“Everything we expected!”
Review of Hotel d'Aubusson

Hotel d'Aubusson
Ranked #29 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 24, 2011

From the moment we were greeted at Gare du Nord by the driver sent by Hotel d'Aubusson, we knew we had made the right choice of hotels. We were given room #507 which is a corner apartment on the top floor. It was roomy and comfortable for 3 adults: there was a king bed and a twin and still plenty of room to walk around, a table with 2 chairs, a desk and a wardrobe. The bathroom was spotless and had a shower and tub with plenty of fresh towels and Hermes toiletries! Because we were in a corner room, we had 3 windows that opened. The weather was cool for July so we enjoyed the cross-breeze. At night, there was noise from the street but as soon as we closed the window, we couldn't hear it at all. Because we had booked with a summer promotion, we had breakfast included every morning...it was a perfect start to the day and so convenient before heading out to explore Paris. And as for convenience, this hotel is just in the most perfect spot. Returning from a full day of wandering all over Paris, we could always find that special place for dinner within a block or two. Tons of cafes, brasseries, or a fresh gelato cone or fresh-made crepe were just steps away. When we ever get back to Paris, we'll stay right here at Hotel d'Aubusson.

2  Thank deeloef
ManagerAubusson, General Manager at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2011

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for your kind comment. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that, as the title indicates, we met your expectations.

Our driver, Chett, recently joined our team and it is true that he is very professional,discrete and courteous and we do get nice feed back about him as well. He complements our team very well!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us and we certainly hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Hotel d'Aubusson in the future!

Andreas Spove

Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed July 21, 2011

wow- where to start?

LOCATION-- The location is perfect. I much prefer the 6th district (and it little boutiques, cafes, bistros and art galleries) to any others. The hotel is not deep in the 6th though- it is close to the river so you can walk to the Louvre, Notre dame and all the bridges and go the rightbank. On the south side of it you can wallk to St Germiane cafes, theaters etc.

Yet it is up the block from the most charming intersetion in Paris- Buci intersection where 5 streets come togeher, north of Boulevard St Germaine. some of the streets are closed to traffic, others go to dead end little cobbletone roads with art galleries.

SERVICE-- wow just wow. I have stayed there twice. It is a 4 star hotel wiht 5 star (or more) service. Staff is freindly,knowledgeable, bend over backwards. Ex- they upgraded our room which had a view of the court. They gave us a duplex street view, whcih cost 2x the price, at the same low price! Champagen in our room to greet us first night. The front desk confirmed all our restaurant reservations and gave us little notes. Friendly, warm and knowledgeable. Free computer use in comon rooms.
No weird rules or restricitons (you could eat in the courtyard, or living room, sign anything to your room etc)

COMMON AREAS- Great bar, open to the public wiht a piano and live jazz many nights. Huge but personal living room, with lots of sitting areas, huge brick wood-burinnig fireplace, wooden ceiling beams. Great place to have a drink after dinner. We made a point of hanging out every night before going to bed.
2 courtyards, 1 large and 1 small, where you could eat breakfast or hang out.

ROOMs- average, clean and comfortable. Nice towels.

All in all, 4 star price for 5 star quality.

Room Tip: courtyard rooms on the upper floor are great, but the 2 1st floor courtyard rooms are dark. Street...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Doby47
ManagerAubusson, General Manager at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for your very thourough review on your most recent stay with us, it is very much appreciated.

I was particularily happy to read that our quality of service and efforts met and exceeded your expectaions, I will make sure to pass on your kind comments to the rest of the staff!.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to Hotel d'Aubusson in the not too distant future and remain in the meantime,

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed here with our 3 teenage kids, and found it comfortable and convenient. The rooms are large by Paris standards and the bathroom modern and well equipped (a hairdryer that actually worked!). The location is great - close to wonderful sites and also to fun shops and night clubs, which the kids loved. Staff is very friendly and the internal courtyard peaceful after a day of walking the streets of the city. We thoroughly enjoyed it, Anne from New York City.

1  Thank annecw_10

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed Hotel d'Aubusson and look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion!

Reviewed July 16, 2011

My wife, 14 year old son and I spent three generally pleasant evenings in the Hotel D’Aubusson in June, 2011. I recommend the hotel.

We had two rooms adjacent (but not adjoining) each other on the 3rd floor (floor #2, in European parlance). Our son had a “classic room” and we had a “superior” room. Both rooms over looked the Rue Dauphine. Although the street is rather narrow and heavily trafficked during the day, two sets of double pane glass doors meant that street noise was never an issue.

Both rooms had a small table with two comfortable chairs, as well as a desk with a chair. The beds were queen sized, and were comfortable. We had two windows (floor to ceiling double french doors each) and I was pleased with how bright the room was. Our son’s room, which but one window, was somewhat darker. The bathroom had one sink and tub/shower combo. Amenities were my favorite – Hermes green orange. Linens and towels were of high quality. There was plenty of storage space in a wall of closets in the entry foyer in each room. Lighting in the room was good.

