“Not that bad, actually good !” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel de Sully
Ranked #1,630 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Not that bad, actually good !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

This place did not seem that bad to my girlfriend and I. We have been pretty well welcomed from the staff and our room was alright. After reading all the reviews we did not have high expectations so that could have helped to appreciate it more than others trip users.
We've also spent a decent price in a very expensive city . In our room everything was working, we slept well. We might have been lucky. I would go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank arnold r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

My family and I arrived to Paris. Soon we learned our reservations were cancelled, so the hotel management referred us to The Sully Hotel. I was greatful to get a room quickly after traveling for about 10 plus hours and exhausted. I soon headed to the my room located on the fifth floor, great exercise but our troubles began when we attempted to open the door. We could not beleive the condition of this small room , smelly room, ripped mattress , stained bedcovers, pillows smelled like body odor but I am saving the best for last The Bathroom nasty, nasty and disgusting , mildew everywhere, and the smell of raw sewarge was overwhelming

• Stayed June 2012
7 Thank Astrin18

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

My wife and I needed a cheap place to stay in Paris for one night that was close to the train station. We were heading out the next day and didn't need anything fancy. I had come across this hotel before and quickly dismissed it after reading all the horrible reviews. In a moment of desperation, having waited till the last minute to book, we settled on this place.

The hotel is absolutely disgusting. Do not stay here. It is not worth it. Bit the bullet and fork over the extra money for a nicer hotel. We arrived later at night to check in. All the lights were out on the main stair way and we had to stumble up to our 5th floor room. The room itself was in disrepair; not to mention filthy. The bathroom was mouldy. The floors had not been vacuumed. And worst of all, it looked as though there were bed bug husks on the mattress, not to mention the hair and other stains that covered the sheets. We did not sleep at all and slept in our clothes above the covers.

This place is not worth it for even one night. Do not make the same mistake we did.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank BillFould
Munster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

OK so it's not a luxury hotel! We had two family rooms and a triple room. For the price we found the hotel great! We had eight kids with us and three adults and it would have cost a fortune to stay anywhere else! It is a haul up all the stairs but our rooms were all at the back of the hotel and quiet. The beds were clean and so was bathroom. We were only staying one night and found the rooms plenty big enough as we were only in them to sleep! The hotel is in a fab location, plenty of shops, Monoprix supermarket literally across the road, cafes etc. Place de Voges only around the corner, lovely for a stroll around looking at the galleries and a playgroung for the kids! The staff were grand, had no problem with us arriving early (round 11am), our rooms were ready then. We were also able to leave our 11 bags in the lobby next morning for a few hours. So overall I;d go back there again just for the location alone!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank brucefan2
Cascais, Portugal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

horrible, not clean, mould and wet floor!!! would not recomend

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Mica1966
Parsberg, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

We are seasoned travelers and usually don't get caught up over too much. This, however, was beyond our breaking point. The five flight hike up to the room I could chalk up the "exercise" (who doesn't need it after Parisian desserts!?) The minuscule room? We'll just say really cozy. But that is as far as my imagination could go. "Splurge" on 10 euros more a night and go somewhere else! The smell was that of dirt, smoke and who knows what else. The floors looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in at least 2 years. I wish I could say that the bathroom looked like it had been cleaned.... ever. The mold ALL over the shower, bathroom floor and wall actually made me opt to not bathe for the 2 nights that we stayed here! (Now, THAT is gross!) Our wake up call was our wall neighbors having sex. Our midnight wake up call was new neighbors screaming (or what seemed like it because you could hear every.single.word), To help dim the noise of the neighbors, just open the window and all you can hear is constant street noise, cars honking and that might help drown out the noise of being able to hear everyone on your floor.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank LeAnna B
den haag
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed at hotel Sully with 13 persons last weekend. Great location, but very unfriendly staff (while trying to make a reservation through e-mail I only got rude one-line-replies), all the rooms were dirty, the drains were smelling really bad and the smell went all over the rooms. Also there was a lot of bathroom mold in every room. In some rooms it wasn't possible to hang the showerheads, so you had to hold them but they were really dirty, as were the blowdryers, toilets, etc. The blankets had stains on it as well as the carpet.

I have been in a lot of french cheap hotels, and I don't mind really small rooms and no elevators and all this, but hygiene is something that you may expect in a hotel right?!
I was disgusted everytime I took a shower and I didn't wanna touch anything.

We saw the cleaning lady everyday, but wondered what it was that she was doing there...

Room Tip: Just don't go to this hotel