“One of the best in Paris”

Shangri-La Hotel Paris
Ranked #45 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Manchester, United Kingdom
“One of the best in Paris”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Paris.. Is there a city with more opulent, glamorous luxury hotels? I doubt it! We were passing through for one night at the end of our honeymoon in Portofino and Antibes so I tried this hotel based on the reviews and because I wanted to stay in hotels I had never visited for the whole honeymoon and have previously stayed at the George V, the Park Hyatt, the Plaza Athenee and the Lancaster..

We were not disappointed! This hotel rivals any of the established stalwarts in Paris due to the grandeur of the building, the fantastic team they have and the stunning views of the most iconic landmark in Paris - the Eiffel Tower! Add to this a Michelin starred Chinese and the dum sum on room service and you have a fantastic package!

Our suite was stunning and was a perfect blend of classic elegance and modern comfort. The view of the Eiffel Tower was even better than I had imagined and the bathroom was simply beautiful. There are larger suites in the hotel but this junior suite at €1100 per night had everything you could want and was spacious without being too sparse. I would happily book this again and it didn't seem pricey compared with the standard and size of the rooms you get for that price in other aforementioned hotels in Paris..

If you have tried the other classic hotels in Paris and want a change or you want to just have a great experience and like classic elegance with a modern twist just book. You won't be disappointed..

5 Thank Truffle-dodger
ShangriLaParis, Directeur général at Shangri-La Hotel Paris, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Batswinger,

What a lovely and detailed comment about your stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris, thank you very much for taking the time to write it on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to learn that you did enjoy the former house of Prince Roland Bonaparte and the location of the hotel which is, indeed, near the Eiffel Tower and also main tourist attractions such as museums, monuments and shopping streets.

Be assured that I will share your very kind comment with all our team and it would be an honor to welcome you back soon.

Stefan Bollhalder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. We were blown away by the professionalism of each staff member. This is absolutely our favorite hotel in the world. We stayed in rm 62, I can't say enough about our experience, it was worth EVERY EURO!!

Room Tip: Room 62!!! Private terrace
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

ShangriLaParis, Directeur général at Shangri-La Hotel Paris, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Minyon G,

What a lovely comment about your recent stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris: thank you! I am honored to read that you have chosen our hotel for such an important event as your honeymoon and I am delighted to know that our team delivered a high quality of service. By saying that "This is absolutely our favorite hotel in the world" you couldn't not make us happier and I would like to thank you for mentioning such a great compliment in your comment.

Again, I would like to thank you for this very nice comment which I, for sure, will share with all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Stefan Bollahlder,
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I recently visited Paris and stayed at the Shangri-La. I have to say that the staff couldn't have been anymore helpful. The hotel itself is impeccable and located perfectly for all of the sites in Paris. When the staff learnt it was our honeymoon they arranged for a bottle of complimentary champagne to be sent to our room which was fantastic. The breakfast and dinner service were outstanding and the cocktails and drinks in 'Le Bar' breath taking.

I cant thank the staff enough for making our honeymoon perfect. Sure, the hotel is quite pricey but where in paris isn't.

Overall fantastic!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
ShangriLaParis, Directeur général at Shangri-La Hotel Paris, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Marc T,

What a lovely comment about your recent stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris: thank you! I am honored to read that you have chosen our hotel for such an important event as your honeymoon and I am delighted to know that our team delivered a high quality of service. By saying that "the staff couldn't have been anymore helpful" you couldn't not make us happier and I would like to thank you for mentioning it in your comment.

It seems that you also enjoyed our culinary experience through a breakfast and a dinner and I am also very pleased to know that you indulge yourselves with a cocktail at Le Bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Stefan Bollahlder,
Waldshut-tiengen, Germany
Reviewed August 26, 2014

In was all perfect: a comfortable room with exciting view on the Eiffel Tower, staff that was kind, well trained and ready to fullfill special wishes with a smile. The hotel is located directly at the Saine River and many of the famous monuments can be reached by foot. The only thing we missed was a restaurant offering "normal" food.

Room Tip: Room with Terrasse and view on the Eiffel Tower

Dear Siegbert L,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am delighted to read that our teams delivered a high quality of service and you experienced the true hospitality from the heart. It is also a real pleasure to know that you did enjoy the location of the hotel which is, indeed, near the Seine river and also main tourist attractions such as museums, monuments and shopping streets.

Be assured that I will share your very positive words with all our team and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Noblesville, Indiana, USA
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in and should definitely be among the very best in the world.

I stayed at the Shangri-la twice and both times are memories that will never be forgotten. Although the cost is quite high, the value is also immeasurable. Where else can you have such wonderful views of the Eiffel tower from your hotel room? If you want to WOW someone this has to be the place.

The hotel is a 1km walk to the Eiffel tower and about a 2 km walk to the Arc d' Triomphe. There is a metro station directly outside the hotel which facilitates getting to wherever you desire in Paris. It is also on a quiet street with a beautiful setting.

The staff is extremely attentive to your every need. On my first visit I explained my plan to surprise my wife and was upgraded to a room with a beautiful and large terrace overlooking the Eiffel tower. Request room 62 or 64 which have a terrace with a view that is unparalleled (unless you get another room at the Shangri-la).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joseph W
Dear Joseph W,

What a lovely and detailed comment, thank you very much for taking the time to write it on TripAdvisor and also for your loyalty toward Shangri-La Hotel, Paris. I am very happy to learn that you did enjoy your room and its "WOW" view of the Eiffel Tower.
It is also a real pleasure to know that you did enjoy the location of the hotel which is, indeed, near the Eiffel Tower and also main tourist attractions such as museums, monuments and shopping streets. Service is one of our priority and I am delighted to read that our team delivered a high quality of service through every details.

Be assured that I will share your very kind comment with all our teams and it would be an honor to welcome you back soon.

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stayed in August 3 days in Shangri La Paris and it was wonderful!! We stayed in a Eiffel premier room with terrace. The room was always clean and the terrace had a wonderful view on the Eiffel Tower. the view was unique great. The staff was always friendly and the concierge service has met us every wish if we had one.

1 Thank Harald G
ShangriLaParis, Directeur général at Shangri-La Hotel Paris, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Harald G,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris. It is a real pleasure to read that you did enjoy your stay through the terrace of your room and its view of the Eiffel Tower. Thank you for your compliments by qualifying the view as "unique and great" and by mentioning our level of service through our staff. I am very happy to read that our teams have delivered a high quality of service and that our Concierge team met every wish that you had.

Please, be assured that I will share your very nice comment with everybody and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Paris
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Our stay here was a surprise by my fiancé.
We had a room where right from the bed you had an impressive and unforgettable view over the Eiffel Tower.
The service is extremely polite and on point with all your needs and this is sometimes rare in Paris where most of the time people have an attitude.
Upon arrival in the room you are served some tea, and shown around.
The hotel is located in an area where there are a few restaurants that you can reach by a short walk, but every main attraction of Paris - shopping or restaurant wise - can be reached in a short taxi drive.
The lobby and the salons as well as bar are all decorated well with a big stress on the luxury look and feel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear cara_s322,

What a lovely and detailed comment, thank you very much for taking the time to write it on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to learn that you did enjoy the former house of Prince Roland Bonaparte and your room. Service is one of our priority and I am delighted to read that our team delivered a high quality of service through every details.