We have stayed at the St. James and Albany four or five times and I have reviewed it before. It has so many positive elements but still cannot hold it together and is making little progress.
The location on the Rue de Rivoli is first class. The check-in is efficient and polite. The public rooms are magnificent, the courtyards beautiful, the spa is outstanding, the bar is pleasant - though perhaps a little dull. However, the bed rooms and suites are rather sterile and dull. Where are the pictures and elements that make a hotel special. The bathrooms are luxurious but cramped. Staff do not brief guests properly on their rooms - the light controls, the windows, security etc. The food is worse than negligible and not good value.
This could be one of Paris' great hotels. It isn't and sadly, we will not be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Paris, member of Great Hotels of the World and the chain Les Hotels France Patrimoine, Saint James & Albany Hotel-Spa offers 194 rooms and suites in a XVIIth century Establishment. Mainly overlooking inner garden and courtyards, this 4 stars Hotel is a real haven of peace in the centre of the French capital. Thanks to its first bio Parisian SPA**** and its wonderful indoor pool, the atmosphere of this Hotel is very relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Saint James Albany Hotel-Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint James & Albany Hotel Paris
- Saint James And Albany Hotel-Spa
- Clarion Paris
- Saint James & Albany Hotel Spa