“Luxury pocket hotel”

La Villa Saint-Germain
Ranked #75 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed at La Villa Saint Germain for two night before Xmas and was a great experience. The hotel is small but it has all the necessary features to compete with any other five stars chain hotel. The location is just one block away of the Metro and 2 blocks from the Seine. The room has design in each detail and even the bathroom is not as small as others Parisian hotels in the area. Clean and tidy and well renovated, the central heat is also great and then all the experience is quite comfortable. The breakfast is a normal European standard, with good presentation and service (22 Euros). The gym looks great and high standard, although we didn't try this time.

Room Tip: We had a room next to the street at the second floor. No problem at all, the noise was imperceptibl...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Juju_mx
Marie_BREHERET, Directeur général at La Villa Saint-Germain, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Juju_mx,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at La Villa Saint Germain.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a memorable one & that for you La Villa "has all the necessary features to compete with any other five stars chain hotel" .
It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back again at La Villa Saint Germain!

General Manager.

There are newer reviews for La Villa Saint-Germain

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed at La Villa Saint-Germain for 6 nights over the Christmas holiday (2 rooms). The hotel was very nice, the beds comfortable (and large enough for 2 which I've found isn't always the case in some European hotels) and the rooms very clean. Olga and her staff were very professional and pleasant reaching out to us before the trip and helping arrange transportation from the airport and were helpful during our stay making dinner reservations on our behalf.
The location is amazing, a great neighborhood with countless restaurants, shops, etc, but the street itself is off the main drag so is not noisy at night. You can walk to so many of the major attractions (Notre Dame, Lourve, Orsay) which is in part what makes Paris so much fun. We will absolutely stay here again if we're fortunate enough to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 27 and 28 which looked out on rue Jacob and were both very nice. The only issues...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jeff G

Dear Jeff G,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback relating to your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive one and you enjoyed the warm hospitality from our team here. Be sure that I will share your comments with Olga!

I look forward to welcoming you back again at La Villa.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

First, the hotel is very well located. 5 minutes walk from the metro station, 20minutes walk from the departement store "le bon Marche"....and just in front of the hotel there is a Laduree :)
The hotel itself is well renovated. It's modern and cosy at the same time. The rooms are big enough for one or two people. It's clean, calm, relaxing colors on the room.
I dont have much to say unless go for it! It is so worth it!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Vivich

Dear Vivich,

Thank you for your feedback relating to your recent stay at La Villa Saint Germain.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive one and you enjoyed the modern & cosy style of our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back again at La Villa Saint Germain!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a club room for two nights. Room was clean, compact and very comfortable for a short stay. Staff really efficient and friendly. The area is fab, lots of quality shops, eateries etc. and so convenient for all the major Paris sights. Will def return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KMM2209
Reviewed December 3, 2013

la villa's location is an A+. the rooms are attractive, comfortable and well designed. the staff is friendly and helpful. i wiould definitely stay there again.

there are three reasons i gave la villa 4 stars instead of 5:
first, on my last night, my room smelled of cigarette smoke that was venting from elsewhere in the hotel. it happened around 10pm and i was already in bed so i didn't call the front desk about it. i'm not a smoker and my hair smelled of cigarette smoke and it made my throat hurt. i spent most of the night with my window open which was both freezing and very noisy. i hardly slept and it was miserable.

second, the shower doesn't have a shelf for soap, shampoo, razor so you constantly have to pick these items up off the floor. ridiculous in a well-designed hotel of this caliber.

third, if you choose to eat breakfast in the hotel, go early. therer's a big difference in offerings if you go at 8 am than at 10 am. at 10 am, choices (especially of bread and cheese) were very limited and the price of this breakfast isn't cheap. everyone wants a nice baguette or croissant if they're eating breakfasti n paris, non? i didn't have a bagette until the day i ate breakfast early.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank figfunston
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and i stayed here for 3 nights for our honeymoon trip and it did not disappoint. First, the location is very convenient. It is within walking distance to Louve Musuem, Pont des Arts bridge and the Metro. Across the hotel (just 10 walking steps) is Laduree for breakfast and snacks. The area is filled with restos and some shops. Louis Vuitton is just across the Metro which is around 5 mins walking from the hotel. Second, the room is very comfortable. The space is enough for us and our 3 large luggage. Bathroom is nice with bath tub. Third, service is excellent. Hotel Staffs are attentive, friendly and assists you with anything that you need. Going to the hotel we took the taxi from Orly Airport which was expensive. But we asked the front desk if there's any other way we can use to go the Charles de Gaulle Airport upon check out. And they were very helpful by offering us a airport transfer shuttle that costs a lot cheaper than if you took the taxi. But you'll have to share and pick up other guests from other hotels but that was fine. Overall, I had so much fun staying in this hotel. My husband loved it too. Thank you so much for that wonderful experience and for making our trip very memorable. :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DianaTy2013

Dear DianaTy2013,

Thank you for your outstanding review!

I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience especially since it was your honeymoon.

I believe that our staff is our greatest asset, and I truly appreciate your comments.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back again at la Villa.... for your wedding anniversary?

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I usually stay at L'Hotel in Paris but this time I thought I would try and save myself some money (to spend on shopping) by reducing the amount I spent on accommodation.

Using tripadvisor I searched for hotels in St Germain because that is the area I know and love. I saw that this hotel rated very highly as far as comments and when I saw that a substantial discount was offered for pre-orders I decided to take the risk and go for it. I also saw that it is just around the corner from L'Hotel so I would not get lost - noting it is just across the street from Laduree.

I was actually there for two stints - with a week long Poland trip in between.

The rooms are bigger than you usually get in the area and have all the mod cons you need. I saw some people have commented the room was too warm and I can see how that could be the case but I was quite happy to leave my window a bit open which took care of that. A bit of outside noise but, hey, that's Paris outside noise so no complaint here.

The staff are amazing and will do all they can you make your stay enjoyable and smooth. I was even able to leave some things in the safe when I went to Poland as well as a suitcase.

The driver engaged by the hotel is someone I trusted to navigate me through the minefield that is Paris traffic. He is also very punctual which is important when you have to get to the airport.

I would definitely advise people to stay at this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo