13 people are viewing this hotel
No prepayment needed
Lol.travel
$1,792
1,894 results
All reviews shang palace eiffel tower terrace suite beautiful hotel macaroons guest relations room service concierge desk duty manager memorable stay five star hotel bottle of champagne our honeymoon george v luxury bonaparte duplex
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2019

Our stay was delightful! The location was very easy and in walking distance to the Eiffel Tower. The service stay was extremely helpful and made our stay very enjoyable! We loved the lounge and the asian flare.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelley C
ShangriLaParis, Directeur général at Shangri-La Paris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2019

Dear Kelley C,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Tripadvisor page following your stay.

I am very delighted that you lived an unforgettable experience at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris thanks to the professionalism and kindness of our team.

Moreover I am glad to read that you have enjoyed the asian atmosphere and our fantastic location near by the Eiffel Tower.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back with us soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2019

First let's ignore the cost, it's high but I think valuable for the level of service, and not out of range for a 5 star hotel in a major city like Paris.
I also might go so far as to say its a 5 1/2 star hotel, just because while I also love Four Seasons brand, I've never had staff really try to understand what MY desires / needs were and then accommodate.

Specifically this was a family trip and we have allergies and sensitivities in my family and as we don't speak French, it was definitely going to be painful to manage at regular establishments finding all the various things this one or that one can eat, combined with picky eaters it's a constant source of pain on our trips... every meal turning in to a hassle of compromise. The staff at the Shangri-La without my asking any more than what various gluten free options they had took it upon themselves to ask a little more, then they met with the chefs of all their 3 restaurants, the executive chef, and the marketing staff put together a little booklet presenting all the options, and ONLY the options, that my entire family could consume grouped together from all the restaurants and made adjustments so that whatever kitchen a dish would come from, I didn't have to care that this was available there, and that was available here... it was a major relief and simplification for our trip and resulted in lots of time saved, pain reduction, and more $ spent on their property.

And then there's of course the historical aspects of the property, its fantastic location, its multi-lingual concierge staff, the management of the property keeping the ratio of staff to guest high so there's hardly ever any waiting for anything, currency changing, directions, personal cars, 24x7 staff.
We got stuck out in Paris, lots of pick pockets, train station, 1am, trains just shut down sometimes for no reason, Uber is unreliable... not a good situation at all, but one call to the hotel got someone who knew me, and they got us a car immediately... it felt like staying with family where no imposition for your safety or comfort was out of place.

I will definitely stay at more ShangriLa properties for business or pleasure in the future, especially if in locales with which I am not very familiar and want to make sure international travel issues don't affect me.

2  Thank GiraffeHunter
ShangriLaParis, Directeur général at Shangri-La Paris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2019

Dear GiraffeHunter,

Moreover I am glad to read that you have enjoyed our services, the historical atomosphere and the fantastic location near by the Eiffel Tower.

On behalf of the entire team, thank you again and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back with us soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2019

Our week long stay with my 92 year old mother was perfect. The staff was incredibly helpful, the service impeccable, the location was ideal for seeing the fireworks. The restaurants were delicious and the spa and swimming pool was a welcome relaxation after walking the streets of Paris.

Room tip: Our balcony Eiffel Tower view room was very roomy and the bathroom had 2 sinks, tub, shower was very spacious.
1  Thank putterpence
ShangriLaParis, Directeur général at Shangri-La Paris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Dear Putterpence,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Tripadvisor page.

Moreover I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your culinary experiences, the stunning location near by the Eiffel Tower and the relaxing atmosphere of Chi, the Spa.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back with us soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2019

From walking through the door on arrival, to the perfect view of the Eiffel tower from our room, dinner at Shang Palace, and the helpful staff, we had a wonderful stay. The staff were always available to answer questions and point us in the right direction when we needed advise. The birthday cake for my daughter was the perfect touch!

Room tip: Ask for a view of the Eiffel tower. If you can get one of the rooms with a small deck even better.
2  Thank Helene K

Dear Helene K,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Tripadvisor page following this special occasion.

Moreover I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your culinary experience at Shang Palace and the stunning location near by the Eiffel Tower.

Reviewed July 17, 2019

My sister and I were in Paris for 4 days and it is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever been in; we visited to Eiffel Tower, Palace of Versailles, Louvre.
You can take the bus for a couple of Euros however, we had a lot planned in a day therefore, ended up taking the Uber to most of the attractions.
One of my recommendations would be that you need a full d ay for the Palace of Versailles and the Louvre, there is too much to see in just one day.

The food at the Eiffel Tower was amazing, and the views are beautiful. It is a one time sort of thing to do, I actually got very nice pictures in front of the tower opposed to those taken at the top.

It is a very expensive city when it comes to taking Uber and so, a way to cut some costs is to take the bus around if you have the time.

The hotel was breathtaking, I have stayed at other Shangri-La hotels in other cities but the view of the city and Eiffel Tower from the room is something else. The service is phenomenal, they were attentive, professional and we were always greeted with a smile.

However, if you are looking to save a little the Airbnb option is good as this the route we took the first time we visited.

Outside of the main attractions there are a lot of people who will try to sell you tickets and souvenirs, and to be honest, I found the souvenirs to be of cheap quality. It is better to avoid these people, once you given them attention, they will harass you, and believe me, some of them have a mouth of them.
This was the only pit of the trip.

It is definitely a city that I would visit again and again!!! Magical city.

Room tip: If you want views of the Eiffel Tower, yo will pay a lot more. Overall, this is a luxury hotel and you will get luxury service.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank MeenaKandola
ShangriLaParis, Directeur général at Shangri-La Paris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2019

Dear MeenaKandola,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Tripadvisor page.

I am very delighted that you lived an unforgettable experience at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris thanks to the professionalism and kindness of our team, the amazing heritage of our Palace.

Moreover I am glad to read that you have enjoyed activities around and the stunning location near by the Eiffel Tower and Trocadero area.