“Wonderful food”

Philippe et Jean-Pierre
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Philippe et Jean-Pierre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #588 of 18,014 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Arrived without a booking on a Saturday evening but were very fortunate to grab a table. So glad we did. Superb food, brilliant service and with the restaurant filling up, a lovely ambience too.
No particular dish to recommend as it all looked good. Did have the Scallops and my partner the Skate and both were exceptional.
If you are in the area, give it a go. Maybe wise to book though!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

One of the best meals we have ever had! This was our first fine dining experience in Paris, and it blew us away. Everything was unique and delicious. Try the duck! And the crab-based appetizer! You really can't go wrong.

Service was impeccable, and we got some individual attention from one of the owners himself - Philippe (he's adorable, by the way.) He gave us a cozy table for two by the window so we could see the beautiful glow of the Champs-Elysees neighborhood. I have never seen my husband's eyes wider than when Philippe personally brought us a massive wheel of diverse cheeses...

Truly wonderful place with romantic ambiance and delightful culinary experience to boot.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Well, we went there because it was right next to our hotel and were tired of walking to restaurants every night!
Here is the summary:
1. Great location - one of the best areas in Paris.
2. Foie Gras - two ways was mediocre - I don't understand those people that say it is best thing they ever ate - they have no clue what they are talking about.
3. My daughter ordered Pasta with Lobster, they brought another Pasta with Mushroom, they said "Oh! we are out of Pasta with Lobster so we substituted this". They changed the order without telling us! dah! So she asked instead for scallops and that was good (I have to say)!
4. My other daughter asked for Filet Medium, they brought it rare! we sent it back, brought back medium and that was good also.
5. One of their specialties is the Sole, my wife and I ordered to share, and that mediocre!
6. The Iberico Ham was fantastic, but how can you mess this one?
7. We ordered two desserts - one with Rum, oh my that was bad, terrible both!
The place is not cheap, I got a discount coupon because I booked on the Fork.com.
Service is friendly, no complaints.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Managed to get a table on a Saturday night. The staff were really welcoming, friendly, polite and professional. The food was amazing and very reasonably priced. We could not fault anything. Will definitely recommend to anyone going to Paris and hope to go back there soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I strongly recommend it!!The food was totally amazing,one of the best meals I ever had.The waiters were really nice.It was on the expensive side,but totally worth it.The place had a French decoration and was very warm.