“Accor you must be joking”

Novotel Paris Les Halles
Ranked #424 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portugal
“Accor you must be joking”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The first thing you need to know about this hotel is despite the improved privileges Accor now offer to their gold members Les Halle's are not complying. The smirking staff at the desk get great pleasure in saying the computer says no!, initially one would believe this is purely a training issue, but on closer observation it is clear that these rules are higher management driven. The result is it places their staff under a lot of pressure and makes their most loyal customers write negative reviews. My punishment for asking for my privileges was a room that stunk of cigarette smoke. On refusing, because my reservation was a non-smoking room I was given another room directly over the lobby. This was a bad move, because at 1.00am a number of women were fighting outside and one woman was evening urinating on the ground. AT 4.00am another fight broke out and this time I went to the reception asking them to call the police, I was told we cannot sir they will only break our windows. I am sure if the youths were not causing problems outside this hotel would be a lot more comfortable. At breakfast I waited around 30 minutes for a table despite a number of tables being free, staff shortage was the excuse. In conclusion if you are an Accor member stay away and if you are a tourist you might be ok if the idiots don' t appear during the night. I only stayed their for one night and had a more pleasurable time at the Novotel Gare De Lyon for the rest of my stay.

Room Tip: Room directly opposite lobby
2 Thank lightyear40
NovotellesHalles, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Les Halles, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel Paris Les Halles for your stay in Paris and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am really sorry to read that you were not fully satisfied by our establishment and the quality of our services. I have taken good note of your comments on our staff and shall not fail to forward them in order to avoid such incident in the future.
I agree with you, this type of behavior is unacceptable and it does not represent in any way the quality of service for which our hotel is known. Once again, I do apologize and also on behalf of the entire staff of the Novotel Paris les Halles.

If you come to Paris and ever decide to give us another chance, please contact me directly at h0785-am@accor.com I will be delighted to receive you and make sure your stay will be a more convenient one for you.
I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Novotel Paris les Halles.

Julien Donzel, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located next to the rail lines and many attractions. The rooms were clean, comfortable and modern. I did not experience any issues with noise although construction was taking place in the surrounding area. Staff was pleasant and helpful. I would certainly recommend this location and stay there in the future. Only negative is breakfast is not included with stay and cheaper alternatives are found steps away.

Room Tip: ASk for a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank doogie28
NovotellesHalles, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Les Halles, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel Paris Les Halles for your stay in Paris and for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers.

It is true that Les Halles are going through major renovations and we are doing our best to reduce the noise and welcome our guest in a most pleasant atmosphere. I am pleased to see that despite these works you enjoyed our central location and you had a nice time with us.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to the Novotel Paris les Halles.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had pre booked our accomodation on the Novotel website six months in advance and pre purchased a Executive room I even emailed the Manager a week before who ensured me that it was booked upon arrival we were told we had not had this room allocated and it would be sorted the very next day. Once we packed all of our belongings for our room change which we had pre paid for on our return from our adventures in Paris we were told there was no Executive room available. Very dissapointed

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 1Grayfamily4
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Paris and for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

I am really sorry to read that you were not fully satisfied by the quality of our services. I have taken good note of your comments and I am disappointed by the incident happened.

Please be assured that I will forward all your comments to the concerned service in order to avoid such incident again.

Trusting you will not hold this against us and that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you again to the Novotel Paris les Halles.

Belgium
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Perfect location in the heart of Paris. Very convenient for Business meeting due to easy access with metro and RER.

Meeting rooms are well appointed, restaurant serves good quality food.
Room was ok but needed some renovation works.

Overall good stay.

1 Thank The_thiel
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to see that you had a nice time with us and enjoyed our central location together with the quality of our services. However, I have duly noted all your remarks; they help us to improve our services.

New York NY
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The hotel is not charminmg but the location is perfect for me as I think the RER train could be the best way to avoid trafficc from/to the airport (RER Les Halles is 2 min walking distance). I was there for business but the situation is excellent for tourist, walking distance to the Marais, rue Montorgeuil, ...

Be aware that they are a LOT of building work around the hotel for the moment. It was not a problem for me but could be a problem for you, especially if you are tourist. A major project is on the way to renovate "Les Halles".

As a Platinum member with the Accor fidelity program, I was upgraded to a renovated junor suite with a really original and pleasant layout. Really nice rooftop view. Make sure you have a refurnished room.

Don't take the breakfast at the hotel, you will find so many nicer and more a Parisian cafes to have your "cafe creme and croissants" just next door.

The hotel could be a bit expensive for a Novotel but in my case I was really pleased with the result and was lucky with my upgrade.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a high floor Make sure you have a refurnihed new room Be carefull for the constr...
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to share detailed comments on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to see that you had a nice time with us and enjoyed our central location together with the quality of our services. I am sure your tips will help lots of travellers.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Novotel Paris les Halles.

Brisbane
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here Mid-march. Very close to Les Halles metro. A great location to get around - either by walking or catching the Metro. Quite easy to get to straight from CDG Airport.

Concierge was very helpful and so were the staff. We arrived quite early for check in - arrived 9.30am when check in was about 2pm. Staff pleasantly were already able to check us in.

Stayed here for 2 nights. We booked the executive room with breakfast. The room was quite big - standard. Before arriving I was expecting a small room considering I had read so many reviews about small rooms all over Paris. But the size of the room was standard if not reasonably good size. It had 2 sofas and easily fit our 2 big luggages in their wardrobe area. Bed was comfy, bathroom and other amenities were clean and modern.

Breakfast was so-so. Food was delicious, however there wasn't much variety.

Would definitely come back and stay here again. Prices were reasonable and it was quite close to the metro. Comfortable to walk from the hotel all the way to the Pantheon. But was way too far for the Tour Eiffel. Its practically down the road from the louvre. You can pass many boulangeries and restaurants on your way. I had a lovely stay here and would definitely recommend this to those who want to be close to a metro.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank At_the_border
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel Paris Les Halles for you recent stay in Paris and for taking the time to write detailed comments on TripAdvisor.

I am really glad to read that you enjoyed our services and our central location.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Novotel Paris les Halles.