hotel in handy location”

Hotel Saint Paul Rive Gauche
Ranked #30 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I spent 3 nights at this hotel and it was a very enjoyable stay. My friend and I shared a twin room which was not particularly spacious but this is Paris and we weren't there for the bedroom. The room was very clean, nicely decorated with elegant wallpaper and curtains, very comfortable beds, air conditioning and a spotless modern bathroom. The lobby area is small but welcoming with comfy seating, internet access for guests and selection of guide books all lazily policed by a large black & white cat. Staff were polite and helpful. There was a little late night noise from as the bar further up the street emptied but generally this seemed to be a quieter strreet than some of the others in the area.
Breakfast was a simple buffet but the quality of the offering was excellent - delicious breads, really fresh fruit salad and good coffee although perhaps a little pricey at €13.
The location was unbeatable for us - on a direct metro line from the Eurostar terminal and a short walk to Notre Dame, Musee D'Orsay and other sights and also close to some really nice eateries.
I would happily stay again on any future trips to Paris.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I was visiting Paris for the first time and as my sister was already booked into this hotel, I chose to stay there too.

All round it was an excellent choice. The staff were very helpful from the moment I arrived until I checked out. My room was very pleasant with the best shower I have found in a hotel.

The location of the hotel was also excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and i stayed at hotel St Paul this time last year, this year we brought my sister and brother in-law with us. We once again found the hotel to be very comfortable and had a great room overlooking the schoolyard and a glimspe of the Pantheon. The room was spotlessly clean and it had a bath which enabled us to have a wonderful soak after much walking around Paris. The breakfast seemed even better this year. There is a laundromat directly across the road, which is very handy. The hotel in the Latin Quarter is wonderfully located and the staff were again friendly and always helpful, oh and what a wonderful life Skype the cat has :).

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ValerieStPaul, Responsable commercial at Hotel Saint Paul Rive Gauche, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear Clients,
We thank you very much for your loyalty to our hotel. Consider that it is now your Parisian home. As you said, Skype the cat has a wonderful life. He is spoilt by our guests.
Sometimes, he also goes on vacation by the countryside. :-) He sleeps a lot...Play with children...Lucky him!
Looking forward to meeting you again,
Kind regards
Valerie Benigno
Sales Manager

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was spending a few days in Paris on my way home to Australia after a business trip to London.
The lobby was bright and cheerful and the hotel's pet cat, Skype, an added attraction which made me feel very much at home.
As I was by myself I had a request regarding suitable dining which was quiet and pleasant. The staff were so friendly and helpful which made my stay very pleasant.
I had a room at the back of the hotel which looked across a number of rooftops to a school yard. The room was neat and bright and very well appointed.
I am looking forward to returning if only to play hide and seek with Skype. Many thanks for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: I'm sure that any room at this hotel would be perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
ValerieStPaul, Responsable commercial at Hotel Saint Paul Rive Gauche, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Client,
We thank you very much for your recent visit.
We look forward to meeting you again at the Saint Paul Rive Gauche *** !
Skype likes to hide underneath the big wardrobe behind the reception desk. He will be glad to play with you again too! :-)
Kind regards
Valerie Benigno
Sales Manager

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Saint Paul is a very nice hotel! We felt warmly welcomed by the staff, and they were happy to help us and answer any questions at any time. The rooms were lovely! Very cozy and good looking. The room itself looks very chic, with its old-looking beams in the roof, wich by the way is higher than a typical hotelroom. The bathroom is absolutely perfect. New and clean, and actually quite big. The location of the hotel is also very nice. Just a few minutes walk to the latin quarters cozy streets. The river seine and notre dame is also just about 8-9 minutes walk. I will definitely stay again if returning to paris.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Fiskeoeyvind
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We have stayed at Hotel Saint Paul several times, most recently in July 2012 for 5 nights. The hotel is a typical small Parisian hotel with lots of ambiance. The staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are new and spotless. The location near the Luxembourg Gardens is convenient to most tourist sites (e.g., 15 minute walk to the Louvre, 5 minutes to the bustling Latin Quarter.) The hotel is easily accessible from CDG via the RER B(lue) line and a less than 5 minute walk from the Luxembourg Garden station up St. Michel to M. Rue de Prince. The Odeon metro stop is also close by.
Breakfasts and coffee are good (continental, of course).
There are some excellent restaurants near by (check out La Ferrandaise). A scene from Midnight in Paris was shot next door at Le Polidor (M. 41 Rue de Prince).
The cat adds character.
We'll be back.

Room Tip: We find that the regular rooms are small for couples so we now always book a superior room. Some ro...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GTfromDC
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We chose this hotel to begin our vacation in France and could not have been more pleased. The rooms are clean and charming. The management was accommodating, friendly and efficient. We are returning there to end our vacation and will return in the future without hesitation!

• Stayed: July 2012