“Lovely Ile St Louis”

Hotel du Jeu de Paume
Ranked #157 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I spent 6 weeks in Paris and stayed in 4 hotels, this being the fourth on my last 2 nights. I loved both the location and the hotel. You cannot beat the location as it is central to everything - to the right you have the Marais and to the left the Latin Quarter and St Germain and just over the central bridge you have Ile De Cite.

On the Island you have Notre Dame, along with many other must-see-delights.

The hotel has a non-descript facade but inside it is a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of the isle. the room was larger than I through it would be and I had a lovely view of the courtyard. Fresh flowers greeted me on the desk and my luggage was very kindly transported to my room. Yep there was free wifi, and the usual niceties such as TV, bath, bath toiletries a minibar and fridge. I asked for a kettle so I could make my own tea and coffee and this was happily accommodated.
I didn’t eat breakfast at 18 Euro. This hotel has many nooks and crannies to explore and sit in. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Cannot wait to stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor with a courtyard view. I cannot comment on the higher floors.
1  Thank deborah b

Reviewed May 24, 2013

For years I have been going to Paris, and one thing has always been consistent, that the Ile St Louis is my favorite spot in Paris, and now I have found a hotel to match this little corner of Paris. The hotel is both sophisticated and elegant while being intimate and low key. I stayed in one of their single rooms, which was a good size with a nice-sized bathroom and a very comfortable bed. The staff could not have been nicer and more helpful, and spoke perfect English. They also could not have been more welcoming to my dog. The island is like a small village in the middle of a large city and this wonderful little hotel will seem like home.

Room Tip: If you go for the least expensive room, like I did -- do not expect much of a view.
3  Thank Linda50Boston
Reviewed May 24, 2013

You just can't beat the location of this hotel, centrally located on Ile St Louis. The staff were very friendly and also helped with trip planning; they recommended restaurants, confirmed dinner reservations and organized a private car.The apartments are perfect for families. We'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2013

For us, this boutique hotel is the perfect spot to enjoy the sights and sounds of Paris. It is small, friendly, comfortable, beautiful, and located in the ideal spot to either stay-put and enjoy the quieter comforts of Paris, or walk across the bridge and explore the wide world of Paris. Located on the Ile St Louis, a small island that is across from Notre Dame, the hotel is on the only main street. Even so, it is very quiet because it is set back from the street by an interior patio. Our room, number #3, looks out into another lovely, quiet patio, ideal for reading. While breakfast is served each morning, we ventured out and walked down the street to St. Regis, a cafe that makes superb omelets and is the quintessential Parisian cafe (we loved the staff who wake up happy every morning). I would definitely recommend this hotel for first time visitors to Paris (it will make your trip memorable, manageable, and stress-free -- thanks to a very helpful staff). I've added photos of our room --#3 to this review.

Room Tip: We've stayed here twice and both rooms were excellent. Room #3 has a view of the interior patio.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SWriter
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I go to Paris a couple of times a year, and have tried out different hotels over the years.
Now I think I`m going to stay put for my next visits! The Jeu de Paume is a gem. The beautiful restoration of the old bulding, with the rough old beams quite visible, the pretty and very comfortable room - for a single, it was surprisingly large,the very comtortable bed and lovely bed linen, the welcome of the staff, the location! close to everything, with a metro station 5 minutes away. And all the wonderful and varied restaurans along the Rue St. Louis. I sat on the mezzanine one evening and marvelled about the total silence. Calm and quiet, in the absolute heart of Paris.10 minutes walk from the Notre Dame! I ask you. And the golden retriever of the house is just beatutiful and kind. This is one of the best hotels I\ve stayed in.

2  Thank ithaca96
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in April. We couldn't have asked for better. The location is perfect and the hotel staff was wonderful. They were very helpful with any request we had. Our room was very clean and a good size. We had a room on the second floor with a view of the courtyard. It was very quiet as we slept the window open every night. We can not wait to return.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We usually stay in a 2 star in the 5th, but slpurged. This was a treat. A boutique hotel with ambiance to die for. The location is the best in Paris. We had one bad night, when a neighbor of the hotel had a party and the music was loud and lasted till 3 am. This was not the fault of the hotel, however. The staff speaks English which is useful and appreciated. The neighborhood around is full of resturants and shops, but you can walk to almost anywhere in the center of the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple