“Lies from the moment we entered”

Novotel Paris Les Halles
Ranked #396 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had pre booked our accomodation on the Novotel website six months in advance and pre purchased a Executive room I even emailed the Manager a week before who ensured me that it was booked upon arrival we were told we had not had this room allocated and it would be sorted the very next day. Once we packed all of our belongings for our room change which we had pre paid for on our return from our adventures in Paris we were told there was no Executive room available. Very dissapointed

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 1Grayfamily4
NovotellesHalles, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Les Halles, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Paris and for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

I am really sorry to read that you were not fully satisfied by the quality of our services. I have taken good note of your comments and I am disappointed by the incident happened.

Please be assured that I will forward all your comments to the concerned service in order to avoid such incident again.

Trusting you will not hold this against us and that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you again to the Novotel Paris les Halles.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Paris Les Halles

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Perfect location in the heart of Paris. Very convenient for Business meeting due to easy access with metro and RER.

Meeting rooms are well appointed, restaurant serves good quality food.
Room was ok but needed some renovation works.

Overall good stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank The_thiel

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to see that you had a nice time with us and enjoyed our central location together with the quality of our services. However, I have duly noted all your remarks; they help us to improve our services.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to the Novotel Paris les Halles.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The hotel is not charminmg but the location is perfect for me as I think the RER train could be the best way to avoid trafficc from/to the airport (RER Les Halles is 2 min walking distance). I was there for business but the situation is excellent for tourist, walking distance to the Marais, rue Montorgeuil, ...

Be aware that they are a LOT of building work around the hotel for the moment. It was not a problem for me but could be a problem for you, especially if you are tourist. A major project is on the way to renovate "Les Halles".

As a Platinum member with the Accor fidelity program, I was upgraded to a renovated junor suite with a really original and pleasant layout. Really nice rooftop view. Make sure you have a refurnished room.

Don't take the breakfast at the hotel, you will find so many nicer and more a Parisian cafes to have your "cafe creme and croissants" just next door.

The hotel could be a bit expensive for a Novotel but in my case I was really pleased with the result and was lucky with my upgrade.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a high floor Make sure you have a refurnihed new room Be carefull for the constr...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to share detailed comments on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to see that you had a nice time with us and enjoyed our central location together with the quality of our services. I am sure your tips will help lots of travellers.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Novotel Paris les Halles.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here Mid-march. Very close to Les Halles metro. A great location to get around - either by walking or catching the Metro. Quite easy to get to straight from CDG Airport.

Concierge was very helpful and so were the staff. We arrived quite early for check in - arrived 9.30am when check in was about 2pm. Staff pleasantly were already able to check us in.

Stayed here for 2 nights. We booked the executive room with breakfast. The room was quite big - standard. Before arriving I was expecting a small room considering I had read so many reviews about small rooms all over Paris. But the size of the room was standard if not reasonably good size. It had 2 sofas and easily fit our 2 big luggages in their wardrobe area. Bed was comfy, bathroom and other amenities were clean and modern.

Breakfast was so-so. Food was delicious, however there wasn't much variety.

Would definitely come back and stay here again. Prices were reasonable and it was quite close to the metro. Comfortable to walk from the hotel all the way to the Pantheon. But was way too far for the Tour Eiffel. Its practically down the road from the louvre. You can pass many boulangeries and restaurants on your way. I had a lovely stay here and would definitely recommend this to those who want to be close to a metro.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank At_the_border

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel Paris Les Halles for you recent stay in Paris and for taking the time to write detailed comments on TripAdvisor.

I am really glad to read that you enjoyed our services and our central location.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Novotel Paris les Halles.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed November 5, 2013

The plus points

1) Location is perfect for any tourist, easy walking distance of many sights, lots of restaurants etc, perfect for metro access too. Above all else, this is what would make me come back
2) Service - I like the staff (pleasant and helpful), nice touches at breakfast (the queues are a pain, but the kids entertainment is a real plus)
3) Comfortable - slept well in comfortable beds.

In my view, the above satisfies what I'm looking for but...

Negatives

1) Rooms are basic/functional and clean - I think this is only to be expected for a non-luxury busy hotel in a prime location in big city, but the lack of addressing of basic wear and tear is inexcusable.
2) Too hot and the a/c doesn't work meaning we slept with the windows open in cold weather - unecessary and a pain during the outside building work which (as in previous reviews) meant being disturbed at 6am each morning.
3) General impression of the hotel being overloaded - inadequate lift service, lots of waiting, one lift often out of order (waits even when it worked), queue for breakfast, minor issues not addressed

Overall, I'd return, but we visited on a deal. For the advertised price at the hotel (250 euros + per room) I'd look elsewhere before being certain of doing so. One tip - if you don't know the area, wander over to the Rue Montorgeuil (near the church).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel Paris Les Halles for your stay in Paris and for taking the time to share detailed feedbacks on TripAdvisor.

It is true that Les Halles are going through major renovations and we are doing our utmost to reduce the noise. Unfortunately, I understand you were disturb by these works and did not really like your stay with us. I have taken good note of all your comments, they help us to improve our services.

Trusting you will not hold this against us and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to the Novotel Paris les Halles.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

A disappointing hotel. On arrival we were allocated a lower grade room than we had booked and paid for. After complaining I was given the room I had paid for however there is major building work going on just outside and we were woken every morning at 6am prompt to the drilling noises outside. The toilet in the room smelt like a public facility and was not pleasant. The rooms are small and not really adequate if you are staying as a family for more than one night. I am sure there will be nicer places to stay in Paris.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank C C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel Paris Les Halles for your stay in Paris and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to read that you did not really enjoy your stay with us. It is true that Les Halles are going through major renovations and we are doing our best to reduce the noise and to welcome our guest in a most pleasant atmosphere. Please be assured that I have duly noted all your comments, they help us to improve our services.

I hope that this has not altered the image of our establishment and that you will consider our hotel for your next visit to Paris.