“Wonderful, Warm, Perfect Location”
Review of Hotel d'Aubusson

Hotel d'Aubusson
Ranked #30 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 26, 2009

Had a perfect stay of four days over New Year's this year. This smallish hotel is so charming that we really wished we had stayed longer. The room was decorated so 'Parisian Wonderful', with every detail provided...even little linens draped on the headboard when they turned the bed down at night.
The staff was first-class. They promptly honored every request. The breakfast was very good each morning, could not stop eating the fresh croissants and drinking the best coffee I may have ever had.
The location is really this hotel's best asset. Just walk out the door and Notre Dame and the Ile de la Cite just around the corner, all the major attractions are a short walk, just down the alley lies dozens of small incredible restaurants, galleries abound. This is probably the very best left bank location.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank funkytravelerA2
Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed January 25, 2009

My wife and I went with another couple for our 10 year anniversary. We booked the "romance package". As Americans going to Europe for our first time, we had a hard time making a decision on where to stay in Paris. Everyone we spoke with had another suggestion. We undoubtedly made the right choice. The hotel was clean, formal, and the rooms were a good size. The breakfast was good and the staff made every attempt to get you what you wanted. Most important to us was the front desk. They went above and beyond to direct us, get tickets to shows, and help with our daily itinerary. We especially enjoyed being in a neighborhood as opposed to a commercial area. Many restaurants and bakeries within walking distance. Using their subway system was also easy with a station a 7 minute walk away. Overall, excellent location and superb customer service at this hotel led to a fantastic trip.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this wonderful hotel during our honeymoon over Christmas of last year. We had an amazing experience and loved everything about this hotel. The location was ideal as it was an easy, short walk to the Notre Dame, the Seine, the Latin Quarter and the Louvre. The hotel was situated on a beautiful, quiet street and the actual property was immaculate and romantic. Sitting by the fireplace in the lounge late at night was the perfect ending to a romantic day in a beautiful city. Our room was comfortable and cozy. The best thing about this hotel was it's wonderful staff that went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay. Jean was incredibly helpful and truly made our honeymoon special. His friendliness made us feel right at home in Paris! This was the best hotel we have ever stayed at!! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2009

I stayed at the Hotel D'Aubusson last year for my honeymoon, and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

The hotel is on a cute, quiet street very close to the river, and is within walking distance of many great restaurants & cafes, the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Latin Quarter, etc. We were there just after Christmas, and the lounge had a beautiful tree, and an enormous, beautiful fireplace that was the perfect place to sit and have a drink in front of while warming up.

The staff was as friendly and helpful as we could ever imagine. They made us feel as welcome as if we were staying with family. Jean in particular made us feel at home. He seemed to work mostly at night, and helped us feel happy and comfortable even though we had serious jet lag. He gave us great advice on what to do & where to go at 3 am when we couldn't sleep!

I would HIGHLY recommed staying at the Hotel D'Aubusson again. I can't wait to go back and stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2009

My wife and I have just returned from a most enjoyable trip to Paris and stayed at the Hotel d'Aubusson for a month. This is not the first time that we have stayed at the Aubusson and return regularly because of the outstanding service and hospitality offered.

From the General Manager, Walter, the Executive House Keeper, Anne-Virginie and Head Concierge, Jean not to mention the barmen Flavien and Arnaud, we have received nothing but exceptional service and assistance.

The hotel is very well situated within spitting distance of the Seine, Notre Dame and the Louvre and notwithstanding its 4* status, manages to engulf you in a home from home atmosphere, as only the French can.

The rooms are very comfortable, spotlessly clean and the cosmetics offered in the en-suite bathrooms are top class.

The breakfasts are most enjoyable, elegant and well served (a full breakfast - not just a continental breakfast). The dining room staff are very attentive.

This is a very special hotel and the live jazz in the bar compliments an array of cocktails mixed by Flavien. Mr Brenner, the jazz pianist is outstanding and the supporting members of his ensemble do credit to his international status.

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and management and everything is done to give you a truly memorable stay in the very heart of Paris.

The Concierge Desk will recommend numerous good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and arrange visits and tours as required.

This is a classic French hotel that enhances your stay in Paris and is well worth return visits. This review is based on 30 consecutive nights allowing close scrutiny of all the aspects constituting a good and well run hotel.

Vive d'Aubusson!!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2009

I wanted to stay in the Saint Germaine area and looked at TripAdvisor for a hotel that was well regarded. This hotel popped out. I looked at the website and noticed that they were offering specials that brought down the prices during the time period I was visiting.

There were four categories of rooms and I booked the second category. When we arrived, our room wasn't available and we were exhausted and needed to sleep immediately. We opted to upgrade to the next category in order to get some sleep. The difference was $50 EU which isn't really worth it for a bit more space, unless you get a really special room. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't offer to upgrade us. However, they made up for it on our last day, when they credited us $50 EU back and let us keep the room until 5pm. It still cost us more for two days.

There are Hermes soaps and shampoos, robes, slippers, scale, a hair dryer and there was a turn down. One day we we found a jar of poached pears left for us. There is also free internet, though it is somewhat cumbersome to use.

The service at the hotel was was lovely. We were offered to be awakened each morning with coffee, tea or hot chocolate. The breakfast buffet was included and seemed to stay open well past what it was supposed to. There was live jazz Wed through Sun in the lounge and a lovely Salon with a fireplace to take tea. Our package included two tickets to the Louvre or D'Orsay, a river cruise, and a tea during our stay and breakfast each day. The concierge was lovely and the staff was warm and friendly.

The ambience of the hotel was understated and 15th century. The location was amidst cafes and one block from the Pont Neuf. We could easily walk to the Louvre, the D'Orsay, the Notre Dame...Metro stops....restaurants

I will definitely stay there again. It was well priced for a Paris hotel and the location was superb. I found it very quiet.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed December 19, 2008

We were terribly disappointed with our two night stay at Hotel D'Aubusson in late November. I had reserved it because all the rave reviews and high rating on Trip Advisor, and chose the hotel over other hotels I had stayed before with lower rating. I kept wishing I had not followed the advise... We arrived and were told we got an upgrade from a basic to a slightly better room. It had a king-size bed and it was a nice-size room, BUT it was on the second floor above a noisy, narrow road. Both me and my husband had to use ear-plugs! The worst thing was a huge, very noticable "valley" in my husband's bed, which made for back ache and bad sleep. We complained in the morning and were transfered to a smaller room all the way through a court yard, the breakfast room, salon, up two flights of stairs (no elevator). The room was tiny, but otherwise ok. Beds were ok (no holes) but not much more. Again, after this experience, I will think twice before I book based on Trip Advisor's ratings, and will for sure not return to Hotel D'Aubusson!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple