“Nice hotel with helpful staff in great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Villa Saint-Germain

La Villa Saint-Germain
Ranked #67 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice hotel with helpful staff in great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed at La Villa Saint-Germain for 6 nights over the Christmas holiday (2 rooms). The hotel was very nice, the beds comfortable (and large enough for 2 which I've found isn't always the case in some European hotels) and the rooms very clean. Olga and her staff were very professional and pleasant reaching out to us before the trip and helping arrange transportation from the airport and were helpful during our stay making dinner reservations on our behalf.
The location is amazing, a great neighborhood with countless restaurants, shops, etc, but the street itself is off the main drag so is not noisy at night. You can walk to so many of the major attractions (Notre Dame, Lourve, Orsay) which is in part what makes Paris so much fun. We will absolutely stay here again if we're fortunate enough to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 27 and 28 which looked out on rue Jacob and were both very nice. The only issues...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jeff G
Marie_BREHERET, Directeur général at La Villa Saint-Germain, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Jeff G,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback relating to your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive one and you enjoyed the warm hospitality from our team here. Be sure that I will share your comments with Olga!

I look forward to welcoming you back again at La Villa.

Marie BREHERET

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Lyon, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

First, the hotel is very well located. 5 minutes walk from the metro station, 20minutes walk from the departement store "le bon Marche"....and just in front of the hotel there is a Laduree :)
The hotel itself is well renovated. It's modern and cosy at the same time. The rooms are big enough for one or two people. It's clean, calm, relaxing colors on the room.
I dont have much to say unless go for it! It is so worth it!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Vivich
Dear Vivich,

Thank you for your feedback relating to your recent stay at La Villa Saint Germain.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive one and you enjoyed the modern & cosy style of our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back again at La Villa Saint Germain!

York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a club room for two nights. Room was clean, compact and very comfortable for a short stay. Staff really efficient and friendly. The area is fab, lots of quality shops, eateries etc. and so convenient for all the major Paris sights. Will def return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KMM2209
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

la villa's location is an A+. the rooms are attractive, comfortable and well designed. the staff is friendly and helpful. i wiould definitely stay there again.

there are three reasons i gave la villa 4 stars instead of 5:
first, on my last night, my room smelled of cigarette smoke that was venting from elsewhere in the hotel. it happened around 10pm and i was already in bed so i didn't call the front desk about it. i'm not a smoker and my hair smelled of cigarette smoke and it made my throat hurt. i spent most of the night with my window open which was both freezing and very noisy. i hardly slept and it was miserable.

second, the shower doesn't have a shelf for soap, shampoo, razor so you constantly have to pick these items up off the floor. ridiculous in a well-designed hotel of this caliber.

third, if you choose to eat breakfast in the hotel, go early. therer's a big difference in offerings if you go at 8 am than at 10 am. at 10 am, choices (especially of bread and cheese) were very limited and the price of this breakfast isn't cheap. everyone wants a nice baguette or croissant if they're eating breakfasti n paris, non? i didn't have a bagette until the day i ate breakfast early.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank figfunston
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and i stayed here for 3 nights for our honeymoon trip and it did not disappoint. First, the location is very convenient. It is within walking distance to Louve Musuem, Pont des Arts bridge and the Metro. Across the hotel (just 10 walking steps) is Laduree for breakfast and snacks. The area is filled with restos and some shops. Louis Vuitton is just across the Metro which is around 5 mins walking from the hotel. Second, the room is very comfortable. The space is enough for us and our 3 large luggage. Bathroom is nice with bath tub. Third, service is excellent. Hotel Staffs are attentive, friendly and assists you with anything that you need. Going to the hotel we took the taxi from Orly Airport which was expensive. But we asked the front desk if there's any other way we can use to go the Charles de Gaulle Airport upon check out. And they were very helpful by offering us a airport transfer shuttle that costs a lot cheaper than if you took the taxi. But you'll have to share and pick up other guests from other hotels but that was fine. Overall, I had so much fun staying in this hotel. My husband loved it too. Thank you so much for that wonderful experience and for making our trip very memorable. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DianaTy2013
Dear DianaTy2013,

Thank you for your outstanding review!

I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience especially since it was your honeymoon.

I believe that our staff is our greatest asset, and I truly appreciate your comments.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back again at la Villa.... for your wedding anniversary?

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at L'Hotel in Paris but this time I thought I would try and save myself some money (to spend on shopping) by reducing the amount I spent on accommodation.

Using tripadvisor I searched for hotels in St Germain because that is the area I know and love. I saw that this hotel rated very highly as far as comments and when I saw that a substantial discount was offered for pre-orders I decided to take the risk and go for it. I also saw that it is just around the corner from L'Hotel so I would not get lost - noting it is just across the street from Laduree.

I was actually there for two stints - with a week long Poland trip in between.

The rooms are bigger than you usually get in the area and have all the mod cons you need. I saw some people have commented the room was too warm and I can see how that could be the case but I was quite happy to leave my window a bit open which took care of that. A bit of outside noise but, hey, that's Paris outside noise so no complaint here.

The staff are amazing and will do all they can you make your stay enjoyable and smooth. I was even able to leave some things in the safe when I went to Poland as well as a suitcase.

The driver engaged by the hotel is someone I trusted to navigate me through the minefield that is Paris traffic. He is also very punctual which is important when you have to get to the airport.

I would definitely advise people to stay at this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Shehadie
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend and we were not disappointed in anyway at all.
The location is just perfect to see all of Paris and to use public transport. 10 minutes from the River Seine and 15 minutes from the Louvre.
A friendly welcome and the staff couldn't help enough. Comfortable room and quiet outside and enough space for what we needed.
Walk out of the door and turn left or right and you have a selection of fabulous traditional French cafes. Eat, drink and watch the world go by before your eyes.
Don't eat anywhere posh, just experience the brilliant food and vinos in these cafes and small restaurants.
The hop on hop bus is the perfect way to get around Paris and also drops off near to the hotel.
Fully recommend at stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple