Hotel d'Aubusson
$563
$508
Official Site
1,104 results
All reviewsrue dauphineleft bankcafe laurenthermes toiletriesnotre damerue christineloft roomhead conciergeright bankperfect locationst germaindinner reservationslatin quarterhotel barwonderful hotelturn down servicebottle of champagne
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This charming beautiful little hotel was very highly recommended so I had to stay here. I was elated to be able to book the last 2 rooms (they were completely sold out - probably because they were undergoing renovation on 2 of the 5 floors). But sadly it as not what I had expected.

My daughter's room in the back of the hotel was small but wonderful. But my loft room over looking Rue Dauphine was so loud ALL THE TIME (I really mean 24/7 - literally around the clock) that I did not sleep much at all. Rue Dauphine is a major street with buses, taxis, mopeds. motorcycles, and lots of very loud young single kids in the bars all night long. The first night I was there the kids finally went home around 5am but then the garbage trucks started up at 7am and it just kept on going. Then the second night the kids never went home they stayed in the bars until 7am. I did ask to move to a courtyard room but as I mentioned the hotel was sold out. I was so sleep deprived that I couldn't enjoy Paris ($8000 for 6 nights for these hotel rooms was too much)

Now for the plus column - The hotel is just as beautiful as it is in the pictures. The staff is very responsive. Our A/C wasn't working and they came and fixed it the next day. I hate the A/C but we couldn't open the windows since it was so noisy. Unfortunately since the bed was in the loft I was still uncomfortably warm even with only the sheets. Great location- central so walking distance to just about everything and tons of restaurants.

But I would only recommend this hotel if you can get a room that is not on the main street. If I can't book rms #114 next time, I will stay at the Relais Christine around the corner - same rates, not as charming but very quiet so I can sleep and be rested enough to enjoy my vacation instead of being grumpy and walking around like a zombie.

Room Tip: Any room but the ones on Rue Dauphine. The Pavilion building in the back has only 3 rooms and I would stay in #114, then #012 and lastly #112 (112 is very small but you only need to sleep here). Their fitness center is off site so be forewarned. I had every intention of using this facility because I thought it was in the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank HLMinus
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have been going to Paris for many years and have stayed in many top hotels but Hotel d'Aubusson is now my favorite. It is truly charming, the people so accommodating , very comfortable, and perfectly located. A lovely breakfast is offered and a wonderful bar with Jazz in the evening. The concierge will help you with anything you desire. For people who don't speak French, all the staff speak English and are willing to help in any way. Any way you walk out the door you are a very short walk from something wonderful, yet you aren't on a tourist packed noisy street. Truly delightful location.I have never recommended a hotel in Paris so highly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank cathyd1533
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Very nice room: recently renovated, nice decor, hermes products... My room was right by the elevator but there was no noise at all. Perfect location in St Germain. Nice bar on the lobby, really helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The hotel is excellently located. Service is warm, personal and friendly and always helpful. The rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet with all the amenities you require. Free internet with no log-in or other formalities to go through. Excellent breakfast with a large variety to chose from. Good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank globetrotter215
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Loved our stay at Hotel d'Aubusson and would highly recommend it. The location is perfect for a sight-seeing weekend - within easy walking distance of Notre Dame, the Louvre and the Musee d'Orsay, to name a few, and a fairly short walk from Odeon Metro station, which is on the same line as the Gare du Nord, so very easy to get to from the Eurostar if there's a long queue for taxis. The surrounding neighbourhood is very buzzy with lots of bars, restaurants and cafes. The Hotel itself is intimate yet luxurious. The lobby, lounge, jazz bar and breakfast room are absolutely charming. Our bedroom was extremely comfortable and spacious. A nightcap listening to live jazz was a real treat. Very romantic :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple