Hotel Cambon
Ranked #270 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights for our 25th anniversary- splurged with a small suite which included champagne & chocolates/nuts on arrival and continental (amazingly substantial, fresh, and tasty!) breakfast included. I cannot believe how ALL the staff (porters/concierge/breakfast cook/desk staff) went out of their way to make our stay so pleasurable!! (my limited high school French was not even needed and their sightseeing advice was so helpful) Beautiful views from our small balconies in our bathroom and bedroom which were both quite spacious and lovely. Great location within walking distance to almost everything on the right bank. Would love to return during the springtime..... Fabulous Experience!!

Room Tip: 7th (top) floor suite was very charming!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beth1062
cambonParis, Manager at Hotel Cambon, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your warm message that goes straight to all my colleagues .
I'm glad you had a great time at the Cambon .
My team and myself always try to give the best to all of our guests and we accept your compliments as a reward.
with the pleasure to see you again very soon
Isabelle FROUIN HATTE -Manager

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights at Hotel Cambon on a busines trip. I go regularly to Paris for business, and always stay in hotels in that area, but they were all full this time.

The reception area is actually quite welcoming, and the service there decent. From there, it all went downhill.
The hallways were dark, small and had a strange smell. The light was not working on that day. The rooms are incredibly small, even compared to similar hotels in the area. Literally a Bed, with no real working space, and just enough space for a little table next between the bed and the wall. There was a jar with candies in it, and I saw ants next to it at some point. The room decor is stylish, but getting quite old. The bed was not particularly comfortable, but OK. The bathroom was decent, although it was separated from the room by a very annoying step.

Breaksfast was below what is served in similar hotels around the corner. The choice was there, but the quality of the bread and the viennoiseries was rather poor.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel. There are many 4-star hotels around the area for similar prices that offer better comfort.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Bel20
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I visit Paris regularly and have used several similar hotels in the same area. I have never been dissatisfied but none have measured up to the Cambon although it is just a little more expensive than those I have used previously. This is, for me, the most desirable part of Paris and the Cambon is right there a handy walk from all you need to get to.

It is very tastefully decorated in a modern style and has high service standards with staff presenting a happy, helpful image and following up on that. My room was quite small but clean, well equipped, nicely decorated and comfortable for a single occupant. The street outside can be noisy but the double glazed windows provide insulation from that and the A/C coped quite adequately during some hot August evenings. I will almost certainly return to the Cambon on future visits.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank paulhamilton
Reviewed August 21, 2012

staff: the staff were very helpful and accommodating.
hotel: lobby was ok, elevators could only accommodate 2 persons. so if you have a luggage, you have to go up one at a time. hallways were really small and had a weird smell.
room: our room was nice. with lively colors and a clean bed and bathroom. the room was small we could barely open our luggage. the good part was there was a small balcony where we can smoke.
value and location: expensive. the rates were quite high considering there was no free breakfast and wifi. location was good. we were near the train station and near restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Let's start with the good news. The location is fantastic -- right near the Jardin des Tuileries -- making this hotel an ideal base for exploring Paris on foot. I also have to agree with other reviewers that the staff were generally pleasant and welcoming.

But the issue here is value -- both in terms of the room, and the level of service provided.

We booked to stay for three nights in a "superior" room at a cost of €297 a night. The hotel charged the full amount for the three nights to my credit card immediately I had booked. This did not include breakfast (a further €22 per night per person).

The room was described as having "a large bathroom". But on arrival we found that this was simply not true; there was a small bathroom with a shower, and no bath. The bedroom was nicely decorated, but again it was small and not what you would expect for the price.

The service was also patchy. On our first day we returned to our room at 14.30 to find that it had not yet been made up. When we came to check-out at 08.30 on the last day, there was no sign of any receptionist so one of the waiters had to step in (a bit like Manuel taking over from Basil in "Fawlty Towers"!).

One further indignity: wi-fi was charged at €17 per day. In this day and age most four-star hotels offer this free.

None of this would matter very much if we had been paying €100 a night. But at nearly €300 -- excluding breakfast, wi-fi and parking -- it really is a rip-off.

I have stayed in lots of hotels in central Paris over the years, but I'm afraid I won't be staying at Hotel Cambon again any time soon.

Room Tip: The best rooms can be found at another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Victor V
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had the unfortunate to visit this hotel. Entered the room and laid down on the bed, starting having some of the complimentaries candies of the hotel..first one nice, second one nice, i open the third one and show ants coming out of it..antsssss...went down to complain, no measure was taken..next morning the concierge woke me up at 6.30 instead of 7.30.. When i woke up, i saw next to the bowl with the candies, even more ants.... The reaction from the hotel was to just upgrade me to a junior suite for the remaining nights...very dissapointed with the hotel and how they approached the topic...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Greg K
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We pay special attention to your comment like during your stay. Indeed we have considered your complaint immediately in order to change rooms for the rest of your stay. We've upgraded to a junior suite with no extra charge. We immediately made arrangements by calling our pest control company who confirmed that a plant located on the balcony of the room you were in, attracted ants. We immediately removed the plant.
Regarding the wrong time you wake up, please accept our apologies. We asked our receptionist who is on duty for more than 25 years who said he noted 6.30 am. I think there was a misunderstanding and will ensure the future what it has not renewed. We always try to provide the best service to our customers and will be careful that this inconvenience does not recur.
We regret that you did not keep a good impression of your visit here and hope to see you again to give you complete satisfaction on your next stay in Paris.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

For a group of artists Hotel Cambon was the perfect place to stay. It is beautifully decorated with a love of art. The staff was attentive, caring and wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends