“Outstanding location with full amenities”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Anne W
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Outstanding location with full amenities”
Reviewed October 17, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

The unit was very comfortable, well lit and well outfitted. If you wish to do any cooking, it's very well equipped. Phone available for calls to many locations. Owner extremely helpful with suggestions and she arranged an excellent, great value limo to the airport without us even having to request it. Although a 16-17th century building, the kitchen and bathroom are 21st Century! Very clean.

Date of stay: October 2016
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Oct 18, 2016
Bonsoir Anne, and thank you for all your praise. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed Paris, the area, the apartment and my services. Happy that you got your flight on time, I will forward your thanks to Wilfrid the taxi driver. I know you like to cook so happy you were satisfied with equipment. and shops in the neighborhood. I also want to thank you for the good care you took of the apartment. I wish you an good end of year 2016, hope to stay in contact once in a while. Do not forget that I'll always be happy to host you again with special "pampering " treat.
Martinn
readytotr...
New Bern, NC
“Totally wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed October 17, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

I have rented many, many apartments and this has been the best experience.

First, the location! It's in a pedestrian zone so you aren't assaulted by fumes the second you set foot on the street. Then there are all those restaurants and food shops steps away and Martinn leaves a list of her favorite haunts so you will feel like an insider right away. Next, its proximity to so many sights... Louvre, Pompidou, Marais, the galleries. Great bus and metro connections if you want to go farther afield. Martinn has bookshelves full of travel guides, metro/bus maps, cookbooks, videos, and even novels if you want a quiet evening at home reading. There's a TV for catching up with home news and even a phone that may be used for local and international calls. Martinn has thought of EVERYTHING.

Martinn wants your time in Paris to be magical and she will happily share ideas, or quickest ways to access the sights you wish, or answer any other questions...either via phone or email. I felt more like I was visiting a loving relative than just someone trying to make some money by renting an apartment to strangers. Ask her to make arrangements back to the airport and you will be whisked away in style. She provided a breakfast that was enough for two days for us. It was waiting for us when we arrived so we didn't have to scramble right out and find sustenance.

You will love Martinn. Believe me, when you leave, you feel as if you are leaving a dear friend behind and want to return soon to see her.

I hope my review isn't so glowing that when I do want to return it, it will be totally booked out. That would be sad.

Date of stay: October 2016
Liked best: the hostess Martinn
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Oct 18, 2016
Bonsoir Linda,
WOW !!!! What else to say after such review ? You got my philosophy 300% : business yes but not only. I love "my job" , my guests, and when they are satisfied, I feel 100% energized. I try to give to others what I like to find when I travel : welcoming and helpful hosts.
So If I was any help to make this trip with your sister, an "unforgettable" one, you cannot imagine how happy I feel.
I look forward to hosting you again with your husband. And I agree with you when you left, I felt like a friend was leaving but "ce n'est qu'un au-revoir".
Merci beaucoup et à bientôt, Martinn
BostonBir...
Boston
“Excellent experience -- pieds–à–terre in Paris”
Reviewed July 13, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We have stayed in many flats and hotels around Europe and the US, and this was by far the most convenient, comfortable and hospitable stay we have had. This was our first vacation in Paris.

The apartment is just lovely, and has every amenity you could possibly need. It's in the heart of one of the most charming and exciting neighborhoods in Paris. There are many dozens of marvelous restaurants and boutique shops within steps of your front door. You're situated between the Louvre and Le Marais -- both are short walks (10-15 minutes) from the apt. The Metro and bus stops are extremely close as well.

Martinn has thought about everything, is incredibly well organized, and is highly communicative. She helped us make the right arrangements to and from the airport, and made outstanding recommendations of all kinds (restaurants, galleries, general tips) that helped us save time and frustration.

Martinn is an accomplished chef, and she prepared a memorable dinner for us (all organic ingredients) that we reheated the evening we arrived. She provided an excellent bottle of wine as well. After seven hours on the plane, and more in line at the airport, this was the perfect introduction to Parisian cuisine.

She also provided French coffee, greek yogurt, granola and other breakfast -- just marvelous. I do wish she'd open her own restaurant.

We would most certainly return, and plan to as soon as possible. Merci mille fois, Martinn!

