“AnneT”
Review of Hotel de Sully

Hotel de Sully
Ranked #1,640 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 21, 2013

When booking, thought "you get what you pay for" - ie 1 star, Previous reviews were mixed with some dreadful,
Brilliantly located hotel, no lift (As expected) but 77 steps with suitcases and no offer of assistance. Toilet down a flight of stairs, shower with fungus growing in it, and the STENCH eminating from the shower/handbasin room was unbelievable. A pack packers would have been cleaner. Sheets were clean, but found rubbish behind the "bolster-pillow" and the blankets were filthy.We left after one night and must say only charged one night - not the 4 we were booked.
Absolutely dreadful hotel - despite great location - don't go there!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Anne T

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Perfect location. Small and very very old rooms. Friendly staff. They help us with hot water for my tea when i was ill. Explain everything about sightseeings) yes, rooms are small and old, but it is perfect price for room with bath in this location

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oksana A
Reviewed July 21, 2013

A health and fire risk! We here in 2010 beautiful boutique hotel, so looking forward to return. Now 1/5th size, no lifts, no offer help. No meals. Reception staff positively unfriendly. Room stinking hot no air con. Smell. Wallpaper lights falling off. Linen filthy, smoking. Space ridiculous for 2 pax plus 2 cases. Fire instructions "wait by window".Thanks Sully as we booked elsewhere near the Arc, paid more but we were concerned for our welfare. Travelers know your research, photos very deceiving. Bathroom certainly usable but small.

Room Tip: Just read reviews thoroughly. If able choose by word of mouth.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kay J
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This is all I hate sometimes in Paris. A brilliantly located hotel, and the worst experience you can get. The room was absolutely dirty, toilets not cleaned, bed sheets full of stains, it was smelly and the staff would not care at all, no possibility to change rooms and no refund when deciding not to stay there. Avoid absolutely this hotel, it is awful

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank FloranH
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Reserve at your own risk - I wish I had known that when, fooled by a review in Rick Steve's travel guide, I made an online reservation several months in advance. A couple of e-mails followed confirming the dates and I thought all was well...until I arrived very late at night and was informed by a short tempered young man that they were full (even though my name was clearly written in their schedule book), that my reservation was "incomplete" and I (female traveling alone) was left out on the street at midnight to look for another hotel. In retrospect, I am very glad that I did not get to stay there because the receptionist and what I saw of the hotel did not inspire confidence.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank kesten_pire
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Dirty,disgusting,bloodstains on bedspread,smelled like smoke,and to top it off we found a dirty sock under the bed. Dirtiest rooms in Paris. We also found that the front desk was not helpful when asked any questions even when we asked in french, which is my wifes first language.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank like2travel989
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This place did not seem that bad to my girlfriend and I. We have been pretty well welcomed from the staff and our room was alright. After reading all the reviews we did not have high expectations so that could have helped to appreciate it more than others trip users.
We've also spent a decent price in a very expensive city . In our room everything was working, we slept well. We might have been lucky. I would go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple