“Does not come any better”
Review of Hotel d'Aubusson

Hotel d'Aubusson
Ranked #30 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 19, 2010

This was our third stay at the hotel, and I realise I have not left a review yet.
We are parisian ... and enjoy a night away from home in a dream place now and then. In the summer we go outside the city for greenery and a swimming pool, in the winter and especially when the weather is rough, we like to "travel in the city" , minimal requirement being beautiful with a fireplace.
The d'Aubusson is absolutely perfect for us, and I can imagine even more 'of a trip' for foreigners. Clean, quiet, perfect service, great staff. Not far from home for us it is a travel in time in a 17th century building, where everything feels authentic yet perfectly brought up to modern comfort.
We love the 'salon', warm and comfy, for a drink by the fireplace before going out for diner, and again upon return for liquor or tea. Or the terrasse when the weather allows. We enjoy Live Jazz at Cafe Laurent , the hotel bar, visited by many Parisan.
The rooms are rather large with very high ceilings , nicely decorated (prefer the back building with wooden ceilings). The bathroom is impeccable, decorated with perfect taste (Hermes amenities). Bathrobes and slippers provided.
I feared it might be a bit cold - not easy to warm up such a building with high ceilings in the heart of winter, it was perfectly heated; while we watched snow falling through the double-window ; we slept better than we had in weeks ; unwinding from a tough year end.
It is perfectly located for a stroll, in the heart of St Germain.

Management is also up to the standards. We have had a mishap once and were very elegantly offered compensation.

Our short stay ends with breakfast where nothing misses. Quality and variety.
We always leave with regrets...

I highly recommend this hotel, to foreigners visiting our city or to Parisans who want to treat thmeselves with luxury and romance. We will surely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel d'Aubusson

Reviewed December 1, 2010

I stayed at Hotel d'Aubusson for 7 days and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were very clean, spacious and comfortable. We stayed in a 2 room suite with a mezzanine floor and it was beautiful. The decor in the lounge and breakfast room was stunning and the hotel bar was fun, with live music 3 nights a week.

The location of the hotel is fantastic with many restaurants nearby and a short walk to the metro and several of Paris' attractions. I will definitely stay there next time I'm in Paris.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2010

This is simply the best boutique hotel in Paris! I have been a client for many years now and have never been disappointed. The accommodations are lovely, public spaces very inviting, the staff could not be more friendly and helpful, the breakfast offerings are numerous and excellent, the hotel location is wonderful - within easy walking distance of St Germain, 4 métro stops, numerous restaurants, a 15 minute walk to the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Ile St-Louis, and lots of shopping - something for everyone. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank starynight
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I highly recommend this hotel. Our six nights was everything we hoped it would be. We booked the Romance package which included pickupup at the airport, tickets to the Louvre, a Seine boat tour, concert tickets, free breakfast ,and a wonderful Champagne lunch. The concierge staff was very friendly and helpful and made our stay very special. Our fifth floor room was large, comfortable and quiet. We enjoyed hanging out at the jazz bar, and can only say location, location, location. Everything we wanted to do was within walking distance including the museums, sights, great restaurants and cafes, and shopping around St. Germaine des Pres. We highly recommend this hotel and would certainly stay there again.

3  Thank maliburif
Reviewed November 3, 2010

We stayed in the Hotel D'Aubusson for five days during the first week of October 2010. The service from arrival thru departure was warm, professional and welcoming. We stayed in a fifth floor room that was quiet and certainly large enough for two adults. Almost every night some surprise awaited us, champagne, fruit, chocolates, just a very nice touch. The concierge staff was spectacular, a special thank you to Audrey. They were able to suggest and arrange daytime activities with the req'd tickets to the Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, river boats and wals around the St Germain area. Having never been to Paris the help provided by the staff at the hotel made all the difference in the trip. The restaurants that were reccomended by the hotel were unique and fit just what my wifr and I were looking for. Everything from "country or home style french food to more sophisticated high end cuisine. The St Germain area was great for first time visitors. Almost everything was within walking distance, lots of cafes, restaurants and bistros in the immediate area. Can not say enough good things about this hotel or our stay there. Certainly would return only wish we could have stayed longer.

Reviewed November 1, 2010

I had a truly wonderful stay at this hotel. I was traveling on business with a few days to explore Paris on my first trip to the city and the hotel staff made it feel like a home away from home. The hotel is beautiful. I stayed in a superior room which was a quite large for Paris standards with a beautifully renovated bathroom (apparently they have all been) with Hermes bathroom products. The room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. Not a great selection of TV channels, but hey, you are in Paris and shouldn't be watching television anyway!

The staff were brilliant. They all remembered my name, room number and were more than happy to let me practice my French on them. They made terrific recommendations for restaurants and things for me to do in the evening. I departed the hotel at 4.30am in the morning and even then the staff were happy and more than helpful.

The hotel courtyard is a lovely place to sit and wind down with a glass of wine, and the complimentary cheese crackers and little sandwiches you receive with your drink were very yummy!

Wifi access was great everywhere throughout the hotel. I had breakfast at the hotel one morning during my stay but with so many awesome cafes in the area it is better to head out for breakfast.

The location is fabulous. The immediate area and Boulevard St Germain de Pres has some fabulous shopping, with some of the usual large shops and some smaller shops with unique products and clothing. The hotel is a short walk to the Louvre, Notre Dame, St Chapelle etc.

I absolutely agonized over where to stay for my first trip to Paris and couldn't have been happier with the hotel, the service, the staff, the location. There was nothing more I could have wished for. Other than to have my family with me. Now that would have made it truly perfect!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank Natstar26
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My new husband planned a surprise three week honeymoon for the two us of, and the Hotel d'Aubusson was the last stop, and the best hotel we experienced. We told them it was our honeymoon, and received an amazing upgrade to one of their oldest rooms, 211. Exquisite! They even brought us complimentary champagne to our room. How can you beat Hermes bath products and the location? The concierge was incredibly helpful as well. We skipped the breakfast our first day, and regretted it. At 25 euros, it's quite a value and delicious. The atmosphere was perfect for a Parisian getaway: roaring fire in the sitting room, exposed, 17th century beams throughout, and gracious hospitality all made for a fantastic stay.