Claire & Jeff Vail

Date of stay: July 2016
Liked best: Martinn's kindness, Paris itself, the charming Parisians
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Jul 14, 2016
Dear Claire and Jeff, I am so happy to read your comment. So happy you found I was helpful and you loved my cuisine.
I also enjoyed the "apéro" shared with my friend Betty discussing about British romantic literature...Sounds very intellectual, but actually the wine and nibbles in the covered Passage des Panoramas was a great part of the pleasure.
You are very energetic, curious, positive and you took great care of the apartment. So I'd recommend you to any owner in the world.
Until next and hoping your daughter Olivia will let you come back.Looking forward to sharing more of Paris in a near future. Thanks again for being such great guests Martinn
762milaa
“Don't look any further!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

What a fantastic find!! We stayed in this apartment for 10 days, and enjoyed every single of them!! Apartment was spotless clean and very well equipped. We felt like it was home away from home!! Everything is within walking distance, and neighborhood is very nice and safe! Martinn is a great host,truly rare find!! Super easy to communicate, always available and helpful!! We felt very welcomed, she cooked us gourmet dinner on arrival and also left us breakfast. Everything was homemade and delicious!! We definitely would recommend to all our friend to stay at Martinn's , and we will stay there for sure our next tine in Paris!! Thank you Martinn!!

Date of stay: May 2016
Liked best: Dinner on arrival and next morning breakfast. Location
Liked least: Nothing!!!
Older travelers
Jun 2, 2016
Thank you Mila and Stan, it has been a pleasure to host such foodies - appreciative of strong cheese from Savoie and typical French food- , curious, open minded. Your "to do" and to see" list for your next visit is ready, more off the beaten path now that you have "done" the basics. In the meantime, enjoy your jobs and opportunities until we meet again. I am looking forward to it, and love your "likes" on Facebook once in a while.
rmwoodPho...
phoenix arizona
“Incredible service and location!”
Reviewed May 23, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Not sure what I can add to what has already been said by so many others. Our 16 night stay at Martinn's was the most enjoyable that we have experienced in the past 30 years of traveling and staying in B&B's and apartment rentals. Everything about it was perfect. First of all, we loved the location. Wandering around Rue Montorgueil, Rue Montmartre, and Rue d'Argout-what a great neighborhood! As much as we enjoyed all of the usual sights and museums and monuments of Paris, we loved all of the shops and cafes and the energy of this neighborhood the most. We never got tired of it. Yet it was only a short 10 minute walk to The Louvre, Palais Royale, and many, many equally amazing sights. We walked everywhere from the apartment, including to the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame several times. For those that prefer not to walk, there are several Metro locations nearby to take you to any part of the city in no time.
The apartment itself was very comfortable and full of all of the amenities that anyone could wish for. Even though it is located in the heart of a very lively neighborhood it was perfectly quiet once inside the courtyard. The apartment is also filled with many helpful books and notes and suggestions about local eateries and shops.

What sets this rental apart from all others which we have experienced is the level of service that Martinn provides. For several months before we arrived in Paris Martinn was available to answer all of my questions via email. During this time Martinn provided us with all kinds of information and suggestions as to how to make our stay more comfortable and less stressful. By the time we arrived in Paris it felt like we were meeting up with a friend. It has been well documented by previous renters as to the quality of the first night meal and first breakfast that Martinn provides. I wasn't prepared for the a practically full refrigerator though. This was truly one of our favorite meals in over 3 weeks of eating out in Paris. I would also highly recommend taking a guided walk with Martinn. She took us through the neighborhood and introduced us to many of the shopkeepers while at the same time giving us a lesson in the history of the area. We really enjoyed our time with such a passionate, knowledgeable guide/host. We will most definitely be staying here again the next time we visit Paris! Thanks you so much, Martinn!

