“Very comfortable”

Ranked #73 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
london
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed for one night whilst on a short trip to Paris. Thought the hotel was very comfortable and in a lovely spot.

The room was lovely and bathrooms really nice and stylish. Breakfast was great and woman serving very helpful and friendly.

Only downside was there was building work on first floor and so a little noisy during day when I was waiting for cabs. Assume that will be short lived. Nice friendly little bisto on corner of street next door where I had a nice simple meal and didnt feel odd dining on my own.

One negative is the wooden floor in foyer appeared to look dusty - probs something to do with builders but needs a shine up.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank caz1000
Marie_BREHERET, Directeur général at La Villa Saint-Germain, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Caz1000,

Thank you for staying with us at La Villa Saint Germain and for taking the time to share your comment.

All our rooms were recently renovated and we appreciate that you liked the decoration and the style. Following your appreciation we congratulated the member of our team in charge of the breakfast and she was very proud as she aims to provide excellent service and a well presented buffet.

If you enjoyed the restaurant Le Pré Aux Clercs, you should appreciate other places nearby the hotel like Le Semilla and Le Christine.

The wooden floor of the foyer was recently changed, but we noticed it does not look as good as it should be and have planed to shine it up pretty soon.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at La Villa Saint Germain.

Sincerely

Marie BREHERET

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks while in town for work and was not that impressed with the service. In particular the woman with the short hair at the front desk during the day. She asked me on numerous occasions for my credit card - which I gave at both check in and when making a reservation. She even had me write it down by hand on a paper. She harassed me the morning BEFORE I was supposed to check out that I HAD to pay right then. I was on my way to work and I told her I would pay later as I was not supposed to check out until the next day. She said "I have to pay NOW." Even though I was not checking out until the following day I agreed to pay, thinking it would be more convenient. Of course I had a water that same night and had to go through the payment process again when I checked out.

I travel all the time for work and have stayed in hundreds of hotels around the world and have never been so annoyed by a hotel employee in my life. I did not appreciate being made to feel like I was about to skip out on the bill.

There was also construction on the 1st floor which prevented you from sleeping past 8am every day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank travis j
Dear Travis J,

Thank you very much for staying with us at La Villa Saint Germain and for giving us your feedback about your stay.
I understand you felt embarassed and I do apologize for this. The member of our team you dealt with just joined us. She received appropriate trainings however I will make sure that we take the time to explain her the procedure.
We usually propose at the time our long stay guests check-in to make a down payment in the middle of the stay in order to avoid any inconvenience at the time of check-out.

We hope we will have another occasion to welcome you at La Villa Saint Germain.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My sister and I shared a room that felt spacious and clean and we enjoyed each of the 3 nights to have a glass of wine and some snacks in our seating area which was welcoming and very comfortable. The location is terrific, across from Laduree and many wonderful shops which start next door to the hotel and you can continue walking in many directions to desired locations.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Juliette F
Dear Juliette F,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at La Villa Saint Germain.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and took advantage of our location.

Thank you again, we all look forward to welcoming you and your sister again.

Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Fantastic location, extremely friendly and helpful team at reception all through the day and evening. Rooms were bigger than expected, we had 2 twin rooms and had all the facilities we needed. Rooms were very hot, but you can open the windows.

I would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah N
Marie_BREHERET, Directeur général at La Villa Saint-Germain, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Sarah N,

Thank you very much for your thorough review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel. We believe that our staff is our greatest asset and we truly appreciate your comments. We will be sure to share these with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Hotel Manager
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed at La Villa Saint Germain for two night before Xmas and was a great experience. The hotel is small but it has all the necessary features to compete with any other five stars chain hotel. The location is just one block away of the Metro and 2 blocks from the Seine. The room has design in each detail and even the bathroom is not as small as others Parisian hotels in the area. Clean and tidy and well renovated, the central heat is also great and then all the experience is quite comfortable. The breakfast is a normal European standard, with good presentation and service (22 Euros). The gym looks great and high standard, although we didn't try this time.

Room Tip: We had a room next to the street at the second floor. No problem at all, the noise was imperceptibl...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Juju_mx
Marie_BREHERET, Directeur général at La Villa Saint-Germain, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Juju_mx,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at La Villa Saint Germain.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a memorable one & that for you La Villa "has all the necessary features to compete with any other five stars chain hotel" .
It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back again at La Villa Saint Germain!

General Manager.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed at La Villa Saint-Germain for 6 nights over the Christmas holiday (2 rooms). The hotel was very nice, the beds comfortable (and large enough for 2 which I've found isn't always the case in some European hotels) and the rooms very clean. Olga and her staff were very professional and pleasant reaching out to us before the trip and helping arrange transportation from the airport and were helpful during our stay making dinner reservations on our behalf.
The location is amazing, a great neighborhood with countless restaurants, shops, etc, but the street itself is off the main drag so is not noisy at night. You can walk to so many of the major attractions (Notre Dame, Lourve, Orsay) which is in part what makes Paris so much fun. We will absolutely stay here again if we're fortunate enough to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 27 and 28 which looked out on rue Jacob and were both very nice. The only issues...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jeff G
Dear Jeff G,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback relating to your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive one and you enjoyed the warm hospitality from our team here. Be sure that I will share your comments with Olga!

I look forward to welcoming you back again at La Villa.

Lyon, France
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

First, the hotel is very well located. 5 minutes walk from the metro station, 20minutes walk from the departement store "le bon Marche"....and just in front of the hotel there is a Laduree :)
The hotel itself is well renovated. It's modern and cosy at the same time. The rooms are big enough for one or two people. It's clean, calm, relaxing colors on the room.
I dont have much to say unless go for it! It is so worth it!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Vivich
Dear Vivich,

Thank you for your feedback relating to your recent stay at La Villa Saint Germain.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive one and you enjoyed the modern & cosy style of our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back again at La Villa Saint Germain!