“Good hotel but disappointing technology / WIFI”

Novotel Paris Les Halles
Ranked #389 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This was a convenient city centre hotel for my 1 night in Paris - neat & tidy following the renovation and very friendly staff. Sadly my WIFI / TV experience let the whole thing down

WIFI in my Executive room was erratic (my Samsung S4 kept telling me it was "Wifi is unstable".) Hotel staff tried their best but still could not get it to function. Tried calling the 3rd party Guest Helpline (from Guest-Tek) - which was an international number that despite the instructions in the room could not be reached from the hotel phone...... and when I incurred the cost to dial from my cell phone it just rang and rang and rang. In the end I walked to a nearby Hyatt for my meeting where wifi on my phone worked fine

While I was trying to fix the Wifi I was playing with the TV system - which was pretty to look at but deeply frustratingly slow and my TV crashed (ie shut down) on 3 occasions within 5 minutes as I moved through the menu structure ...I just gave up

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
NovotellesHalles, General Manager Assistant Novotel Paris Les Halles at Novotel Paris Les Halles, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear guest,

I am happy and sorry about your comments.

I am happy because you enjoyed your accommodation as well as the friendliness of our staff.

However, I am really sorry that you encountered several problems with the wifi and TV in the hotel. Please know that these problems have been resolved since.

We hope this has not stained so much the name of our hotel as well as the Novotel brand.

We sincerely hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Helpfull personel, and very good location.
The rooms are a litle bit small than you will expect and the cleaning of the rooms are not so good...
The location is really good and just in front of one of the main entrence to the biggest metro station of paris, Les Halles. The breakfast is enough, just you have to know that you will wait in the queue almost 5-10 minuts. Don't try to go there by car it will be catastrophic for you...

Room Tip: try to choice the room opposite side of the entrence of Metro le Halles, and 4th 5th floor will be b...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
NovotellesHalles, General Manager Assistant at Novotel Paris Les Halles, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel Paris Les Halles for your stay in Paris and for taking the time to share your feedbacks on Tripadvisor.

I am really sorry to read that you were not fully satisfied by our establishment and the quality of our services. Please be assured that I have taken good note of all your comments they help us to improve our services.

Trusting you will give us another chance to welcome you in a most pleasant way and that you will consider our hotel for your next visit to Paris.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed here from 23rd -28th March with my Daughter & Grandchildren.
Great Hotel 25mins from CDG airport in Taxi 60 euros.
Brilliant Breakfast
Quite central for sights we managed to walk to Arc De Triumph no problem lots of nice shops and souviner shops as well
Only downside 2 large beers in hotel bar 17 euros but that's Paris but lots of bars & Cafe's in area with Happy Hour.
Even Watched the Manchester Derby in the Irish Bar and had fantastic steak & chips about 12 euros.

Room Tip: Some rooms were like suites we had a Queen sized bed and 2 singles no problem for of us. Only probl...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
NovotellesHalles, Assistante de Direction at Novotel Paris Les Halles, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel Paris Les Halles for your visit to Paris and for taking the time to share your tips with other travellers. We appreciate that.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to the Novotel Paris les Halles.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Despite my rating, I have many positive things to say about this hotel. The hotel is in a good location very close to a Metro and RER station. The rooms were large (especially by European standards), seemed newly renovated, and were clean and comfortable. The showers were nice rain showers and there were nice amenities in the bathroom. The staff was incredibly kind and helpful.

The negative to this hotel is the noise….and I am not referencing the construction noise (although we did hear this as well). This hotel is in an area where many young people are out at night and they are extremely loud. We were literally awakened at all hours of the night hearing street noises. Our room was on the 4th floor - I'm not sure how much a higher floor would help, but if you stay at this hotel, I'd say top floor is a must if you want to sleep.

Room Tip: A top floor is a must in an effort to get some quiet, but I'm not sure it will help.

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for such good and positive comments regarding your recent stay with us and for having chosen our hotel for your Parisian getaway.

I apologize for the noise you heard during the night. We do have much quieter areas inside the hotel and we would be very glad to place you in one of these rooms in the future.

We sincerely look forward to receiving you again at the Novotel Paris les Halles.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have been coming here for years as it remains the best location in the city, on top of several
metro lines including a direct to the airports. The new bedrooms are really quite excellent considering what you often get in this city. Finally a hotel room with plenty of light, and the
TV system has a super quality with HD and English channel choices. Some excellent mid priced restaurants, brasseries and bars in the area chain and local eateries. Windows that open for
some fresh air at night, and extra sound proofing if you want peace and quiet. Rarely that you
get a mid range hotel so comfortable. Staff was always ready to lend a hand. I will be back again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel facing St Eustache and on a higher floor are the best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've been planning a surprise present for my wife with her birthday coming up, taking her to Paris. She used to live in Paris for many years and ever since leaving, she never ceases to talk about Paris and wanting to come back. I've researched her old neighborhood, Hotel De ville and decided to find a decent place to stay. All marks, websites, reviews pointed me to Novotel Paris Les Halles. The location is quite great, next to the big Les Halles Metro station with the huge forum mall, 5-10m away from Hotel De Ville by walk, centre pompidou, rue de rivoli, le seine, notre dame...le marais...it's all there. The hotel was quite nice, with very courteous staff that offered help whenever they could. The breakfast although not included(10 Euros) was quite surprising with a big buffet and big variety(The Spanish hostess was very kind). The room was also very nice, with a great shower room(both a bath and a shower douche), big window, tv with loads of channels, a nice table to work on and a small sofa. The bed was very comfortable. There's also a mini bar and a coffee machine(pods). The only problem I could find, was the noise coming from the renovation outside(metro station)and inside the hotel. Yet, it didn't really bother us. Coming back at the end of each day, we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Try to go for a view that's not inside the courtyard
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

First of all, thank you so much for such positive comments regarding our hotel not only for its location, but also for our services.

We are indeed glad that you had a lovely time with your spouse while here.

Comments like yours motivate us all the more to be always striving to satisfy your clients.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon at the Novotel Paris les Halles!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com