“Love this hotel”

Ranked #152 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Darien, Connecticut
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have lost track of the number of times I have stayed here. First found it in a guide to small hotel in Paris, tried it and keep going back almost every year. The rooms are wonderfully decorated, the location isint the center of Paris, great restaurants all around it. Best of all the people there are so friendly and helpful. Elegant feel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden are lovely.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sherry F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have traveled to Paris 4-5 times a year on business for the last 20 years, ten of them staying at the Hotel du Jeu de Paume. This hotel is situated on the Ile Saint Louis, the tiny island, next to The Notre Dame, in the middle of the Seine river. This is an historical building which was the site for the first tennis court back in the time of Louis XIV. The current owner built this hotel 25-30 years ago and it is a beautiful combination of the old and the new.

It is charming, warm and unpretentious with an open lounge room and bar that leads into the breakfast room, separated by a metal and glass elevator that can take you up to the 3rd floor.From the breakfast room you can gaze upwards to the top of the 3rd floor to the high wooden cross beams and beautiful paintings on the wall.

The rooms are very well acquainted with all the necessities and are very clean and reasonably spacious and are designed in an Art Deco theme. These are definitely quaint rooms and cozy, each one different to a certain degree from the other. During the summer months portable air conditioning units are supplied to each room by request.

Aside from the charm of this unique hotel, the friendly staff and the managing director Nathalie Heckel is what makes this hotel a "home away from home". They go out of their way to make you comfortable and aquatint you with the area and all of the best restaurants to visit. Once you get to know them and they you, it is like family. There has been many a time I fell ill and they ran to the pharmacy for me or called in a doctor or chiropractor to visit me, plus bringing me soup or tea to ease my discomfort. I cannot tell you how that makes me feel knowing that , if I need it, they are there to help me. When I am travelling that makes all the difference in the world.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is travelling to Paris and is looking for a boutique hotel and wants to enjoy the city as a Parisian.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Greg7541
Coolangatta, Australia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I spent 6 weeks in Paris and stayed in 4 hotels, this being the fourth on my last 2 nights. I loved both the location and the hotel. You cannot beat the location as it is central to everything - to the right you have the Marais and to the left the Latin Quarter and St Germain and just over the central bridge you have Ile De Cite.

On the Island you have Notre Dame, along with many other must-see-delights.

The hotel has a non-descript facade but inside it is a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of the isle. the room was larger than I through it would be and I had a lovely view of the courtyard. Fresh flowers greeted me on the desk and my luggage was very kindly transported to my room. Yep there was free wifi, and the usual niceties such as TV, bath, bath toiletries a minibar and fridge. I asked for a kettle so I could make my own tea and coffee and this was happily accommodated.
I didn’t eat breakfast at 18 Euro. This hotel has many nooks and crannies to explore and sit in. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Cannot wait to stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor with a courtyard view. I cannot comment on the higher floors.
1 Thank deborah b
Boston
Reviewed May 24, 2013

For years I have been going to Paris, and one thing has always been consistent, that the Ile St Louis is my favorite spot in Paris, and now I have found a hotel to match this little corner of Paris. The hotel is both sophisticated and elegant while being intimate and low key. I stayed in one of their single rooms, which was a good size with a nice-sized bathroom and a very comfortable bed. The staff could not have been nicer and more helpful, and spoke perfect English. They also could not have been more welcoming to my dog. The island is like a small village in the middle of a large city and this wonderful little hotel will seem like home.

Room Tip: If you go for the least expensive room, like I did -- do not expect much of a view.
3 Thank Linda50Boston
Bermuda
Reviewed May 24, 2013

You just can't beat the location of this hotel, centrally located on Ile St Louis. The staff were very friendly and also helped with trip planning; they recommended restaurants, confirmed dinner reservations and organized a private car.The apartments are perfect for families. We'll be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Portland
Reviewed May 17, 2013

For us, this boutique hotel is the perfect spot to enjoy the sights and sounds of Paris. It is small, friendly, comfortable, beautiful, and located in the ideal spot to either stay-put and enjoy the quieter comforts of Paris, or walk across the bridge and explore the wide world of Paris. Located on the Ile St Louis, a small island that is across from Notre Dame, the hotel is on the only main street. Even so, it is very quiet because it is set back from the street by an interior patio. Our room, number #3, looks out into another lovely, quiet patio, ideal for reading. While breakfast is served each morning, we ventured out and walked down the street to St. Regis, a cafe that makes superb omelets and is the quintessential Parisian cafe (we loved the staff who wake up happy every morning). I would definitely recommend this hotel for first time visitors to Paris (it will make your trip memorable, manageable, and stress-free -- thanks to a very helpful staff). I've added photos of our room --#3 to this review.

Room Tip: We've stayed here twice and both rooms were excellent. Room #3 has a view of the interior patio.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SWriter
Colmar, France
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I go to Paris a couple of times a year, and have tried out different hotels over the years.
Now I think I`m going to stay put for my next visits! The Jeu de Paume is a gem. The beautiful restoration of the old bulding, with the rough old beams quite visible, the pretty and very comfortable room - for a single, it was surprisingly large,the very comtortable bed and lovely bed linen, the welcome of the staff, the location! close to everything, with a metro station 5 minutes away. And all the wonderful and varied restaurans along the Rue St. Louis. I sat on the mezzanine one evening and marvelled about the total silence. Calm and quiet, in the absolute heart of Paris.10 minutes walk from the Notre Dame! I ask you. And the golden retriever of the house is just beatutiful and kind. This is one of the best hotels I\ve stayed in.

2 Thank ithaca96