We arrived into the Gare du Nord at about 10:30 on Friday and taxied down to the Hotel so arrived about 11pm. Friendly smiles from night staff but soon turned into a difficult arrival as we had 200 euro charged to my Amex rather than approved. while trying to sort that out my wife went to our room and found a woman drying her hair! Existing the lift we found a poorly decorated hallway with paint stains on the carpet and thresholds, to fussy you say? Well when you pay £320 a night for a 4 star hotel room you expect a certain level of overall finish. My wife ask the night manager to come and see ( after we had been allocated another room) what we were disappointed in his comment on the condition of the hallway was " well you have rented this area, it is not your room" .
We felt that we had been shoved into a half refurbished part of the hotel as the common parts and entrance area are 4star quality. Our rooms ( our daughter and a friend were with us) were tired and the carpet needed cleaning
Breakfast was disappointing as our daughter asked for poached eggs which cost extra and took 20 mins to arrive ( tasted good though). Breakfast is not 22 euros worth either.
The location is great and the Concierge staff couldn't be more helpful but I think the main reception staff need some better training, we left our luggage at the reception desk and asked for a taxi at 3:30. The girl behind the desk dining seem to be concentrating and we fond out later she had organised a taxi for 2:30 which they appeared to want us to pay for although the concierge seemed unwilling to push it.
Over all we had a good weekend but it could have been better if the refurbishment that is going on was of a standard and we had a better superior room ( maybe it because we book through lastminute I don't know)
Won't be going back. Even if it cost more to stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Paris, member of Great Hotels of the World and the chain Les Hotels France Patrimoine, Saint James & Albany Hotel-Spa offers 194 rooms and suites in a XVIIth century Establishment. Mainly overlooking inner garden and courtyards, this 4 stars Hotel is a real haven of peace in the centre of the French capital. Thanks to its first bio Parisian SPA**** and its wonderful indoor pool, the atmosphere of this Hotel is very relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Saint James Albany Hotel-Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint James & Albany Hotel Paris
- Saint James And Albany Hotel-Spa
- Clarion Paris
- Saint James & Albany Hotel Spa