Hotel Villa Luxembourg
$230
$163
$149
  • Restaurant
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$164
$1,162
$564
$503
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvavin metro stationgreat locationla coupoleboulevard montparnassedouble glazingminute walkpleasant hotelnice neighborhoodrer bthe hotel staffstayed here for two nightsrestaurants in the areacdg airportbuffet breakfastrooms are smalleiffel towermicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I spent a whole week at Villa Luxembourg, where I had made a reservation long before for a twin room - twin rooms are usually larger than the standard double rooms. I was accompanied by my wife, and we were glad to have a kitchenette, and save on the meals. The surprises came upon the arrival:
(1) The room received seemed large and spacious, but - as the windows were facing a back yard and concrete walls - I asked for another room, on the street side of the building.
(2) The second room was much smaller, of an irregular shape, difficult to describe, with a (locked) door leading to an adjacent room, and one window covered by a curtain and the dressing mirror, very different from what they advertise on their site.
(3) I had to expressly ask for kitchen plates, cups, etc., even a corkscrew (which was finally provided).
(4) There was no breakfast table in the room, so we improvised with the luggage rack and the hotel folder - large enough to hold the coffee cups and breakfast plates (see photo).
(5) Even if the room was done everyday, the bathroom needed more care.
(6) The chamber maid had obviously missed some elementary lessons in behavior: she was using her key to enter the room without even knocking and apologizing afterwards..
(7) It has been three weeks already since I left, and I have not received the receipt yet. The computer was 'out of order' when we checked out.

There are positive aspects, too: the location, the proximity of the metro and bus stations, free internet.

Room Tip: Visit the room before you move in.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Emil_Sirbulescu
guestrelationshdpgrp, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Villa Luxembourg, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for leaving a feedback about your recent stay at the Villa Luxembourg.

First of all, we are glad you enjoyed our great location and the good value of our property.

Therefore, be assured that we have take into account your remarks concerning the housekeeping service in order to ameliorate the quality of our services.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel with good location. The room was small, but clean and even had a small kitchen. Somewhat small bed. Beds and towles changed daily. Big plus for the shower who had lots of warm water and good preassure. Friendly and helpful staff in the reception.

1  Thank Christina H

Dear Christina,

Many thanks for leaving a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Villa Luxembourg.

It is a pleasure to read that you have been satisfied and we really hope to welcome you back as soon as possible.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stay for a few days...no problem at all until last night when we went out for dinner someone came in the room and took one of my daughter s ipad. She cried most of the night. Villa Lux accepted no responsibility.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank chicoJE
guestrelationshdpgrp, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Villa Luxembourg, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for leaving a review about your recent stay at Villa Luxembourg. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed the location and the quality of service.

However, please note that we are not responsible for any valuable object lost in the room. A safe box is available in each room in order to prevent any disappointment.

Do not hesitate to contact us directly for any further information.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the Villa Luxembourg and had a wonderful time. The hotel is in a superb location and the rooms are very quiet despite being on a busy Boulevard. The double glazing excludes the traffic noise, The rooms are a decent size and the beds extremely firm and comfortable. Our only criticism of the rooms is the poor lighting; no central light and even with all possible lights on, it was quite gloomy. We also often had trouble getting into our rooms as the keycards often wouldn't work. However, all rooms have a proper fridge, 2 rings and a microwave which really is a great feature as you can make a hot drink or a snack. I have never had this facility in a hotel before. The staff on Reception are very helpful and spent a lot of time helping us to print off boarding cards. We had a problem and he tried repeatedly to solve it, even phoning Air France for us. The furniture and fittings are dated but for the very reasonable price we paid, we were very satisfied and would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Susan B
guestrelationshdpgrp, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Villa Luxembourg, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review. We are glad to learn you enjoyed your stay at the Villa Luxembourg and the good value of our property.

We look forward to welcome you back as soon as possible.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and found it clean, pretty modern and very good value compared with others available in the same area.

The reviews that say this hotel is terrible seem very unfair and I can only assume they have been written by morons who expect the Ritz but only want to pay for a Travelodge in a city where is hard to find a decent hotel room for a price you're willing to pay.

My best advice is to simply ignore anything that reviews this hotel as less than 3, because it's certainly not below average - on the contrary!!!

It's in a great location near the Rue Vavin exit of the Vavin metro station and close to the beautiful Jardin du Luxembourg. The rooms are quite spacious (for Paris), clean and fairly modern. The wooden panelled corridors might look a bit dated though.

The double glazing kept the room quiet, which isn't always the case in this in this arrondissement. The room had air con and heating. The shower was powerful. The TV was a decent sized Philips LCD.

I was amazed that, as per the reviews, the room had a fridge-freezer, microwave and 2-hob electric cooker. It all looked brand new and very handy if you want to have a night without restaurant food or want to save money. I only used the fridge for drinks. There was a well stocked minibar in the room, which I didn't use because I didn't need to and it was fairly expensive.

I think the hotel seems to be an honest hardworking place. It might not be the best if you're looking for the most romantic place in Paris, but it is a great base.

I found the staff to be quiet but helpful when asked. It seems like they are used to being ignored by guests and like to simply offer the guests space by not constantly asking if you've had a nice day, or checking that you're actually a guest in the hotel. They appear to wait to be spoken to and are very courteous when you do speak to them.

I was worried that I'd made a mistake by booking this place, but was very pleased when I got there.

• Stayed: November 2013