During our stay the A/C worked well, although it never truly cooled the room beyond comfortable. Since the weather was mostly in the 70’s or lower while we were there, it made me wonder how the air conditioning would do in truly hot weather. That said, I had no reason to complain.

Breakfast was decent by the standards of French hotels. There were the standard hot options – eggs, potatoes, bacon and so forth. And the fruit and bread selections were plentiful.

What made the hotel stand out, by my standard, was how effective and efficient the front desk staff were. As I worked to plan our visit to Paris, I asked for help with dinner reservations. I always amazed that no matter when I emailed the hotel with a question or a request, the staff always got back to me within 20 or 30 minutes. The staff was equally impressive when I posed questions in person. Bravo.

The only quibble I had with the hotel related to noise from the Café Laurent, on the ground floor of the hotel. We were 2 floors above the Café. In the evenings, there is live music. It was plainly evident in our son’s room, and generally evident in our room in the evening. It kept our son up until the music stopped, somewhere around 12 midnight or thereafter. With the A/C fan set to “high” in our room, I didn’t notice it as much, so it didn’t affect sleep. That said, if you are a light sleeper and go to bed before 1 am, I would certainly request a room away from the Café Laurent side of the hotel.

I’d come back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank OrrvilleRedRider

Dear Madam,

Thank you for such a detailed comment about your stay with us, it is very much appreciated!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, however I would like to comment your remarks about Café Laurent;

Hotel d'Aubusson is one of the last hotels on the left bank offering jazz concerts in a unique setting, 4 night per week, however, the concerts start at 9 PM and goes on until 11.30 PM...

Because of the fact that the Hotel was built in 1634, it is true that the sound isolation does not reduce the noise level completely on the first floor! We are looking into the possibilities in solving this matter as soon as possible.

Best regards and thank you once again,

Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed 2 nights and loved the hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff, fantastic position, very comfortable beds and room and I particularly liked the shower.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ABPH59

Dear SIr, Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Aubusson with us.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aubusson in the near future.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for 4 nights on her post graduation adventure! The location is perfect and the common areas of the hotel could not be more comfortable and inviting! The hotel staff is very friendly and attentive and did their best to meet all of our needs. I was a little disappointed when I had emailed the hotel in advance to make a lunch reservation at the Eiffel Tower for us ( the ONE thing I had prearranged before our visit) and despite receiving a confirmation from the hotel, when we arrived, for some reason, there was no record of the reservation! They were extremely apologetic, and I know stuff happens, but still... I was disappointed. Lesson learned - if you really have your heart set on something - do it yourself!

The breakfast at the hotel more than made up for the lunch debacle! Delicious and abundant, featuring not only fresh pastries and fruit, but eggs, bacon, spinach and mushrooms ( my daughter is a vegetarian and enjoyed this alot). We also particularly enjoyed the little "extras" the staff had waiting in our room at the end of a long day of sightseeing - a small bottle of chilled wine, yummy macaroons, chocolates at turn-down (this traveler loves a good turn down service)! The room decor wasn't anything to get excited about, the bed was a bit lumpy and the linens nothing to write home about, but the bathroom was great and the robes, towels, and amenities all top-notch!

The courtyard is a lovely peaceful spot to take a break and relax and the Wi-Fi throughout the hotel is an added bonus. All in all, Hotel d'Aubusson is a wonderful home base for your busy trip to Paris!

Room Tip: Go for an upgrade from the
1  Thank foleymomma

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the mishap regarding your restaurant reservation at the Eiffel tower, I do understand your dissapointment!

However, I am very happy to hear that we turned this unfortunate event around and that you really enjoyed staying with us. We always try to do our best in order for our clients to feel like home...

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to hotel Aubusson in the future! In the meantime I remain, sincerely yours,

Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here for for 3 nights. The location is perfect. It is walkable distance to the Louvre and to the Latin Quarter. Its around 50 steps from the river.
First of all, i have to tell you about the staff. Some of the best i have seen. Any help you need, they ll get it done! The guys at the concierge desk helped me out a lot. From getting last minute tickets to Lido to getting us reservation at a fancy restaurent near the Eiffel Tower. Hands down, best hotel concierge service i ve seen
The rooms and bathrooms are pretty small, but it is Paris after all. Rooms were clean and they gave us complimentary champange because we were on our honeymoon. Breakfast has a good selection.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maccc
ManagerAubusson, General Manager at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for your kind comments! Your feedback is very important to us and it really pleases us to hear that our collective efforts are professional and that the quality of our customer relations surpassed your expectations.

We also thank you for having chosen Hotel d'Aubusson as your home while in Paris and we wish you all the best in your new life as newly weds!