Date of stay: April 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The host, the service provided, and the location.
Liked least: leaving
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
May 25, 2016
Dearest Carol and Roy,
If you appreciated my services and help, I am so happy ! If it made a difference, made you feel at home in Paris, made you discover the real Paris for Parisian, the foodscape, I am so happy !
You were able to stroll the streets when sunny and then more indoors activities with museums when the weather was not so nice, I am so happy !
You've been wonderful guests, curious, open-minded, you did not take everything for granted, you were excellent at responding to emails, the relationship went both ways : I am so happy !
I am so happy that you, your family, and friends are welcome with a token of my recognition.
I hope that family and jobs did not gulp all of your time upon return, that the little souvenir booklet will help you remember this trip until the next one.
Thank you for writing this long and wonderful, thoughtful comment. Thank you so much Carol and Roy.
Travelble...
Galveston Island, Texas
“The only place we will stay in Paris in the future.”
Reviewed March 10, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

You always hope the pictures and the write ups on these rentals are close to what they are really like. Martine's (owner) apartment is so much more than the description and the pictures do not do it justice. By the time you enter the courtyard, you realize you have chosen the perfect place to stay in Paris. Martine is waiting for you inside the apartment which is warm and cozy and has absolutely everything you could possibly need while on vacation. The most valuable part of the stay is Martine!! She knows and loves her city with a passion and truly enjoys hosting her visitors. Her cooking is beyond great. We chose to have our dinner the 2nd night we were there. We had been out all day and were so tired when we got "home." We opened the door and there was a beautiful dinner with wine and flowers. Find that at a hotel!!! The neighborhood is amazing to a girl from Texas. Everything was right there. You didn't need a car or any transportation but your feet. We went out each day and found what we wanted to eat and bought our dinners and breakfasts like locals. Taking Martine's advice, we shopped like pros and took our purchases home and ate and drank wine and had a blast! Martine made sure we knew everything we needed to know along with tips and suggestions. When the time came to leave, she arranged our cab to the train station and made sure it was a very smooth departure. I know these comments are repeats of other's comments, but truly, this is the most perfect place you can stay in Paris. We have stayed in hotels and other apartments in Paris but this place is on a whole different level of convenience and warmth. I can promise you we will never stay any place else when we return. Why when you have found the perfect place!!?? Thank you Martine for everything you helped us with and hope your back is better. Take care of yourself and please stay in touch. Maybe we will be able to see Viet Nam some day!!!

Wanda and Mark Grunwell
Galveston, Texas USA

Date of stay: February 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was so quiet! We kept sleeping late because it was so quiet!
Liked least: It sounds corny, but the least favorite part was leaving. I could have stayed a much longer time.
People with disabilities Older travelers
Mar 11, 2016
What to answer to such a review besides many thanks. As written before, my pleasure is to offer more than a roof to my guests. I love to share Paris, discuss places besides the landmarks that you'll find in every tourist guide ; I think my love for this city shows as well as my pleasure to host people. I naively believe that sharing and exchanging will heal the world.
With such a review the whole world will want to come here :-)
I only have this apartment, that's why I can be dedicated, give all my time ; but it's only for 2 maximum 3 guests.
My knee is doing a lot better so I am looking forward to hosting again and again... and again. Welcome back to you and your family and friends.
Wandering...
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
“How to beat perfection!”
Reviewed February 8, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Not only was the apartment perfect, the area of Paris around Rue d’Argout charming and interesting as well as being close to so many wonderful places, but we also gained a new friend in Martinn who owns the apartment. She was the perfect host. She was there to greet us when we arrived and to show us the apartment and its amenities. It is set in a pleasant little courtyard off Rue d’Argout in an almost pedestrian area of Paris within easy walking distance of the Louvre and many other wonderful museums, which we enjoyed visiting very much. The apartment is on the ground floor and is quiet and restful. Martinn had put together a most useful collection of notes about where to eat, shop and visit in the area and, most wonderful of all, she had prepared a meal of us for the evening of our arrival ... and breakfast for the next morning. This was very thoughtful and meant that we could properly relax after our journey to Paris. There are many wonderful shops and markets in the area which was excellent as Ruth, my wife, loves cooking and made full use of Martinn's collection of recipe books (in English!). Martinn is the perfect host and was there at the end of an email (or telephone call) to answer any questions. It was undoubtedly the perfect, relaxing break. Not only have we gained a new friend in Martinn but discovered the perfect location to return to when we next visit Paris. Thank you Martinn for everything.

Date of stay: January 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It's location, facilities and tranquility.
Liked least: Not being able to stay longer!
People with disabilities Older travelers
Feb 10, 2016
Wow ! And I got new friends in Northern Scotland ! Thank you for being so easy, positive , curious and independent at the same time It has been a pleasure to share Paris, Montorgueil area, cooking ideas with you. Guests like you make me love what I do, welcoming, sharing, exchanging. We have old stones, you have Nature , wilderness, castles and Nessie !
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing