Being in Paris, we didn't spend a ton of time in the hotel, so this review doesn't include the spa, pool, or restaurant.
We booked the hotel through Priceline, choosing an express deal that guaranteed a 4 star hotel in this area of Paris. It wasn't even listed on Priceline so I had no idea this is what we'd be getting, and after reading reviews here, we were a bit wary and disappointed but the hotel didn't disappoint.
Prior to checking in, we requested that we get a renovated room and we received what I believe was a Superior room. The room was nice, with a queen bed, a flatscreen television, remodeled bathroom, and separate remodeled WC. The bathroom had an electric towel heater, the room had a safe, a sitting area, and a desk, and really high ceilings. In a way, it reminded me of the Palace hotel in San Francisco (which is considered a five-star) but a little more run-down feeling. The room could have used a new coat of paint, and it would have been great. Besides that, the bed was ok in comfort (I wasn't a fan of the pillows, but I like my soft down pillows, and these were foam), and it was clean overall. It really was a pretty good size as I was expecting a tiny room akin to NYC rooms. The rest of the hotel was pretty average. Nothing screamed luxury, but the staff was friendly and everything was clean.
The concierge was really great. Never having been to Paris, but getting recommendations from friends, he was able to book us into two restaurants for dinner before we arrived. We were able to get Louvre and Opera house tickets directly from him, and he gave very helpful advice in terms of visiting museums, and sites in the city. He was even able to call and get us a last minute reservation at Le Jules Verne in the Eiffel tower, which was a once in a lifetime experience. Excellent service and extremely friendly and helpful.
Location was great! Right next to Vendome, across from Jardin de Tuileries, a block away from the Louvre, walking distance to the Opera house, and across the street from the Metro, it really was ideal for us. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to, metro everywhere else, and have shopping right next to us! There were restaurants everywhere, and a bike share stand a minute away. I would recommend this location to anybody visiting Paris, and the number of hotels in the area prove this is the spot to be.
Overall, while it felt closer to 3.5, and not really 4 star as a hotel, the location and concierge service really made this hotel shine. I would come back and stay here again, and really enjoyed our time in Paris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Paris, member of Great Hotels of the World and the chain Les Hotels France Patrimoine, Saint James & Albany Hotel-Spa offers 194 rooms and suites in a XVIIth century Establishment. Mainly overlooking inner garden and courtyards, this 4 stars Hotel is a real haven of peace in the centre of the French capital. Thanks to its first bio Parisian SPA**** and its wonderful indoor pool, the atmosphere of this Hotel is very relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Saint James Albany Hotel-Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint James & Albany Hotel Paris
- Saint James And Albany Hotel-Spa
- Clarion Paris
- Saint James & Albany Hotel Spa